Most overused strategies...

VixenRawR

You know I've tried that strategy so many times. I was a healer at off node having 4 people chase me like chickens with head cut off. I am doing the math in my mind. 7 v 4...if the enemy has a guard on their other node...7 v 3 in mid....2 mins later no caps. Like HOW?! Heck I just confirmed they have 3 at snow. -.- The chickens on my team don't even have wings or feet for that matter. =/

Yah no one even looks at door. I've had it so many times all 16 people are fighting at one door including me and after like a bit no one i dying cause healers...I just go...well no one is facing at the door...ill just wander up to it and plant and it works. >.> lol

The worst is when you see it hit 8.0 seconds and THEN a marauder leaps on you and it cancels. Like huh? -.-

I remember one time in 3.0 I was capping a door and I was about 3 seconds in and I saw a merc fall into range and I was like...craaap. I was about to just drop it cause he was running at me. Then he didn't attack...he got all the way to me...I planted and he hit rocket punch. I could just imagine his determination he saw me and was running and was looking over his power tray for a power to click "Emergency scan" nope..."Kolto shot" nope...."Energy shield" nope..."Rocket punch" Oh an attack...oh no they are going to cap the door. *spam clicks it while running at me*

This game has gotten really buggy though. I was playing a mids match in civil war. I was in mid, the only one guarding. I am looking as a lvl 42 sorc arrives. I jump down off my perch as they jump down...I see the force speed animation. For a second I have a blind spot as I come around to face them. They aren't there. I am like...did they quit. We were winning pretty well. I run up and look towards snow to see if they ran that direction...nothing. I turn back and wander towards my node a bit..and suddenly the sorc became visible and was halfway thru capping. My Ms is in the 80's...like please EAware fix your game.

agree with the bugs allot of Invisible chars and textures and props also there are some huge delays to dmg taken and deaths lol

btw i also know the feel when im on my guard/jugg tanking for i dont know how damn long 3-4 players at a cap point ALONE and my team still cant cap anything or hell even lose the points we have during it.... like what the hell people why im even trying to win this ?

when your team cant 7v4 thats a bit sad.....

Edited by Zolxtren

agree with the bugs allot of Invisible chars and textures and props also there are some huge delays to dmg taken and deaths lol

btw i also know the feel when im on my guard/jugg tanking for i dont know how damn long 3-4 players at a cap point ALONE and my team still cant cap anything or hell even lose the points we have during it.... like what the hell people why im even trying to win this ?

when your team cant 7v4 thats a bit sad.....

It's even more sad when the match ends and your team has over double the dmg theirs does. Our team has a healer, theirs didn't...and we lose by a lot...not even a close match. Like what is going on? Like I understand how important dps is, but when you don't apply it to objectives it's useless.

Top dps without objectives is equivalent to having a Nuclear missile and when North Korea attacks you launch it at Madagascar..."It's an island..I was close"

Focused dps on objectives is like assassinating their leader and watching their nation crumble. Literally do not need to attack everything, just take out the key component and win.

One of the funnest strategies I like to use in a warzone with a friend when the other team plays like chickens is when I am a healer you'd think I'd be focused right? My friend runs around on a tank at low health and I only heal him so high and he has dcds just in case. So team chases around low hp tank the whole match thinking "One more hit and I have a chance of getting an easy kill." Or same thing I won't spam heal myself to full if I feel like I can control the focus and get an entire team to jump me like a raging horde of rampaging chimpanzees during a banana famine as I keep myself just low enough to look like a free kill. Then lead them 100m away from door.

Once had a warzone where a team did that, they were trying so hard to gank the healer that I planted all the doors unopposed and all my team did was heal and spam chilling scream and roots and never killed anyone so they couldn't even stop me once I got ahead. Fastest voidstar ever. Literally from first door to last it was only delayed by walking. But that's just a special case of sadness. xD Sadly we've all been on teams like that. ..lol I remember one time I planted the door after bridge, then rolled to other door and planted that too hahaha.

Idk why people let it happen though. Why people get so focused on tunneling someone that clearly isn't working to their advantage.

Oh the next fun strategy...is to fight poorly, run away limping about to die so people get focused on really getting that kill...before they know what happened...you push them off the cliff. :D

I will lose a warzone just to knock someone off a ledge..that is my weakness and my main goal :D It's so fun. I mean I will still try to win, but I will take risks by leaving door to push someone off ledge.

"Keep idiot dps-ing when someone is part-way through a cap and calls "CC" in chat. I see that a lot.

If someone is calling for CC I check all mine and fire off anything that's not on CD. - But usually someone isn't on the same page and blindly attacks everyone who is controlled so they're free to merrily go and stop the cap.

