The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

So, I just watched the bit about Ashara and Vector returning. I didn't feel like they gave Vector less attention than Ashara. Charles said he didn't want to get into what Vector had been up to, but they spoke about how popular he is. I took his not wanting to talk about what Vector was doing, as him not wanting to give anything away about it. If anything, I thought they talked about Vector a little more than Ashara, just not in detail. I still hope they make these comps attainable through the terminal for all classes. I need Vector for EVERYONE! Edited by DuchessKristania

So, I just watched the bit about Ashara and Vector returning. I didn't feel like they gave Vector less attention than Ashara. Charles said he didn't want to get into what Vector had been up to, but they spoke about how liked he is. I took his not wanting to talk about what Vector was doing, as him not wanting to give anything away about it. I still hope they make these comps attainable through the terminal for all classes. I need Vector for EVERYONE!

TBH, I didn't watch the stream because I've had enough of of their self-congratulatory back slapping over the last couple of years to last me a lifetime. I only read Dulfy's notes. So then Dulfy is just perpetuating the dudebro attitude by not fully reporting the livestream and only focusing on Ashara. So i suppose it's good that they're acknowledging that Vector also exists. But I feel it's just not enough. Too little, too late.

I'm angry. So angry that I'm about to actually smoke a cigarette, something I do rarely these days. It's one disappointment after another and the LIPSERVICE they're paying to the Vector fans is still very disappointing. That's not even getting into the Pod People issue he's going to have when he gets tossed to us like breadcrumbs next week.

Edited by AngFour

I'm angry. So angry that I'm about to actually smoke a cigarette, something I do rarely these days. It's one disappointment after another and the LIPSERVICE they're paying to the Vector fans is still very disappointing. That's not even getting into the Pod People issue he's going to have when he gets tossed to us like breadcrumbs next week.

I feel you on the wanting a rare smoke! I've been there lately as well, though not specifically due to the game. I'm going to hold out hope and continue to spam the dev threads with requests for the Pod People to be addressed. I'm also not taking my agent through anything that causes the loss of Vector until that is addressed.

I feel you on the wanting a rare smoke! I've been there lately as well, though not specifically due to the game. I'm going to hold out hope and continue to spam the dev threads with requests for the Pod People to be addressed. I'm also not taking my agent through anything that causes the loss of Vector until that is addressed.

I'm still not sure what people mean by Pod People. Is it that they no longer have animated speech (their mouths don't move)? Didn't they confirm that the models of returned companions are what we're stuck with since they introduced dozens of new companions back in KOTFE? I suspect it was easier not to animate them. To be honest, I never noticed that any of my companions mouths moved before KOTFE until someone mentioned it on the Quinn forum. All of my returned companions still make all of their previous comments. Or are you referring to the bigger problem that since SoR they have been pushed into the background thus becoming Pod People? I'm hoping with 6.0 that they do what they create the story so we can pick who we take through with us; on my agents that would be Vector or Lokin, on my Warriors, Quinn and so on.

As for:

So, I just watched the bit about Ashara and Vector returning. I didn't feel like they gave Vector less attention than Ashara. Charles said he didn't want to get into what Vector had been up to, but they spoke about how popular he is. I took his not wanting to talk about what Vector was doing, as him not wanting to give anything away about it. If anything, I thought they talked about Vector a little more than Ashara, just not in detail. I still hope they make these comps attainable through the terminal for all classes. I need Vector for EVERYONE!

Don't read the following if you don't want to know anything (I don't mention any plot just my thoughts on it).

I already know what happened to Vector. I was not impressed because it is just too obvious and convenient, especially given the complexity of his character, his strength and his growth during the class story that would have permeated through the hive from him. The first thing I thought was "is that all they could come up with"? Some people might be satisfied but unless all these date changes and delays to Vector's return mean there have been huge changes, I will remain disappointed

I'm still not sure what people mean by Pod People. Is it that they no longer have animated speech (their mouths don't move)? Didn't they confirm that the models of returned companions are what we're stuck with since they introduced dozens of new companions back in KOTFE? I suspect it was easier not to animate them. To be honest, I never noticed that any of my companions mouths moved before KOTFE until someone mentioned it on the Quinn forum. All of my returned companions still make all of their previous comments. Or are you referring to the bigger problem that since SoR they have been pushed into the background thus becoming Pod People? I'm hoping with 6.0 that they do what they create the story so we can pick who we take through with us; on my agents that would be Vector or Lokin, on my Warriors, Quinn and so on.

Well, I think it's a combination of all those things.

As to what he's been up to, I've read stuff as well. We'll see if it is what we're presented with or not. I didn't hate what I read, didn't love it either.

I know the old info, and when it was first found I was skeptical as heck, but after seeing Corso, Risha and Andronikos I know it is not as bad as I thought and am looking forward to talking to Vector again. I know it won't be what I wished it was, but it also won't be as bad as I originally thought :D

This may be the first time I haven't felt completely pessimistic in months, now I know a bit more about what type of scene to expect.

