New Class

christian_bmx

I think it's time for swtor to have 1 or more new class. For the republic and for the empire. With a class history.

I dont know, something like an "Republic Agent" and "Imperial Trooper"

Or, a class like "knight of zakuul" or "guardian of Iokat"

It's just an idea.

What do you think?

What class would you like to see? a wookie, a jawa? why not?

How about a Beastmaster class? I would love to have my pet Rancor baby attacking enemies for me. Each discipline could be tied to a type of animal species. Like maybe a reptilian, mammalian, and avian type. Each with it's own type of skills and abilities.

I still say we should pull Smuggler from the Rep side, BH from the Imp side, and put them in a neutral side(that can pick either side or just stay neutral). Replace the Smuggler with a Senator story, start out an aide and rise to become a full fledged Senator. AKA Padme/Leia story. Replace the BH with an Emperor's guard story. Start out a standard Imperial trooper and through sheer work and promise, become an Imperial Guard.

Then on the Neutral side toss in 2 new force classes.

Force Adept with 2 new advanced classes: Jal Shey adept and Sorceres of Tund or Witches of Dathomir.

Force Warrior: Zeison Sha Warrior or Matukai Adept.

There's some new classes for ya.

I've suggested in other threads of this topic:

Non force using melee class, inspired partially by that blind guy in rogue one, and other partly by a game I played a long time ago, a mortal kombat inspired game called Star wars: Masters of Teras Kasi. Teras Kasi being the martial arts tourney they created just for that game.

I'd use a planet we all heard about repeatedly, Dantoine. Empire players as well as Republic players will go through this starter planet together, only to choose a side near the end and PVP battle their way to their respective departure shuttles.

I could take or leave whether they start out at level one, or an advanced level. Does it matter?

The normally thrown away force pike/vibro sword/electro sword, and similar weapons that we use to stick our companions with, now just sell/throw away could serve the Teras Kasi monk quite well.

or maybe monk is a bad name for a non force using martial artist?

Got a better one?

Edited by LordRapheus

Because of the game's rigid story structure and restrictive faction system I think a new class would have to be a standalone feature--like the cartel companions. Giving them a backstory and starting planet, then integrating them into existing story content might prove too costly.

Therefore I think the best way to do this would be a droid class. That way they can mirror each other for each faction like sith sorcerer/jedi consular.

It wouldn't be able to chose from existing races but instead would have its own customization options--frame, colors, etc. The droid would then get dropped into the game like a level 60/65 token character unlock does. It wouldn't be able to have a class story, but would have access to fps, ops, pvp, crewskills, heroic, and gsf.

Companions and gearing would be another matter altogether, but it would probably be more feasible than a new class in the same sense as existing classes. I'd say just give it a few of the existing companions and bring back the droid parts system.

And lastly, as far as what these classes could actually be, on the imp side make it an assassin droid and on pub side some kind of war droid.

i would love to get a new class for each faction. i would pay for it without any problem. But i think its to difficult to put it inside the game. Maybe the new upcoming road map will tell something about it, but i dont think it will.

• 2 weeks later...
Even though it probably won't fit with swtor, I personally would LOVE to see a new class as the Yuuzhan Vong. That, I would play with for hours upon hours

YV beg for another faction with Warrior (Knight \ Warrior), Shaper (Consular \ Inquisitor), Priest (Agent \ Smuggler) and Shamed One (Bounty Hunter \ Trooper).

YV were scouting the Galaxy around the times of original KotOR, they could make some attempt at full scale invasion in some remote part of the Outer Rim. Iokath would fit nicely with their technophobia.