Hood/Mask issue

Allblackmusic

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making Kallig and Revan look normal.

For a while I thought that was how Kallig was supposed to look. Then for some reason I was looking at my Codex and ran across his entry. He has a hood up in his Codex entry, which made him look much better.

I love the way my hood looks, just wish I could wear a mask with it.

Don't forget Jedi, who are screwed the other way around... all Jedi robes have the hood permanently stuck up, meaning once you get your first robe, you will never see your character's hair again.

actually, it's more annoying than that.

I just got the Knight's Crusade chestguard BECAUSE when I control-leftclicked on it, it showed as not having a hood (but control-leftclicking ignores the 'hide head slot' setting) - but... when I have 'hide head slot' on, the hood goes up... turn 'hide headslot' off and the hood goes down.

So it's clear all (at least some) of the chest pieces have the hoods as a separate piece than can be displayed or not. It should be easy for them to put a hood-up/hood-down toggle.

I hope they do!

This "movement" for hoods and masks just gave me an idea for the website, more or less the forums. The Devs should add a petition/survey format that allows people to form actual petitions on the forums. It could make things far more simplified.

Also Allblackmusic, can I suggest that you put up the forum names of everyone who agree's or /signed in a list in the OP. It could show the Dev's how many people really care about it because I'm sure its more than just us.

Edited by Rohanshot

Did i miss something? My shadow's rockin' a mask and a hood at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIEVdGt94Uk&feature=youtu.be

edit was to post the vid ID. was uploading when i made the post.

I think your mask is one of that few that somehow works with hood... Maybe it is because your mask is not made as helmet... Sith masks are made as helmets so maybe that is the problem...

This "movement" for hoods and masks just gave me an idea for the website, more or less the forums. The Devs should add a petition/survey format that allows people to form actual petitions on the forums. It could make things far more simplified.

Also Allblackmusic, can I suggest that you put up the forum names of everyone who agree's or /signed in a list in the OP. It could show the Dev's how many people really care about it because I'm sure its more than just us.

Well that can be pretty hard and I dont know if it would not be some kind of spam... Also I dont want to put any name if somebody change his mind... It would be better to make poll or something.. the question is if they close that poll or not...

Yeah probably the best way is toggle hood up/down working with masks...

Works for me as well. We gotta keep this baby bumped and active and let Bioware know we want this.

It obviously ranks below bugs and gamebreaking glitches, but it would be easy enough to implement that if enough people clamor for it, they may slip it into a patch sometime soon.

It obviously ranks below bugs and gamebreaking glitches, but it would be easy enough to implement that if enough people clamor for it, they may slip it into a patch sometime soon.

Yeah, but what a lot of people forget is that not every single person on the team is working to the fix the same stuff. Obviously like you said this shouldn't take precedence over other bugs and glitches. But this could probably easily be worked on while the others are being fixed.

Is it really that hard for one person to take a minute out of his time and give a response?

To be fair, Stephen Reid has posted about hoods before. I dunno if he's ever talked about the hood + mask bug, but he's talked about hood toggles. And the Jedi Knights have been pretty furious about their lack of armor choices without hoods which he has responded to.

Hopefully we can get something about this as well. Since this is something that worked during the beta and just seems bugged out, hopefully it won't require too much work.

To be fair, Stephen Reid has posted about hoods before. I dunno if he's ever talked about the hood + mask bug, but he's talked about hood toggles. And the Jedi Knights have been pretty furious about their lack of armor choices without hoods which he has responded to.

Hopefully we can get something about this as well. Since this is something that worked during the beta and just seems bugged out, hopefully it won't require too much work.

And what he responded?

And what he responded?

Well about hood toggles he said:

Q: Will there be the ability to raise/lower hoods on Jedi Robes via a command?

We know this is wanted, but it's more work than you might expect. It may come in the future.

This came from the AMA Stephen Reid had on Reddit.

And in response to the Jedi Knights wanting some hoodless armor:

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule.

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

This came from a post here on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=899389#edit899389

Well about hood toggles he said:

This came from the AMA Stephen Reid had on Reddit.

And in response to the Jedi Knights wanting some hoodless armor:

This came from a post here on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=899389#edit899389

interesting... Anyway happy new year... I hope this year will be great for SWTOR and of course for our hood/mask issue :)...

Edited by Allblackmusic

Bioware really seemed to upset a lot of fans with things like this, things the fans have clearly wanted or liked, or thought SHOULD be standard and taken them away or flat out denied it. Why they would show it in every aspect then not allow it in game is beyond me, but over all i don't like it as most head gear as a Sith Warrior looks terrible with out a hood up. although in my opinion most warrior gear looks terrible in general. Malgus is a great Look for Malgus, but not so much a great look for me.

hoods worked with masks in beta, the reason they took off the hoods when headgear is worn is because the masks are really helmets and the back and top of the helmet is usually slightly larger than the hood so there were clipping issues. I hope they fix it though because looking like revan with a mask/hood combo was pretty sweet.

Here is what it looked like in beta http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/naughtynick420/sig2-1.jpg