The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

Fingers crossed that this will not be the case for Vector. If he retains his lines I may take my female agent through.

On an unrelated topic, has anyone ever just jumped around on rooftops in Copero and explored? Today I found a rooftop party, a lovely little patio, and a gorgeous rooftop gazebo that you could get too. I actually forgot to go after any of the objectives. Vector and my agent, Inari, are planning their next vacation on Copero, lol. We need a stronghold there.

Indeed, we can only hope that Vector won't be the broken mess the others are.

I should probably spend more time exploring. It's kind of neat that you found so many interesting things on rooftops that most will never bother to explore. A lovely vacation spot for the IA and her lovebug. :)

As for combat barks, for Corso, Risha and Andronikus, those are gone. They are silent as tombs when running around with us. No Yee-ha, I've had enough, Now you're dumb, ugly and dead, from Corso, NOTHING. Same for Risah and Andronokus. So, I wonder if Vector will be silent as well?

This seemed to happen only for the last returned companions, Quinn sill works, as does Dorne, Jorgan, etc. But not the last companions returned. I wonder what code they deleted and if this will be a continuing thing?

I have combat barks on Andronikos though... yes after SI recruited him from the Alliance Alert. Are they missing from just a specific role or something? the ones I have are his.

Edited by Asmodesu

Indeed, we can only hope that Vector won't be the broken mess the others are.

I should probably spend more time exploring. It's kind of neat that you found so many interesting things on rooftops that most will never bother to explore. A lovely vacation spot for the IA and her lovebug. :)

I highly recommend doing it. It does take patience and a lot of trial and error, but if you can make it up there it's worth checking out. The rooftop party was kind of hilarious. A bunch of neutral faced humans just standing around near an umbrella. You could make a Where's Waldo type of scavenger hunt for these little things.

I'm going to hold out hope for Vector working properly. IF the writing I saw was legit, he has some wonderfully Vector-y lines. Maybe they've identified the issue with Corso, Risha, and Andronikos, and have applied a fix. Big maybe, I know, but I try to be an optimist.

As for combat barks, for Corso, Risha and Andronikus, those are gone. They are silent as tombs when running around with us. No Yee-ha, I've had enough, Now you're dumb, ugly and dead, from Corso, NOTHING. Same for Risah and Andronokus. So, I wonder if Vector will be silent as well?

I have them on Corso and Andronikos after their returns (don'r know about Risha as she's just crafting fodder for me). As I said earlier, I'm sure Corso has some new ones too. I usually fight with them for Heroics and everything is dead before they have chance to say anything :D Maybe that's why you're not hearing them speak during combat? At 70 and geared we're just killing to quickly for companions to get a word in? I'm sure Vector will come back talking his hive talk - it would be criminal for them to take that away as it's so unique (the aura is fierce, sparks burn - they can't remove that)!

I have them on Corso and Andronikos after their returns (don'r know about Risha as she's just crafting fodder for me). As I said earlier, I'm sure Corso has some new ones too. I usually fight with them for Heroics and everything is dead before they have chance to say anything :D Maybe that's why you're not hearing them speak during combat? At 70 and geared we're just killing to quickly for companions to get a word in? I'm sure Vector will come back talking his hive talk - it would be criminal for them to take that away as it's so unique (the aura is fierce, sparks burn - they can't remove that)!

I love his comment about sparks burning, it always makes me giggle. I also love when he says "another enemy defeated, somewhat to our surprise." I really adore his way of speaking and viewing the galaxy. He also has a lovely line when you are on Rishi about warm sun on black sand. I really like that one for some reason. I think it's because I headcanon it to be something he's saying to be romantic.

Edited by DuchessKristania

I love his comment about sparks burning, it always makes me giggle. I also love when he says "another enemy defeated, somewhat to our surprise." I really adore his way of speaking and viewing the galaxy. He also has a lovely line when you are on Rishi about warm sun on black sand. I really like that one for some reason. I think it's because I headcanon it to be something he's saying to be romantic.

Everything he does is romantic and I like to think that even before he was joined he had the same gentle, romantic nature.

It's funny to me that the same person who wrote Vector was also responsible for writing KALIYO

Everything he does is romantic and I like to think that even before he was joined he had the same gentle, romantic nature.

It's funny to me that the same person who wrote Vector was also responsible for writing KALIYO

I tend to believe he was. He does say that he retains more of his individuality than other Joiners. You also see it in his sense of humor. He has a lot of very funny little remarks if people pay attention, his humor is just more dry than others. I like to imagine that Vector reads the Star Wars version of Shakespeare and is very cultured in general, which shows in his courtship methods. How he isn't the hands down favorite romance I will never know, lol. (I'm not biased or anything)

Also, wow, if the writer was able to create Vector as such a beautiful soul and then turn around and create Kaliyo. that person has a lot of talent and range in their writing, lol.

