248 pieces extraction cost too high

goryllobumbum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but the extraction cost is very needed.

1) people are complaining about the credit inflation, however this is one clear and simple way for BW to have an easy credit sink. NEEDS TO STAY.

2) 150k credits per piece of gear is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! doing like 4-5 heroics should get you that much, or just doing Czerka.

And I disagree. 50K is stupidly expensive. I am not ever going to be playing SWTOR 7 days a week anymore. Other games are better and have a lot more new content on a much more regular basis. Between repair costs and mods, I am down somewhere over 6 million credits with 5.x. I am playing to raid with my friends and then I go play a game I enjoy playing more. The content I want to play should support that play. It doesn't even come close at this point and hasn't. But I am no longer willing to spend time ding content I don't want to do just to make credits to do the content I do want to do.

And to your point on credit sinks, those hurt the players with less credits WAY more than they do anyone else.

The problem is, games have no real economy. There is no scarcity of resources. There is no limit to the amount of cash n the game. The only way to prevent crazy inflation is to put artificial caps on prices in the artificial economy.

You can earn 50k worth of credits in this game within 15-20 minutes of solo play without even trying--even faster if you're in a 4 person group doing heroics. Complaining about having to put that small amount of effort in is basically complaining about having to play the game at all instead of credits just being handed to you for logging in.

You can earn 50k worth of credits in this game within 15-20 minutes of solo play without even trying--even faster if you're in a 4 person group doing heroics. Complaining about having to put that small amount of effort in is basically complaining about having to play the game at all instead of credits just being handed to you for logging in.

No, it's complaining about having to play the parts of the game I don't want to play, ever again. I am raiding, that's it. If my friends leave, I'm gone, when I run out of credits, I'm gone. If BW totally FUBARS something again, I'm gone. There is one aspect of the game that till interests me. That's it. One. If that activity cant' support itself, then I will run out of credits and be gone. It's pretty simple.

Extraction costs are insane and repair costs are insane and no matter how many fools say it's a needed credit sink, it only hurts the people who don't have the credits and does nothing to really remove credits from the people with mountains of them. That isn't helping the game or it's pretend economy.

For those who don't get it, having unlimited resources and unlimited money means unlimited inflation.

The cost needs to be scaled down. We've had increased costs without any new increased rewards from anything.

We actually have higher rewards from older content than we do from newer content. That makes no sense, either.

The cost needs to be scaled down. We've had increased costs without any new increased rewards from anything.

That point I'll grant you... EAWare has indeed nerfed credit rewards from operations trash and whatnot over the past two years, while increasing the costs for repairs and mod extractions. I agree that doesn't seem fair and should be addressed.

That point I'll grant you... EAWare has indeed nerfed credit rewards from operations trash and whatnot over the past two years, while increasing the costs for repairs and mod extractions. I agree that doesn't seem fair and should be addressed.

I've not noticed any increase in cost for repair or mod extractions, at the same level of gear, over the past two years.

Sure, as a player goes from "38" gear to "230" gear the repair and mod extraction costs go up, but I've not noticed any change in repair costs for "38" or "230" gear over the past two years.

Only way to truly play in pvp as a jugg guard is skank tank....

And that needs an entire mod change on gear....

Also too much useless accuracy on gears....

Ok, just like dual-spec, why keep swapping mods and not just have one set of gear for each? That's what Outfit Designer is for, you have your Legacy gear equipped and then change your look to whatever you want, but if you want to rock different specs or whatever then just have a second set of gear.

If you're swapping out mods every day depending on what part of the game you're playing then you're doing it way wrong.

Yeah that you either grind you *** off or spend irl money to get millions of cred on the market. Wasting your freetime. When you could actualy do the fun part of the game and not focus on this grind. You sound like someone that has too much free time and not values it...

Do you really think everyone defines "fun" in the exact same way? Full of yourself much? Nice insult at the end also.

Mainhand and OH is a good example if you only have one set and need to swap between Merc, Operative, Mando, Scoundrel, and Sage. Be nice if they merge the DPS Force and DPS Tech Generators to give either or power. Then do something about mirror classes so I don't have to rip out the mods every time (example) I go from PT to VG. Just let me use a Blaster pistol for everyone (My trooper is very proficient with one in cutscenes so I don't see why not :D) . :D

It looks like these will be added to the Outfit Designer soon so then that will be everything. And, even if they weren't, why not have a different OH (generator, shield, focus) for each spec instead of swapping out mods constantly? It's not like anyone sees these on your character.

I'm sorry, but the extraction cost is very needed.

1) people are complaining about the credit inflation, however this is one clear and simple way for BW to have an easy credit sink. NEEDS TO STAY.

2) 150k credits per piece of gear is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! doing like 4-5 heroics should get you that much, or just doing Czerka.

Yep, people whine about needing credit sinks in the game all the time... unless it affects them then forget it.

O_o