Cartel Pack Changes Coming with Steadfast Champion Pack on 5/16

EricMusco

Hey folks,

The team is aware of the concern regarding collection unlock prices and will be talking about options. No changes are currently planned, but we are looking at what we can do in the future. I will pass on any updates I receive from the team!

-eric

Eric i would like to see the prices be what they were like beforehand where common were 60cc, rare was 120cc, super rare was 240cc, and ultra rares were 400cc. With the type changes it would be nice to have bronze at 60cc, silver to be 120cc, gold to be 240, and platinum to be 400.

I think many people would like this pricing for global unlocks on items (as well as making the datacubes bronze rarity again they used to cost 60cc to unlock now its 400cc).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally, packs will now only contain Silver, Gold, and Platinum rarity items. What this change means is that you will more consistently get new pack items (since one is guaranteed in each pack) and you will have a much greater chance of getting Silver, Gold, and Platinum items than you did previously.

What this change means is the lowest unlock cost for a set of armor will be 240 Cartel Coins rather than 60 Cartel Coins. Please don't #*/@ on my feet and tell me it's raining.

I will not purchase Steadfast Champion packs with ingame credits nor with real life money.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Yeah they are making changes with the intent of limiting their time investment into the packs but still charging the same amount (Less work for the same revenue).

EAware is basically blatantly skimping on the packs via limiting their design and development time (Removal of Bronze) while once again trying to recycle old content (AKA Chance cubes = no design development time required).

To simplify:

The player gets less for their investment.

EAware gets the same revenue for less time and effort.

Say whatever you want but if you are buying these things up you are getting played:eek:

EAware gets the same revenue for less time and effort.

Potentially they'll even gain from it, over time. Less cartel coins will be spent on bronze unlocks since it's not like more of them will appear, and seeing as there's no shortage of people out there who actually buy cartel coins... kaching!

Edited by Pscyon

I actually really liked a lot of bronze decorations....now I get no choice in items. What are they going to have a silver chair? No...so now we just get big fat centerpiece items. That is if they drop...instead they have weapons and mounts that look like bronze quality under the guise of silver. Edited by VixenRawR

• 2 months later...
Additionally, packs will now only contain Silver, Gold, and Platinum rarity items. What this change means is that you will more consistently get new pack items (since one is guaranteed in each pack) and you will have a much greater chance of getting Silver, Gold, and Platinum items than you did previously. Our plan moving forward is that we are not going to be making Bronze quality armor sets, decorations, etc. any longer. Our focus is to ensure the new items in each pack are of the highest quality, giving you greater value for your investment.

Eric Musco, please explain Light Bar: Green and similar decorations that were recently released. Is this in keeping with the promise that you won't be making Bronze quality decorations? Is this a highest quality item? It is very small, simple, non-interactive, and only fits in one type of hook. It is less fancy or detailed than most Bronze items. Am I misunderstanding somehow? What happened?

• 1 month later...

Sorry slight necro here but I have just returned after many months away due to GC which it seems is much improved now.

However this seems incredible and I can barely believe we are back here again.

So packs no longer have bronze items.

Packs now have platinum items.

So in other words what was bronze is now silver, what was silver is now gold, what was gold is now platinum and we have to pay a LOT more CC to unlock everything in our collections?

And this is an improvement?

Eric,

Wouldn't it be better if you make a decorations in a separate pack instead of combining them with the armor packs In this way the ones that want decorations can buy that pack instead of taking a chance with getting armor, because for me there is no armor lately that I really care for and would much prefer the decorations. I am just a little picky on armor and nothing lately I like.

Yes, yes, I know, necro posting...

I think this is a great idea because if I get one more damned emote, I will scream. Also not crazy about the weapons.

A deco pack would be something I'd like especially after obtaining a brand new SH. Maybe à deco/crafting and armor/weapon division?