Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

Vector is my favorite but I'd love it if in the future all companions old and new get extended stories and interactions with each other. There are SO many awesome characters.

I think a lot of people would like that. It's kind of sad that the game has stopped using the original companions.

I think a lot of people would like that. It's kind of sad that the game has stopped using the original companions.

Not only that, they've removed companion customisation in cut scenes so those of us with a customised Vector (or Vectors) will see him as the default/original in cut scenes when he returns (the same as with Elara Dorne and Malavai Quinn). I stopped doing anything with my agents that romanced Vector because of this. My Vectors will not be the same and any hope of videoing his return has gone.

Edited by Sarova

He's creepy, and I want him to join the great joiners in the sky. He's a weirdo and deserves to be put in front of an Imperial firing squad.

To quote Vector "That's not necessary."

The character is always respectful to the female agent, he never betrays her, he doesn't hit on her in sleazy ways, he has faith that she is capable and competent. The respect and loyalty shown to the agent far outweighs any "creepy" aspects for me. Considering how many organisms exist inside the average human body I'm not going to judge Vector for the bugs.

Edited by DuchessKristania

To quote Vector "That's not necessary."

The character is always respectful to the female agent, he never betrays her, he doesn't hit on her in sleazy ways.

This is exactly my problem, he lost what made him HUMAN. The very thing the Empire cannot bear is the alien agenda and he is a perfect example of it and therefore in the eyes of the Sith - would be less then fortunate.

Edited by Cupcakesforsatan

This is exactly my problem, he lost what made him HUMAN. The very thing the Empire cannot bear is the alien agenda and he is a perfect example of it and therefore in the eyes of the Sith - would be less then fortunate.

So, are you speaking as a Sith then? Like are you just in character? I mean, I get it if it's part of how you rp, but I still don't get why you felt the need to jump in with negativity on a thread meant for positive discussion by people who enjoy the character. This thread just seems like an odd place to put that kind of post. I mean, people here just want to have a pleasant convo about a character they enjoy. Unless you just wanted to stir the pot, which again, I don't really understand, but to each their own.

The character is always respectful to the female agent, he never betrays her, he doesn't hit on her in sleazy ways, he has faith that she is capable and competent. The respect and loyalty shown to the agent far outweighs any "creepy" aspects for me.

This is why Vector is my favorite romance.

There are very few romances that make it abundantly clear that the motive is more than just sex. Vector/Agent, Vette/Warrior, and Trooper/Aric/Elara, Smuggler/Corso. Even Kira/JK (one of my faves) starts out as an act of rebellious fun. Personally, I find the deeper, non-physical focus, is much more satisfying. Vector and Agent does that best!

There are very few romances that make it abundantly clear that the motive is more than just sex. Vector/Agent, Vette/Warrior, and Trooper/Aric/Elara, Smuggler/Corso. Even Kira/JK (one of my faves) starts out as an act of rebellious fun. Personally, I find the deeper, non-physical focus, is much more satisfying. Vector and Agent does that best!

Totally agree that the Vector/Agent romance hits it right on the head. He is so respectful of her, of everyone really, but it doesn't diminish when the romance happens. To me, that's something we need to celebrate and encourage in the game and in the real world.

• 3 weeks later...

UGGGHHH I have never actually replied on the forums before but since my heart so literally belongs to Vector, I couldn't help myself! I must admit when I took my Agent through the expansions, I had no idea I was going to lose him. (I purposely didn't read up on the storyline so as not to spoil them) When that letter came through after I was "thawed" out by Lana...ouch. I literally started crying like a little kid! Not only do I now have Vector as my screensaver (Which I shall defiantly keep up until he is returned to us) but I had to go create a Vector candle to console myself. (And yes I worked super hard to be sure it was the closest to how I imagine his scent to be....ok, ok AND frost and spices because well...how could I not?! ;)

Le sigh, deplorable have I become.