Two main things bother me about the "pod people": companions' lips not moving, and them showing up naked when we replay KotFE ch 1 & 2. It makes it really obvious that the new versions aren't their old selves in at least some senses. It always puts a small downer on the hope with which I look forward to a companion's return. :(

I know the old info, and when it was first found I was skeptical as heck, but after seeing Corso, Risha and Andronikos I know it is not as bad as I thought and am looking forward to talking to Vector again. I know it won't be what I wished it was, but it also won't be as bad as I originally thought :D

This may be the first time I haven't felt completely pessimistic in months, now I know a bit more about what type of scene to expect.

If we get what I've seen, I'd say it was better than the Corso/Risha reunion. I could probably deal with his lips not moving when he speaks, but I don't want to lose Vector's ambient and combat lines. If those don't return with him I just won't take my main agent through anything past SoR. I can always roll a new female agent and have her go through. My main though, can't do that to her.

If we get what I've seen, I'd say it was better than the Corso/Risha reunion. I could probably deal with his lips not moving when he speaks, but I don't want to lose Vector's ambient and combat lines. If those don't return with him I just won't take my main agent through anything past SoR. I can always roll a new female agent and have her go through. My main though, can't do that to her.

True, I haven't come across the no barks issue yet, but I haven't checked every single returned companion. Ambient lines haven't for prior to KotFE planets etc but that makes sense to me, since it's the future in-game now, the same lines via location/random remarks running past a landmark. My Andronikos for example doesn't have mouth moving when talking, but that has never bothered me, but has his combat barks as per usual, and his clicking on remarks, are working fine. That's all I care about, so yes I hope the barks are still there for the rest returning. I did wish they would have updated some of the lines to make more sense post Alliance founding but I guess that would be too costly? lol. Combat lines are needed for my entertainment when grinding heroics for credits xD

True, I haven't come across the no barks issue yet, but I haven't checked every single returned companion. Ambient lines haven't for prior to KotFE planets etc but that makes sense to me, since it's the future in-game now, the same lines via location/random remarks running past a landmark.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if you mean the ambient lines haven't disappeared, or that they aren't being said anymore? I have horrible vision, so I can deal with the lips not moving, I can't really see them anyway, but I do enjoy Vector's comments as I run around different planets.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if you mean the ambient lines haven't disappeared, or that they aren't being said anymore? I have horrible vision, so I can deal with the lips not moving, I can't really see them anyway, but I do enjoy Vector's comments as I run around different planets.

I meant I haven't heard any location ambient lines on any returned kotfe+ companions, but that it doesn't bother me personally thanks to the huge time frame skip. But understand that others like hearing them around the place even in the 'future'.

I still have all combat and clicked-on barks from everyone that I could check, except one companion that has an obsession with using Zenith's voice instead for.. healing barks I think? that was a bit of a "please fix!" for me.

Edited by Asmodesu

I meant I haven't heard any location ambient lines on any returned kotfe+ companions, but that it doesn't bother me personally thanks to the huge time frame skip. But understand that others like hearing them around the place even in the 'future'.

You know what would be cool, is if they recorded new ambient barks for post KOTFE/ET with new information about things that happened while you were in carbon, er rather during 'the missing years'. Something like that would be very cool and a neat way to update the game, once people have played through everything. :)

Edit: If anyone likes the idea, I made a suggestion thread. :)http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9555818#post9555818

Edited by Lunafox

You know what would be cool, is if they recorded new ambient barks for post KOTFE/ET with new information about things that happened while you were in carbon, er rather during 'the missing years'. Something like that would be very cool and a neat way to update the game, once people have played through everything. :)

Edit: If anyone likes the idea, I made a suggestion thread. :)http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9555818#post9555818

yeah! that was badly stated in my ramble a couple of posts up too (as in new lines to better match the time passing and events), a good suggestion, it'd be something new and give us a little something extra. It would likely be the easiest way for them to 'show' changes that happened in the 5 years the PC was in carbonite (and the time after with the Alliance). Not as good as actually changing the maps to match a significant change, but would be far better then nothing. This could be best for all companions, which would be a big plus in my book.

I could get behind this as well. I might miss some of the old lines, but I think it would be great to see something like that for the companions. Seriously, it doesn't take an expansion's worth of content, little touches like this would make the companions so much organic and real.

I could get behind this as well. I might miss some of the old lines, but I think it would be great to see something like that for the companions. Seriously, it doesn't take an expansion's worth of content, little touches like this would make the companions so much organic and real.

I wasn't thinking about getting rid of the old lines...they stay in the game...the new lines would kick in after KOTFE/ET is completed because like Asmodesu said, it would make sense after 5 or 6 years to have affected landscapes and if they can't change the actual art, they could make comments about it. It really is quite simple to add little things that would help make the game more fun, the barks would involve getting VAs to do their bit, but they could also write letters and send them to us far more often than they do, and it would feel like our beloved comps are communicating with us.

I'm not that much bothered by not moving mouths. I probably wouldn't notice, if I didn't read about it.

Shame about losing the comments. But I could still live without them.