Good thing I don't take PvP too seriously... :rolleyes:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

It's even more sad when the match ends and your team has over double the dmg theirs does. Our team has a healer, theirs didn't...and we lose by a lot...not even a close match. Like what is going on? Like I understand how important dps is, but when you don't apply it to objectives it's useless.

Top dps without objectives is equivalent to having a Nuclear missile and when North Korea attacks you launch it at Madagascar..."It's an island..I was close"

Focused dps on objectives is like assassinating their leader and watching their nation crumble. Literally do not need to attack everything, just take out the key component and win.

One of the funnest strategies I like to use in a warzone with a friend when the other team plays like chickens is when I am a healer you'd think I'd be focused right? My friend runs around on a tank at low health and I only heal him so high and he has dcds just in case. So team chases around low hp tank the whole match thinking "One more hit and I have a chance of getting an easy kill." Or same thing I won't spam heal myself to full if I feel like I can control the focus and get an entire team to jump me like a raging horde of rampaging chimpanzees during a banana famine as I keep myself just low enough to look like a free kill. Then lead them 100m away from door.

Once had a warzone where a team did that, they were trying so hard to gank the healer that I planted all the doors unopposed and all my team did was heal and spam chilling scream and roots and never killed anyone so they couldn't even stop me once I got ahead. Fastest voidstar ever. Literally from first door to last it was only delayed by walking. But that's just a special case of sadness. xD Sadly we've all been on teams like that. ..lol I remember one time I planted the door after bridge, then rolled to other door and planted that too hahaha.

Idk why people let it happen though. Why people get so focused on tunneling someone that clearly isn't working to their advantage.

Oh the next fun strategy...is to fight poorly, run away limping about to die so people get focused on really getting that kill...before they know what happened...you push them off the cliff. :D

I will lose a warzone just to knock someone off a ledge..that is my weakness and my main goal :D It's so fun. I mean I will still try to win, but I will take risks by leaving door to push someone off ledge.

same here with the ledges XD its just sooo satisfying :3

also i call those DPS players Mongoloids.

same here with the ledges XD its just sooo satisfying :3

also i call those DPS players Mongoloids.

I killed someone 23 times once in a warzone because I focused only them. It wasn't all ledges, but it was a lot. I give them a pat on the back for not rage quitting. XD

It's fun watching that sorc healer desperate to get back to the tunnel fest of their dps team...but I am on the bridge pushing them off before they can do anything. So fun as a sin because if they have dps on bridge with them you just sap the healer...and the dps don't even bother to stop to find out...and then I push them off and they dont come back for me so i go back into stealth and wait for sorc again. >:D

They try hard to stay in center...and then I pull and push them off...they realize I am a tank.

This time knowing pull is off cooldown them make their way carefully across the bridge. I knock them back....they don't fall...they are SOO happy...then my friend knocks them off. Yup...we are a sin duo wrecking havoc on both bridges and sometimes together. >:D

Edited by VixenRawR

while we are at it lets talk about the most Underused strategy.....

you know....

attacking the healers........

if all those mongoloid DPS ers would use their Mastered tunneling talents on healers 1st

WZs would be a different place :rak_03:

thing is there's usually too many healers in one place to tunnel through one most matches.. - Especially if half your team is heals too. It's nice that I don't die much and can pad numbers if I wish, but you're not gonna take down several healers all x-healing and using their DCDs in some form of pattern. - Especially with HoT spreads, AoEs, knockback heals, and several off-heals all going on at once - like at a door in Voidstar where everyone is concentrated in a small area.

IDK but healing seems to be a lot of fire-fighting- I.e. topping up anyone getting low, whereas DPS tends to need a fair bit of co-ordinating. - But as soon as someone swaps a reticule for a lightning for a flame icon above an enemies head, someone else always stops what they're doing to rage at them...

while we are at it lets talk about the most Underused strategy.....

you know....

attacking the healers........

if all those mongoloid DPS ers would use their Mastered tunneling talents on healers 1st

WZs would be a different place :rak_03:

The stategy is sound in theory. The problem is two fold.

Firstly, no one likes to beat on enemies that are almost always mitigating your damage by a significant amount.

Secondly, Gaurded Snipers and Mercs cause the same issues as when a healer is guarded and people leaving them alone will be allowing them to free cast like crazy in all their opness.

If you leave the engineering sniper alone they will blanket high density areas with constant plasma probes causing 70% slows and having one hundred percent up time with their AOEs.

Yes the healer is the one you wont to drop as fast as possible, but you cannot ignore other concerns. I.E. DPS need to guard the doors in voidstar when on defense. If they go after the healer they leave the door more vulnerable to bomb placing and you will virtually never find a healer close to that area of defense.