Let everyone have their companions back by all means but this thread's hearts belong to the most sensually scintillating one of them all and I think that is fabulous! :)

Membrosia Ladies? :cool:

About time!

Vetcor is my first choice ever for Romance and female IA is my first character. :)

Please make his return count more than the Quinn's.

I know his role in Iokath still remain to be told, but I can't get out of this feeling that still his return diminishes their romance since it's been first contact from him after all KOTFE, KOTET happening. And now, the Outsider pronounce herself already as something big to whole galaxy at the end of KOTET, this same situation cannot happen again to other dear LIs.

So please make his appearance reasonable, meaningful, caring and lovely (*putting all the good words on it hahah)

PS. For all Devs and writters.

I'm really grateful for all your recent efforts to upgrade and change/fix our game. sending regards

Edited by Mooolkung

About time!

Vetcor is my first choice ever for Romance and female IA is my first character. :)

Please make his return count more than the Quinn's.

I know his role in Iokath still remain to be told, but I can't get out of this feeling that still his return diminishes their romance since it's been first contact from him after all KOTFE, KOTET happening. And now, the Outsider pronounce herself already as something big to whole galaxy at the end of KOTET, this same situation cannot happen again to other dear LIs.

So please make his appearance reasonable, meaningful, caring and lovely (*putting all the good words on it hahah)

PS. For all Devs and writters.

I'm really grateful for all your recent efforts to upgrade and change/fix our game. sending regards

Even though Quinn's reunion was a terrible disappointment, at least they gave him a very good reason for not rushing to the Outlander's side. Dorne's excuse was totally lame though. There are more love interests to return than there are good reasons not to be back. It's a worry for sure. :(

• 1 month later...

Vector is always there for us, looking after us and providing a sound and safe place.

I didn't find the start of his romance creepy, despite all the Killik-things, but what seems to be on it, is that it has brought him peace (even though the joiners lose their own will in time..) just as Daria Thul tells to Empire-side player on Lanthanide mines (a world where every smile may be fake, and someone might be holding a knife behind his or hers back), showing the brutality of Alderaanian politics.

Edited by Rebamcfan

Vector is always there for us, looking after us and providing a sound and safe place.

I didn't find his the start of his romance creepy, despite all the KIllik-things, but what seems to be on it, is that it has brought him peace (even though the joiners lose their own will in time..) just as Daria Thul tells to Empire-side player on Lanthanide mines (a world where every smile may be fake, and someone might be holding a knife behind his or hers back), showing the brutality of Alderaanian politics.

Vector is one of the more brilliant romances in the game. He's fascinating to get to know and to interact with it. It's a shame some can't bet past the buggy part of him. It's worth the effort and he's worth the journey.

Sniffle... Miss you Vector and your sexy voice! Default look for me and IMHO when I saw his normal human eyes I was a bit creeped out. Nope! I like the full black ones best on him!

The message your receive after your rescue in kotfe, if Vector is your love interest:

Subject: The song has gone quiet

We do not know if this will reach you, but we had to try. We have meditated on the destruction of Darth Marr's frigate, replaying the events from all angles, but we cannot find clarity. The Song of the Universe crescended--its vibrations overtook the stars, then... silence. Your aura, normally so bright, dimmed, and the vessel we have made our home grew cold.

Your scent lingers, but your essence slips through our fingers. For the first time since the cave, we are afraid of what the next verse will bring. You have become part of us. We cherish our life together--the experiences we share and the sensations you evoke. We do not now what we will be like without you. W don't want to know.

Please come home.

This made me actually tear up... Come on! Hurry and bring my Op's honey back!

Edited by LadyArdor

I didn't find the start of his romance creepy, despite all the Killik-things.

There is a dark side to this, though. When you first flirt a bit and then end it before the first kiss, all this caring and being there feels more like he doesn't understand the concept of NO. A subtle but constant pushing that made his "Surprise!" moment very very creepy. My agent had to get physical and not in the sense Vector would have liked to.

Edited by Mubrak