Command boost for pvp not worth the cost

Algaria

I feel like it's clear as day, the command boost for PvP should have been charge based. Buy 10 charges that are used once every game.

What happens right now, with the enormously stupid "fix" - that you can't click away your boost (i mean ***, in what game have this been such a problem?)

You lose out SO much more boost time, and play time, by having to wait out your boost before you can queue.

For example, you have 4 mins left on your boost, but the warzone that MIGHT pop - will take 10 mins ish. So by the time we get the big pay out from the warzone, the boost is off! And oh, you can't use a new one, because CAN'T click the command boosts inside a warzone. .... what??? seriously?

And having a boost on when the queue time can get up to 10 mins between pops, this thing really isn't worth the cartel coins, or the one for command points. It's a big amount, if you play all your alts, -the alts -that the game has been encouraging you to get!

All this stupidity on top of the damn things bugging and ticking away when we're offline is just too much, BW, you have to take care of your pvpers too sometime.

I wish we could make everyone stop buying the boosts in protest. But, as in outside the gameworld, we all have different budgets, and richer players will just keep buying the boosts and voila, we have Pay to Win in this game too.

I was angry about this, about a month ago, now I'm sad, because it is such good pvp, and although we have the same stuff over and over and over, it's still good. I really wish BW would take better care of the pvp community, we really don't need much.

Just play the game and don't worry so mich about the 500 cxp you may miss out on?

I mean ****, if I had to worry about all the things as small as this I wouldve alt-f4'd IRL a long time ago.

Too bad I'm not you :) Sounds chill.

But this bothers me, as I pay for stuff that doesn't work properly, and others with me.

This in itself wont have me stop playing, but it doesn't stop me from having an opinion.

The point is, when you purchase something in the game, be it for Cartel Coins you earn on a monthly basis for being a subscriber, or you purchased them in the Cartel Market, or you even used Command tokens to purchase the darn Command Boosts, you have used currency for a product and said product is not working as it should (keeps ticking down when you are logged out of the game), a pain to use (as mentioned by OP, you can't activate it in a WZ, end up waiting for the last 4-5 minutes to finish ticking, so you can activate a new one, etc.)

Right now, my only grievance is that the Command Boost is Ticking down while I am logged out of the game. Used a fresh new 3 hour command boost, played less than 30 minutes, logged out. Next day, I log in, and it's gone. No update or anything, it just kept ticking down... and this has happened to several of my other characters as well, meaning I have lost a lot of Boost hours that I payed for. Crossing fingers they fix it fast and even compensate for the lost time of the boosts and make it so we can actually use the boosts in WZ's, or as OP said, be granted charges we can de-activate and re-activate.

Agree that it is kinda dumb, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm much more irritated by a lot of things - this one is just kind of "ahh crap, oh well."

Oh, aye, in the grand scheme of things, there are a lot of small irritations, but this post is about the Command Boosts ;)

I could go on about: People in stealth waiting for the ball on the opposing teams line in Huttball (there could be a limited time you can stay there, like an exhaustion timer, where you stat taking damage.)Sorc's and Sages using exploits in Novare coast to cap the bunkers far from the bunker and people using Exploits in general, Operatives using Cloaking Screen 3 times within 4 minutes or less (even with the cool down utility, it's not possible), People speed hacking openly in PvP, yet they have not been banned, despite being reported, the list goes on.

The topic here is: Command boosts, and that they are not working as advertised

Edited by Markag

Agree that it is kinda dumb, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm much more irritated by a lot of things - this one is just kind of "ahh crap, oh well."

In the grand scheme of things? lol, imagine that reply when you go back with a toaster to the store when it doesnt work.

if that's our view, we might as well not have forums. like -I don't think that this is an issue, so you shouldn't either.. ehh?

then yes, i agree as well, in the grand scheme of things, with war, womens rights, cancer in children and ops bosses that bug out and take hours to take down, then my issue is VERY small and shouldnt be adressed.

*sob* i thought us players would stick together. remember, the man? fight the man!!!

the real problem is having CXP to begin with.

^^

Thats what I was getting at. Of all the irritations I have towards CXP this one is kind of "eh, crap" as opposed to the feeling I got from, say, my sixth 242 relic.

Edited by stoopicus