The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Storm worth it?

uadarth

As a tank, is the skill Storm worth it?

I didn't truly love my Vanguard until I got Storm. It's great for rushing mob packs, bosses and absolutely priceless in PvP (and the damage is honestly that that shabby). Do not pass this up, I promise once you get it you will never spec out of it.

It's a slower cast, just like our 31 point talent. You'll notice people dying while your still still stuck in animation alot etc. It's also a bit short range, but it's got immobilize instead of stun with is sweet in pvp (no resolve on snare/immob) and it's invaluable for mobility on maps with ledges etc.

It's a slower cast, just like our 31 point talent. You'll notice people dying while your still still stuck in animation alot etc. It's also a bit short range, but it's got immobilize instead of stun with is sweet in pvp (no resolve on snare/immob) and it's invaluable for mobility on maps with ledges etc.

most be you cause when i use it the dude just goes storming off in a instant

I have a question about storm. I have a 36 powertech that I love playing but I am considering switching to Republic due to population reasons. I assume that storm, like jet charge (which I love) will let you jump hazardsj without taking damage, hop platform levels, etc. but I frankly haven't seen enough vanguards in warzones to know that.

Does storm function just like jet charge? What is the animation like for platform hopping?

Thanks.

Does storm function just like jet charge? What is the animation like for platform hopping?

Thanks.

It's identical.

And you basically run at the target and leap at the last second. This means you run through the air when platform hopping. Still kicks ***, though.

I have a question about storm. I have a 36 powertech that I love playing but I am considering switching to Republic due to population reasons. I assume that storm, like jet charge (which I love) will let you jump hazardsj without taking damage, hop platform levels, etc. but I frankly haven't seen enough vanguards in warzones to know that.

Thanks.

Here's a quick vid of Storm. It shows leaping off hills and stuff. Looks a little bit odd, but I kinda like it

Storm can also be used to jump to a higher platform in Huttball. People expect Jedi and Sith to go leaping through the air, but a flying vanguard is quite the shock. :)

This, I find nothing more satisfying than waiting for the flame burner to go down and seeing Sorcerors stupidly standing right in the goal zone waiting to zap me. I score and just walk away knowing they feel really really stupid.