I tend to believe he was. He does say that he retains more of his individuality than other Joiners. You also see it in his sense of humor. He has a lot of very funny little remarks if people pay attention, his humor is just more dry than others. I like to imagine that Vector reads the Star Wars version of Shakespeare and is very cultured in general, which shows in his courtship methods. How he isn't the hands down favorite romance I will never know, lol. (I'm not biased or anything)

Also, wow, if the writer was able to create Vector as such a beautiful soul and then turn around and create Kaliyo. that person has a lot of talent and range in their writing, lol.

I agree with this. Also, I'm surpised to hear that Vector was written by same person as Kaliyo. Not too big fan of her, dislike her character a lot (though not as much as Skadge or Tanno) though she does have funny quips, like the one on Alderaan when Agent meets Baron Cortess :p The writer is good though, bot Kaliyo and especially Vector, are well written companions.

I agree with this. Also, I'm surpised to hear that Vector was written by same person as Kaliyo. Not too big fan of her, dislike her character a lot (though not as much as Skadge or Tanno) though she does have funny quips, like the one on Alderaan when Agent meets Baron Cortess :p The writer is good though, bot Kaliyo and especially Vector, are well written companions.

I don't remember what Kaliyo says there. I know she makes a cameo in the Jedi knight story. If you're playing a female knight Kaliyp makes a comment to Doc that just because the player is a Jedi it doesn't mean he can't catch anything from her. Typical gross Kaliyo. Skadge though, Skadge is the WORST! I absolutely hated talking to him when I was playing the BH story. He replaced Lana as my least favorite companion and exited out of more than one convo when I accidentally got his approval on a comment.

It's the mark of a good story teller to able to create compelling characters who vary differently, which is what makes some class stories so good. I don't have this ability so I stick to writing non-fiction!

I created an operative this time and since I don't really need a healer, I set Vector to damage. I love his fighting animations - they are kind of elegant and really suit his personality. I think he will be returning with the ability to use his staff, so I'm pleased about that. I also wanted this Vector to have armour that reflects his Killik side. I decided on this (Orbalisk Armour).

It's the mark of a good story teller to able to create compelling characters who vary differently, which is what makes some class stories so good. I don't have this ability so I stick to writing non-fiction!

I created an operative this time and since I don't really need a healer, I set Vector to damage. I love his fighting animations - they are kind of elegant and really suit his personality. I think he will be returning with the ability to use his staff, so I'm pleased about that. I also wanted this Vector to have armour that reflects his Killik side. I decided on this (Orbalisk Armour).

I write fantasy novels because I do better when I get to make the world rules, lol. (Obviously, I have an editor and actually check my writing more than I do here.)

I can definitely see the killik influences in that gear. I keep Vector looking like some kind of Victorian nobleman with a long white coat, fitted breeches, and knee-high boots. I enjoy playing up the romantic hero that he is in my mind. I'd take a pic but my computer doesn't always like taking screenshots.

I can definitely see the killik influences in that gear. I keep Vector looking like some kind of Victorian nobleman with a long white coat, fitted breeches, and knee-high boots. I enjoy playing up the romantic hero that he is in my mind. I'd take a pic but my computer doesn't always like taking screenshots.

My first agent's Vector has a long coat outfit too however that one is in black and red. My computer is really temperamental when taking screen shots for swtor. It will only take them from the EU server. I use FRAPs to take screenshots when I'm on Star Forge (or Satele Shan).

My first agent's Vector has a long coat outfit too however that one is in black and red. My computer is really temperamental when taking screen shots for swtor. It will only take them from the EU server. I use FRAPs to take screenshots when I'm on Star Forge (or Satele Shan).

I'm on Star Forge, and I think I have two toons on the EU server because that's actually where I started for some reason that I don't remember, lol. I transferred my main toons to Star Forge once I had a computer that would actually play the game again, created several new ones as well, and sort of forgot the rest of the characters I had on the other server.

Both my agents have Vector in the same coat, though my other agent is a male. He's actually meant to be Theron undercover for the SIS because a I write Theron for a friend of mine when we fanfic/rp outside the game. Thus cypher angent Tharon Zhan was created, and an epic bromance began, lol. So both of my agents exist in the same universe and Vector is one and the same. We have a whole extended head-canon created that spans two generations now. Vector is an adorable daddy in our little world, lol.

Anyone use any of the customization's for Vector, do you think they'll even work? Still annoyed about the Quinn one not working. :rolleyes:

My Vector has different hair. Andronikos, Risha and Corso worked with customisation, so I hope it's going to again. Having that totally destroyed for Malavai (who is my most beloved comp, and the only LI that needed to return, as his wife is the only toon in KOTFE/ET with a vanilla LI), I brace myself for possible disappointment.

Fortunately, it's only hair, not the whole face, so not that much difference.

Anyone use any of the customization's for Vector, do you think they'll even work? Still annoyed about the Quinn one not working. :rolleyes:

I have the customization where he has different hair as well. I don't like the vanilla hair, looks too severe to me. The customization I had on Corso worked when I took my smuggler through.

