Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

Has anyone noticed...

SWscotty

Has anyone noticed the details surrounding them in game. My hats off to the Devs, awesome job. The small details are great, and make the game more fun. If you haven't noticed them, I implore you to stop for a moment and just take a good luck around. You may be suprised at what you see.

Small details that I've seen over the years:

Tython: lamp post on the way to Elarian Trail is floating in the air.

Tython: In front of the Jedi temple are a series of circular rings containing trees and stuff. When facing the temple, the one on the far right with bushes and a statue in it is about a hand height off the ground and sticking over the side of the ledge.

Tython: When getting one's lightsaber at the forge as a consular, look up at the mountains behind the forge. The trees are 2-d and don't even touch the ground.

Alderaan: On the steps approaching House Rist, the supposedly fallen snow on the steps is angled 45 degrees in the air.

So that and thousands of other little things, yes I've noticed the details.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I agree, there is a lot of nuanced detail in this game, but players rarely slow down enough to actually breathe and look around, and notice. These are the same players who complain that the game world and it's contents are too static or stale.

Back in the day, when I landed in a new area, I would spend some time to look around closely and even listen in on some of the NPC conversations. There is A LOT of detail if you take time to observe it.

Personally, while I enjoy the detail, and I'm sure it took a lot of pre-launch efforts to deploy it... it's mostly wasted with todays game players. :(

Edited by Andryah

Recently I went back to Ord Mantell, the first planet I ever saw in this game, and headed up to the top of the Heroic area (Savrip Island) and just looked around. Beautiful view. :) I - or my smuggler gal, in-character - pointed out all the landmarks. I could see the hangar where I first landed. There's the wildlands, with Captain--SORRY, COLONEL!--Crazy and his cloudberry stew. The looming volcano and the Separatist base.

I noticed the background details, too: the ships that had crashed far off in the ocean, the smoke obscuring the horizon, the occasional starfighters swooping down overhead.

Little details - like the posters around Coruscant ("Stop Republic oppression! The Justicars will prevail!") that you wouldn't ordinarily notice unless you were looking for them. The gentle shadows waving over the hills and forests of Tython. Bits of paper and trash scattered around the streets of Nar Shaddaa. Fireflies playing around your head in Zakuul's Endless Swamp - looking up to see the city lights of the Spire and realizing just how huge those buildings are, and seeing the streams of traffic like rivers of light above your head.

This game truly is beautiful. :)

I'm so glad you posted on this! I was trying to think of good way to make the same post myself. There are a lot of little things that make this a great game, contrary to what it was when it released. It still has its fair share of faults but the little things do count. A few that come to mind::

- voice acting: not all, but certainly some instances stand out above others with the writing, inflection, and general acting ability. Two come to mind. Vaz Traniff from the Smuggler class story and General Edikar from Taral V "This is my battlefield, scum! YOU ONLY LEAVE IT IN A BAG!" LOL, I live to hear him say that on every run through.

- holographic displays on some armors (really I wish there was more of this) like the Tactical Infantry helmet. Those would be great add-on effects for armors specific to each class.

- armors with working jetpacks are awesome little surprises but I wish they were all guaranteed to work.

- outfit pieces with flashing blinking lights!!!

... vague thread titles suck? I have.

This game is just beautiful. It's a shame new players miss out due to stupid-fast leveling. I doubt very many new players would ever know who Thana Vesh or any of the other cool NPCs and environments are past the first few planets.

I have always appreciated the immersive detail of SWTOR.

What I do not appreciate is - since 5.0, the floodiing the game with unmarked, unlabeled, unnamed NPCs on the fleet and elsewhere since 5.0. It's visual noise pollution.

Edited by jimmorrisson

I've mentioned it in other threads, but has anyone noticed that the only other bed available on the Defender-class ship (Jedi) other than the captain's double bed is in the single bed sick bay? No crew beds, anywhere. Go look, you won't find any.

Interestingly, however, in one of the cut scenes in a KOTFE chapter where you meet the ghost of Darth Marr and an older Satele Shan, you walk out the back of your ship, and to your left on the cut scene are bunk beds.

But none on the actual ship yourself that you can find if you walk through the ship.

I'm so glad you posted on this! I was trying to think of good way to make the same post myself. There are a lot of little things that make this a great game, contrary to what it was when it released. It still has its fair share of faults but the little things do count. A few that come to mind::

- voice acting: not all, but certainly some instances stand out above others with the writing, inflection, and general acting ability. Two come to mind. Vaz Traniff from the Smuggler class story and General Edikar from Taral V "This is my battlefield, scum! YOU ONLY LEAVE IT IN A BAG!" LOL, I live to hear him say that on every run through.

- holographic displays on some armors (really I wish there was more of this) like the Tactical Infantry helmet. Those would be great add-on effects for armors specific to each class.

- armors with working jetpacks are awesome little surprises but I wish they were all guaranteed to work.

- outfit pieces with flashing blinking lights!!!

Heh yeah there was a thread about the cool "lines" in the game too, some were very good!