That said, leaving the healer to freecast heals is no better than leaving Mercs and snipers to freecast, and in fact probably worse. The attempt to kill the healer should be undertaken whereever possible and not overly risky with necessary objectives.

It's a difficult balancing to be sure, and at times its a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

The stategy is sound in theory. The problem is two fold.

Firstly, no one likes to beat on enemies that are almost always mitigating your damage by a significant amount.

Secondly, Gaurded Snipers and Mercs cause the same issues as when a healer is guarded and people leaving them alone will be allowing them to free cast like crazy in all their opness.

If you leave the engineering sniper alone they will blanket high density areas with constant plasma probes causing 70% slows and having one hundred percent up time with their AOEs.

Yes the healer is the one you wont to drop as fast as possible, but you cannot ignore other concerns. I.E. DPS need to guard the doors in voidstar when on defense. If they go after the healer they leave the door more vulnerable to bomb placing and you will virtually never find a healer close to that area of defense.

That said, leaving the healer to freecast heals is no better than leaving Mercs and snipers to freecast, and in fact probably worse. The attempt to kill the healer should be undertaken whereever possible and not overly risky with necessary objectives.

It's a difficult balancing to be sure, and at times its a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Oh stop posting this non*sense* in the PvP forums. It's like you think PvP is full of complicated and ever-changing situations, with various players of various skill levels on variously capable specs, with various priorities in each of the various matches. We all know that if everyone were to *simply* "focus the healer" that both teams would end up victorious in each match somehow.

(The above was sarcasm, for those who were not sure. :p Good post I thought.)

Stealthing objectives never works; there is always some visible player on your team who follows you :rolleyes:

That is my single biggest pet-peeve in this games PvP.

I mean I even tell people not to follow me.

But they are either completely oblivious, think I'm using reverse-psychology on them or are just plain ignorant.

Edited by Evolixe

But they are either completely oblivious, think I'm using reverse-psychology on them or are just plain ignorant.

Lately, I hate it when even other stealth players follow me. I mean, I'm not the best at sap-capping, but I can pull it off once in a while. But not when I sap, and start to cap. And what does the other stealth do? Wait there, ready to resap if the defender breaks? No, THEY OPEN UP ON EM. Jeesh. It's just depressing how often that scenario happens now-a-days. :(

Lately, I hate it when even other stealth players follow me. I mean, I'm not the best at sap-capping, but I can pull it off once in a while. But not when I sap, and start to cap. And what does the other stealth do? Wait there, ready to resap if the defender breaks? No, THEY OPEN UP ON EM. Jeesh. It's just depressing how often that scenario happens now-a-days. :(

That happens literally every time a stealther follows me lol.

Oh stop posting this non*sense* in the PvP forums. It's like you think PvP is full of complicated and ever-changing situations, with various players of various skill levels on variously capable specs, with various priorities in each of the various matches. We all know that if everyone were to *simply* "focus the healer" that both teams would end up victorious in each match somehow.

(The above was sarcasm, for those who were not sure. :p Good post I thought.)

You had me there til the very end. Wise *** heh

I use left right, because I know people learned left right long before they understood east west. I know people who understand east west should understand left right...so I just use left right because otherwise I say east and they go mid.

"I Was going North East..."

When I was a kid once, there was an auditorium filled with kids and adults, I think over 300. The speaker asked everyone to close their eyes and when they did they said point north. It was almost all the kids pointing forward, and the adults pointing to their left which was North. XD

Kids are so stupid =p

It always amazes me when I go to off node at start of Civil War...and someone else follows me...and then the other team sees the incoming at mid...so they turn and follow them and soon 5 people are trailing after me. Mid gets capped instantly and they come to grass and stop us from capping.

I see the reverse to. I go offnode at grass and I see 3 people on their team going to grass. Like what? Like sometimes I don't even go offnode...why would you send 3 people there to cap your node? In the end I just let them cap, and half the time all 3 run away, or they have 1 guard and I sap them and cap. Or just kill them as they probably won't even bother making the call.

I really do hate when people break my saps or flashbang. I once had a perfect flashbang and started to cap..I would have had it...but a sniper that had followed me used ambush on it after I flashbanged. I was watching it...like don't do it....you can cancel the channel, but nope they were committed and they even tried to use the excuse that they didn't know he was soft stunned. Like you do realize operative and sniper flashbang appear the same on a target. >.<

Back in the day I would always have a marauder or jugg leap in and AoE smash my group of flashbanged targets as if they went into some god-mode anti cc attack. Like they could be the worst players. Trying to learn WASD, keyboard turning, clicking powers, 5-10 second delay between attacks...but when sapped or flashanged. They would instantly use force charge and smash with perfect succession...zero delay time. It seems like noobs actually can be good at what they do....to bad that is being bad.