I don't know. Maybe my character is bugged? I use Corso as tank when I'm doing the weekly planet quests, some stuff dies quick others not so much, but he says absolutely nothing. Neither does Risha, and neither did Andronikus when I ran through on my SI. Either way, I just hope Vector isn't broken. I love his combat commentary.

My Corso customization worked, so, hopefully, they got that all straightened out after the Quinn mess up. I know people were truly upset that they didn't get 'their" hubby back on Iokath.

I don't know. Maybe my character is bugged? I use Corso as tank when I'm doing the weekly planet quests, some stuff dies quick others not so much, but he says absolutely nothing. Neither does Risha, and neither did Andronikus when I ran through on my SI. Either way, I just hope Vector isn't broken. I love his combat commentary.

It's possible - might be worth submitting a bug report or putting in a ticket. My returned companions (the ones I've played) all still say their combat lines.

As for Vector's customisation, I think we're safe as Andronikos and Corso both returned with theirs and other people reported that Risha did too. I'm interested to see what new armour they've given Vector. Some companions have returned in really nice armour.

I've been levelling my third agent to remind myself of the Vector story (and get some videos and screenshots). This time I've gone a darkside route. I've just finished Voss and took Scorpio instead of Vector as I wanted to go the dark-side and not marry Phi-ton (on the previous 2 agents I levelled that far I did). Does anyone know if not marrying Phi-ton changes any of Vector's future responses?

Ok, just ran the Yavin 4 weekly with my Smugg and my SI, and this is what happened:

1. Mouth still doesn't move on any of them when right clicking

2. Andronikus DOES have his battle barks, 'How's that for shooting', 'Nice', 'It's not your time yet'. So, it appears as if Andronikus does work.

3. Both Corso and Risha were MUTE. No battle barks at all. Not one.

So, I'm going to surmise that it may have something to do with the fact that 2 companions returned instead of just one, which might indicate that some code somewhere got deleted to accommodate both returning under the same alert. This does make me fear a bit for Scourge and Kira's return since they said that they will return together. Guess we will see.

If this is indeed the case, then Vector "should" be ok with his battle barks since he is returning solo. I sure hope so, he is my favorite of them all.

Ok, just ran the Yavin 4 weekly with my Smugg and my SI, and this is what happened:

3. Both Corso and Risha were MUTE. No battle barks at all. Not one.

We need to swap Corsos - mine won't shut up since he came back :D I'm convinced he has some new lines I hadn't heard before. As for no mouths moving - this has been reported since companions started to return (is it three years ago now?) and the devs still won't confirm/deny whether this is intended.

One thing they should have done this patch was fix Vector's eyes for the part where he wants privacy for their first night together - just did this and it's still not fixed :mad:

Have lurked a long time and posted a couple times, but that was probably a year ago. My main is an operative. I'm going to be upset if Vector is back on Alderaan. We've had two alliance alerts and a star fortress alert there. So it's possible to have gone to Alderaan three times, yet somehow he didn't pick up on the fact that his agent was alive. The Song of the Universe may not be the Force, but it's close to it, and to me if both of them were on Alderaan, the Song should've been as loud as a rock concert in his head.

I just want my Vector back and tomorrow isn't soon enough. I have my Vector in the Exquisite Formal Armor, because I like him dressed all fancy, so I don't care what new armor he's wearing. I just hope they've updated his weapon for the sake of my other Vectors--that holey stick ain't cutting it, and I keep forgetting to unlock the Cathar war staff that my main Vector uses.

I've been levelling my third agent to remind myself of the Vector story (and get some videos and screenshots). This time I've gone a darkside route. I've just finished Voss and took Scorpio instead of Vector as I wanted to go the dark-side and not marry Phi-ton (on the previous 2 agents I levelled that far I did). Does anyone know if not marrying Phi-ton changes any of Vector's future responses?

No idea, you'll have to let us know. I played a dark agent with Vector with me throughout the story but some of of the dark options were too hard to go through with, with him there watching :o I wanted to, you know,

kill them all,

but I wasn't strong enough to upset him that much lol.

Have lurked a long time and posted a couple times, but that was probably a year ago. My main is an operative. I'm going to be upset if Vector is back on Alderaan. We've had two alliance alerts and a star fortress alert there. So it's possible to have gone to Alderaan three times, yet somehow he didn't pick up on the fact that his agent was alive. The Song of the Universe may not be the Force, but it's close to it, and to me if both of them were on Alderaan, the Song should've been as loud as a rock concert in his head.

I just want my Vector back and tomorrow isn't soon enough. I have my Vector in the Exquisite Formal Armor, because I like him dressed all fancy, so I don't care what new armor he's wearing. I just hope they've updated his weapon for the sake of my other Vectors--that holey stick ain't cutting it, and I keep forgetting to unlock the Cathar war staff that my main Vector uses.

I'm glad I don't have a dedicated "main" agent because I started kotfe without knowing how it would all play out. Losing Vector and getting a (most likely) inferior version back is upsetting enough as it is.

I'll do the reunion tomorrow but then I've got an agent in the works that I'm using to record the story with, and I seriously doubt she's ever going to touch FE.