I've mentioned it in other threads, but has anyone noticed that the only other bed available on the Defender-class ship (Jedi) other than the captain's double bed is in the single bed sick bay? No crew beds, anywhere. Go look, you won't find any.

Maybe they fold up when not in use? I have noticed that, guess no one sleeps.

Maybe they fold up when not in use? I have noticed that, guess no one sleeps.

Or everyone shares your character's room. Night comes around and: "Well, come on everybody, pile in!" That's gotta be "cozy" in the Consular's ship toward the end of the storyline, I tell you.

Edited by SourOrange

Or everyone shares your character's room. Night comes around and: "Well, come on everybody, pile in!" That's gotta be "cozy" in the Consular's ship toward the end of the storyline, I tell you.

:D

The logical extreme of this conclusion (with a male consular who didn't romance Nadia, that is):

Consular: ...Nadia. I asked you to please sleep at the far end of the bed, away from me.

Nadia: Sorry. ......not even a little cuddle?

Consular: Nadia! *scandalized* I've told you time and again I see you as a sister, almost like a daughter! AND I'm more than twice your age! Now, please, keep those thoughts to yourself at bedtime!

Nadia: :(

Iresso: Can Qyzen sleep SOMEPLACE else? He's currently squishing me into the wall. Scales, ouch...

Tharan: You left out where Holiday can sleep.

Consular: Er...Tharan, Holiday can "sleep" in the ship's computers, can't she?

Tharan: Well, yes... but sometimes we--

Consular: Oh heavens, I don't want to know!

Iresso: On that matter - Zenith, I know you love your sniper rifle, but can you please not sleep curled up with it? The tip is right against my nose, and I don't know about you, but sleeping with a loaded rifle pointed at my head is not my idea of comfort.

Zenith: *grr*

Alauni: So. Anyplace for us to sleep?

Consular: ... e_e

*five minutes later, every single person in the entire Rift Alliance is packed into one tiny bed*

Consular: *from the very bottom of the massive pile* i dont know how this is possible

Iresso: but i cant breathe

Nadia: help me

Qyzen: rasp

Tharan: whose bright idea was this

Alauni: I'm stuck between an Esh-Kha and the ceiling. My lekku are killing me.

Zenith: grr

Edited by Jagaimee

I agree, there is a lot of nuanced detail in this game, but players rarely slow down enough to actually breathe and look around, and notice. These are the same players who complain that the game world and it's contents are too static or stale.

Back in the day, when I landed in a new area, I would spend some time to look around closely and even listen in on some of the NPC conversations. There is A LOT of detail if you take time to observe it.

Personally, while I enjoy the detail, and I'm sure it took a lot of pre-launch efforts to deploy it... it's mostly wasted with todays game players. :(

Pretty much dead on about that, it seems that in most MMO's there is too many cliques with agendas or folks that spend more time ranting on forums than playing the game. a couple years ago I talked to a guy at PAX that once worked as a content designer on WoW, he said one of the biggest frustrations was the level of detail that was demanded by the producers, which were barely noticed, because of the mad dash to get the shiny.

Sadly, I don't see that changing in MMO's any time soon.

Pretty much dead on about that, it seems that in most MMO's there is too many cliques with agendas or folks that spend more time ranting on forums than playing the game. a couple years ago I talked to a guy at PAX that once worked as a content designer on WoW, he said one of the biggest frustrations was the level of detail that was demanded by the producers, which were barely noticed, because of the mad dash to get the shiny.

Sadly, I don't see that changing in MMO's any time soon.

Sad, but very very true. I myself frequently stop and metaphorically 'smell the roses', but that isn't true for most.

:D

The logical extreme of this conclusion (with a male consular who didn't romance Nadia, that is):

Consular: ...Nadia. I asked you to please sleep at the far end of the bed, away from me.

Nadia: Sorry. ......not even a little cuddle?

Consular: Nadia! *scandalized* I've told you time and again I see you as a sister, almost like a daughter! AND I'm more than twice your age! Now, please, keep those thoughts to yourself at bedtime!

Nadia: :(

Iresso: Can Qyzen sleep SOMEPLACE else? He's currently squishing me into the wall. Scales, ouch...

Tharan: You left out where Holiday can sleep.

Consular: Er...Tharan, Holiday can "sleep" in the ship's computers, can't she?

Tharan: Well, yes... but sometimes we--

Consular: Oh heavens, I don't want to know!

Iresso: On that matter - Zenith, I know you love your sniper rifle, but can you please not sleep curled up with it? The tip is right against my nose, and I don't know about you, but sleeping with a loaded rifle pointed at my head is not my idea of comfort.

Zenith: *grr*

Alauni: So. Anyplace for us to sleep?

Consular: ... e_e

*five minutes later, every single person in the entire Rift Alliance is packed into one tiny bed*

Consular: *from the very bottom of the massive pile* i dont know how this is possible

Iresso: but i cant breathe

Nadia: help me

Qyzen: rasp

Tharan: whose bright idea was this

Alauni: I'm stuck between an Esh-Kha and the ceiling. My lekku are killing me.

Zenith: grr

Lol!

Yeah, and the dark side option is to make them sleep on the floor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.