Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

From 5.2.2 tier 1 gear will be available with tokens

Lundorff

For players that have been gone or are gone since the system was put out; can someone explain to me er..them; what that means?

How many tiers of gear are there?

What are the power level differences between them and top level gear and say; the last PvP gear set that was out before they destroyed it?

I've been waiting for them to make some effort to change the course but I am afraid that once they do, I may already be too far gone.

For players that have been gone or are gone since the system was put out; can someone explain to me er..them; what that means?

How many tiers of gear are there?

What are the power level differences between them and top level gear and say; the last PvP gear set that was out before they destroyed it?

I've been waiting for them to make some effort to change the course but I am afraid that once they do, I may already be too far gone.

I think tier 1 gear is level 230 and you will now be bolstered to 238. BiS gear is level 248 and and the difference between the 2, is something like 9-12% overall. It will occationally be felt in regular warzones, but other factors are far more important. For ranked you will need 248 at some point.

Tier 1: 230 (purple)

Tier 2: 236 (gold)

Tier 3: 242 (gold)

Tier 4: 248 (gold)

Unfortunately it is a clusterf*** or gear, as there are also blue, purple and green gear in the packs, and only the correct set gear can be upgraded at a vendor. It has never as confusing as it is now.

Edited by Lundorff

It is definitely good for gearing up a recently leveled toon, it does not do s**t to make you competitive. 230 is 8 rating points below the bolster. so you wont be benefiting from them much. If you dont have at least 240 MH and OH, you stand no change against someone in 248s.

Is it better than nothing? Sure, but this is such a low bar to clear..

This is basically only worth it for alts, since majority of serious pvpers are almost all BiS anyways. This does make alting a tad bit easier, using left over 242 mods/enhances with 230 set bonus gear will make you somewhat competitive.

This update is 5 months too late lol. Why not make Tier 2 require only Command tokens as well, and make UCs legacy-wide? Even with Tier 1 needing only Command Tokens when the patch comes in mid-June, Tier 1 should be taken out of the RNG loot tables from GC and should start at Tier 2.

I only PvP and I don't want to PvE nor should I have to PvE to gear slightly faster. Not to mention that a gear disparity exists now and it's so, so bad. PvP'ers have to grind gear four times over in order to reach the final tier. And then what? The devs will add Tier 5 4 or 5 months later to a Korean gear grindfest? :rolleyes:

This small update is overall comical. I hope the full roadmap will touch on RNG gearing, legacy-wide UCs and a massive increase in UCs from PvP, but I highly doubt any one of those things will be talked about. My sub runs out in July, and I fully intend on not subbing as long as this system exists. This system is absolute garbage.

I think tier 1 gear is level 230 and you will now be bolstered to 238. BiS gear is level 248 and and the difference between the 2, is something like 9-12% overall. It will occationally be felt in regular warzones, but other factors are far more important. For ranked you will need 248 at some point.

Tier 1: 230 (purple)

Tier 2: 236 (gold)

Tier 3: 242 (gold)

Tier 4: 248 (gold)

Unfortunately it is a clusterf*** or gear, as there are also blue, purple and green gear in the packs, and only the correct set gear can be upgraded at a vendor. It has never as confusing as it is now.

Thanks

I think I'll pass

^^

this would fix nearly all gear issues in PvP.

Needs to be 246 as a minimum. 242 is still too low and we will still have BiS players running around globalling people who will never be able to get BiS gear.

As I posted in other similar threads, Im back to doing reg 70 pvp now and have absolutely no issues. My sentinel has: 50% 240s and 50% 246 gear. The 240 can be crafted or bought from GTN so its no problem for anyone who has credits (you can farm heroics).

I havent noticed any situation where i got globalled or anything similar, Im doing ranked in this gear and increased my rating by almost 200 in the past days. The fact that people blame bolster is just a lame excuse for them not wanting to farmt he gear needed.

I hate to break it to you but this is an MMO, which intends to keep people paying by making them grind. If you dont want to grind then this game is just not for you. I mean you have 0 repair costs for PVP, u just click and que, click and enter and now you dont even want to have gear? Go in naked like SM bolster ops? Please.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.