What I really miss is approval/disapproval in conversations. Not only not yet 50 companions lose one of their ways of gaining influence, but for 50 their reaction help me understand and know them better. Based on those reactions I could imagine private conversations they had with my toons later, when discussing events off screen.

This should be fixed. This is a loss of functionality. An important one, since so much new content is tuned to run with a high-level companion or you die.

Two main things bother me about the "pod people": companions' lips not moving, and them showing up naked when we replay KotFE ch 1 & 2. It makes it really obvious that the new versions aren't their old selves in at least some senses. It always puts a small downer on the hope with which I look forward to a companion's return. :(

Naked and uncustomised, if you happen to use customisations. Naked strangers.

What I really miss is approval/disapproval in conversations. Not only not yet 50 companions lose one of their ways of gaining influence, but for 50 their reaction help me understand and know them better. Based on those reactions I could imagine private conversations they had with my toons later, when discussing events off screen.

This should be fixed. This is a loss of functionality. An important one, since so much new content is tuned to run with a high-level companion or you die.

I also love those little "game remarks" helps me get to know the characters I'm wandering around with.

I still hope they make these comps attainable through the terminal for all classes. I need Vector for EVERYONE!

I'm a hypocrite and selfish when it comes to this subject. Some companions I'm very greedy about. It does bother me that so many people now have Quinn who couldn't care less about or despise him.

But on the other hand I'm disappointed I don't get to meet Vector on my warrior, which was something I was greatly looking forward to when I thought we were getting chapters for everybody.

Maybe my problem is that players get stuck taking companions they don't want with no way to turn them down, other than killing them off. And other beloved comps like Vector are completely out of reach. I promise I'd take good care of him :(:o:D

I still have all combat and clicked-on barks from everyone that I could check, except one companion that has an obsession with using Zenith's voice instead for.. healing barks I think? that was a bit of a "please fix!" for me.

I think a companion only says their area line once, (except Quinn who has that Makeb bug), so if you already heard it you won't hear it again? This probably needs a Dev confirmation.

I'm sure Corso returned with some new lines, however that might be just that I hadn't used him since his disappearance so I might have forgotten his original lines.

I think that predicting doom and gloom only makes people determined not to be satisfied.

No-one is predicting "doom and gloom". All the datamined info for companion returns has so far been accurate, so there is no reason to think this is going to change with any of the others. Nothing could be said about Vector's return in the Livestream because

his entire return sequence would have been given away in one sentence! I'd like to see a much longer return story for him though.

I think that predicting doom and gloom only makes people determined not to be satisfied.

And they have done so well on the previous companions returns (Corso, Andronikus)? Maybe if they had done better in the past people might be more likely to trust them, but based on past experience they have done nothing to deserve our trust in returning our companions.

I'm a hypocrite and selfish when it comes to this subject. Some companions I'm very greedy about. It does bother me that so many people now have Quinn who couldn't care less about or despise him.

But on the other hand I'm disappointed I don't get to meet Vector on my warrior, which was something I was greatly looking forward to when I thought we were getting chapters for everybody.

Maybe my problem is that players get stuck taking companions they don't want with no way to turn them down, other than killing them off. And other beloved comps like Vector are completely out of reach. I promise I'd take good care of him :(:o:D

I think it's the doule standard that bothers me as well. Seeing that the companions were coming back for everyone in KoFE/ET I rolled a smugglar and made her the same character as my agent thinking I could have Vector for her as well and then have that coupleon Pub and Imp. Then they start tossing the returns out like used kleenex and now my Pub version of my main can't have her dear lovebug. Annoying. If they used the terminal to make comps available than people could grab the comps they want and leave the others alone. It's an option that could work for everyone.

As for combat barks, for Corso, Risha and Andronikus, those are gone. They are silent as tombs when running around with us. No Yee-ha, I've had enough, Now you're dumb, ugly and dead, from Corso, NOTHING. Same for Risah and Andronokus. So, I wonder if Vector will be silent as well?

This seemed to happen only for the last returned companions, Quinn sill works, as does Dorne, Jorgan, etc. But not the last companions returned. I wonder what code they deleted and if this will be a continuing thing?

As for combat barks, for Corso, Risha and Andronikus, those are gone. They are silent as tombs when running around with us. No Yee-ha, I've had enough, Now you're dumb, ugly and dead, from Corso, NOTHING. Same for Risah and Andronokus. So, I wonder if Vector will be silent as well?

This seemed to happen only for the last returned companions, Quinn sill works, as does Dorne, Jorgan, etc. But not the last companions returned. I wonder what code they deleted and if this will be a continuing thing?

Fingers crossed that this will not be the case for Vector. If he retains his lines I may take my female agent through.

On an unrelated topic, has anyone ever just jumped around on rooftops in Copero and explored? Today I found a rooftop party, a lovely little patio, and a gorgeous rooftop gazebo that you could get too. I actually forgot to go after any of the objectives. Vector and my agent, Inari, are planning their next vacation on Copero, lol. We need a stronghold there.