Server is Down for Maintenance.... Via Twitter

rhonjura

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little absurd there was no in-game notification. Is it that difficult? I would have saved myself an hour and done something else during that time. Now I have to spend another hour redoing. Thanks guys!

It's a little absurd there was no in-game notification. Is it that difficult? I would have saved myself an hour and done something else during that time. Now I have to spend another hour redoing. Thanks guys!

Pretty much sums up how I feel atm. Not to thrilled I have to redo the story flashpoint I was halfway through.

We have now lost a full day of game play due to bad patches and breaks in the game. Can we expect some kind of compensation for this? Why is it always Harbinger that has the issues too?

I would very highly doubt it, Western MMO's are notorious for not giving out compensation for unexpected downtime. If this was BDO or something along the lines then I would say yes.

So....:cool: is there something inherently wrong with this server? :( Seems like its the redheaded stepchild always throwing a tantrum. :confused: All kidding aside, either change the population, or move to different hardware / datacenter this is getting old :rolleyes:

A guildie and I were in the middle of running a heroic 2 Star Fortress when we were just booted out. If there had been any warning what so ever we wouldn't have started it so we could have avoided wasting our time.

I have a feeling they took it down because items were not showing up on email. And those emails where items did not show up were still not showing up after normal email resumed. I lost a bunch of GTN purchases. I hope they are still there.

Harb has been down all day, yet there have been no updates or ETA? ***!!! After f*cking the progression in this game, then trying to walk it all back, you can't keep the game running properly? Hell, not even sure why I bothered to try to log in. All the changes blew up my guild. I suppose we should be happy that we all lasted from Beta, but only a couple of us keep our subs up, and the others can't even be bothered now.

Fix the damn server!

Harb has been down all day, yet there have been no updates or ETA? ***!!! After f*cking the progression in this game, then trying to walk it all back, you can't keep the game running properly? Hell, not even sure why I bothered to try to log in. All the changes blew up my guild. I suppose we should be happy that we all lasted from Beta, but only a couple of us keep our subs up, and the others can't even be bothered now.

Fix the damn server!

It sucks, not trying to defend them but they did a few updates but no eta. http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

1) Do they have an in-game alert they an use to notify people instead of Twitter? I'd appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

2) Items were disappearing from gtn purchases and likely more mail was getting lost, so I can understand why they decided to take the server down asap. It likely was to prevent further glitches from occurring so they can fix it asap rather than having the problem escalate while they scrambled for help.

3) All accounts who suffered lost items or lost mail, should be compensated somehow, IMO. 75 cartel coins would be nice. Then you can afford to actually buy something, or perhaps a command or exp boost. But, I know that means a further loss of money on swtor's end. But I do appreciate that the glitch and issues are being investigated immediately.

4) Some glitches are too be expected in a game like this. As much as you can beta test, or test anything, the actual live load and demand of active use is never quite the same as a test. It's hard and time ($$) consuming to try and remember to test every last scenario before going live. However, I'm only guessing, so I could be wrong.

5) Constant down time when you're a sub does suck. Ughs.

6) Let's just hope they get it back online sometime today (within 24 hours or less).

"We know that there is some concern about whether there will be a rollback"

This would be a big slap in the face. Aside from finally getting some decent drops from my command crates, I've been playing quite a long time today (rarely happens on a good day) so I've finally made some progress.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.