Email scam Beware!!

Darter

I got tbhis email two days ago. Check out the improper English and what they ask you for:

Thank you for joining the Star Wars?: The Old Republic? community! Celebration of The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team over 1 million paying players, we will surprise some of the players sent gifts, please reply directly to the following information and we will send you as soon as possible.

Account Name:

Account Password:

Country and City:

Your Phone:

Display Name:

5 Security Questions:

5 Security Answers:

Note that you can choose to ignore this message if you ignore this message, you will not get to our surprise gift for you. All of the above issues is required, and please you to confirm your answer is correct, we will can not correct mail gifts to you.

May the Force be with you,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Incoming credit seller spam due to all those accounts being hacked by dumb people who send the requested info....

The worst part is, they will then come crying here blaming BioWare their accounts got hacked :rolleyes:

Edited by Mandrax

I would hope that not very many would fall for it but... The grammar is about the same as half of the forum posts.

Have you ever come across anyone who has to buy those "limited time offers" you see on tv?

I have.

People like that exist, and people who will fall for that email exist. The thing is, many people do not speak native English, and many who do lack the teaching to see why that email is a farce.

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread at this time. David Bass has posted on the subject of Account Security and I am reposting this here as well:

In order to ensure the safety of your account, please remember that BioWare employees will NEVER ask via email for any of your SWTOR account details including passwords or security questions and answers. If you feel your account is in danger of being compromised, please change your password immediately and contact Customer Service for assistance.