Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

Agreed. I don't think it's necessarily fair to anyone, seeing as there will always be at least one person who really, truly wanted one or both of them to return. It's a gimmick, meant to manipulate your emotions for a cheap dramatic plot point that, in the end, has no substance. And truthfully, there's really nothing insulting in the same sort of way as killing off a character people like just to get an emotional response.

It's that same sort of nihilistic storytelling that's invaded almost all other forms of media these days, and it makes me hesitant to actually try enjoying anything.

I started SWTOR with the assurance that none of my companions would ever really die- even if I gained some I didn't care for, I would still rest assured that the ones I did like were there to stay, so I was never afraid to get invested in the story.

With recent expansions threatening to take them away and kill them off if they do happen to return, Bioware is actively achieving the opposite- I'm less invested in the story, I have no inclination to play through their more recent releases, and I don't look forward to what's ahead. Instead I feel a sense of reservation.

These sorts of things are meant to be used sparingly, to make a huge impact- and you should never throw a character's life away for nothing. A main character's death should have meaning, it should have purpose, so that we as the audience don't feel as if it was vapid and empty. And in the past, Star Wars has always done that for me.

But now, I'm not so sure. They seem a lot more willing to cut characters loose, now, regardless of whether they were well-liked or not, and I just can't support that kind of cheap and tasteless writing.

Well said. I hope they see this and take note.

Shameless bump. Vector should never be relegated to page two of the forums.:D

Seconded! I'm still hoping on a sweet reunion. Vector was always one of my favorites and so unique. He is a devoted impereal, but so kind and nice. He really represents the best in the Empire and makes the line between god and evil blur. He is awesome.

I'm not sure how he stays so loyal he's the total opposite of a true Imperial.

Yeah, his loyalty to the Empire probably comes more from seeing the better, more positive parts of the Empire and what its capable of at its absolute best (ex. rebuilding his homeworld) rather than from any agreement with typical Imperial sentiments.

Though I think the agent storyline does a great job of then pointing out the worst aspects of the Empire, especially where Vector is concerned.

Well said. I hope they see this and take note.

Well, not sure I would say that's the case with all media. Could be they kill off companions like some shows have done characters, to make sure the audience knows, they're not doing that standard "Who will die?" storyline and then have it be a one off character we just met.

Ok, so I decided to do all the side/planetary quests on my newest agent. First thing I did - rushed through the main story to get Vector, and then i went back to starting planets.

You all know that dialogue, when you say that you successfully negotiated with a hutt and Vector is quite impressed?

On Nar Shaddaa there's that mission, I think that's the main planetary one, where a hutt diplomat is acting like a real a**hole and you... punch him in the gut. I still can't believe my extremely polite, light-sided lady did that. With Vector standing right there. I dunno, something about that made me laugh so hard! :D Now I can't stop thinking about what he would say about my agents... negotiation methods.

So, I kind of refuse to let this thread die. Even though I have not taken my agent through Kotfe or kotet I want Vector to come back in story. I might run Inari through all of that mess if the return is a good one. I might run her through if the return is mediocre, but I want to know ahead of time whether choices made will result in an instadump when he does come back.

I wonder...

I usually customise my comps, so I checked out other looks for Vector, but to be honest only the original looks good with these eyes. Well, there's one with the same face but different haircut, so I use that one.

http://imgur.com/kOeBh8G

How 'bout ya? Default Vector or customised?

I was about to chime in with "default"... when I got interrupted by, of all things, a bug. To be specific, what appeared to be a flying ant.

Apparently it was a distant relative of the killiks... :p

Vector: We apologize. The fingerlings wished to know what your answer would be.

...um...I killed it...on accident...

Vector: ...

...I'M SO SORRY!

Vector: :(

Fellow lovebugs? Help me out here? D:

Anyway; I like the way default Vector looks. I can't quite reconcile that voice with any other appearance; there are some companions that I can (Kaliyo, Khem Val, Qyzen Fess, Mako), but for most companions I just stick with the default. Those appearances get stuck in my head as "this voice belongs to this character." Same reason why I have a hard time creating duplicates of any class that are the same gender - managed to do it for the male knight (my mom and I play this game together sometimes, so we created a knight to go through his story and all the expansions; I already had a twi'lek knight, but this new guy is a cathar). It just took me a while to get used to it.

I was about to chime in with "default"... when I got interrupted by, of all things, a bug. To be specific, what appeared to be a flying ant.

Apparently it was a distant relative of the killiks... :p

Vector: We apologize. The fingerlings wished to know what your answer would be.

...um...I killed it...on accident...

Vector: ...

...I'M SO SORRY!

Vector: :(

Fellow lovebugs? Help me out here? D:

Anyway; I like the way default Vector looks. I can't quite reconcile that voice with any other appearance; there are some companions that I can (Kaliyo, Khem Val, Qyzen Fess, Mako), but for most companions I just stick with the default. Those appearances get stuck in my head as "this voice belongs to this character." Same reason why I have a hard time creating duplicates of any class that are the same gender - managed to do it for the male knight (my mom and I play this game together sometimes, so we created a knight to go through his story and all the expansions; I already had a twi'lek knight, but this new guy is a cathar). It just took me a while to get used to it.

Same here. Actually the only companions I change are Khem Val, Qyzen Fess and T7-01. Also, when I make characters of the same class and gender they look (almost) exactly alike. Same face, same eye colour, same hair colour ... sometimes I change the hair style. Cause otherwise it just doesn't "feel" right lol. I at least have a different look for each class, though.

Edited to add: Don't feel bad about the bug. Not all bugs are killiks!

Edited by Elessara

I greatly prefer default Vector and it makes me very sad that default Vector can't show skin, other than the covert set they did fix. The Vector customizations can wear skin baring clothes just fine. In three years they haven't bothered to fix this bug (which affects default Scorge too). Nooooo they just keep adding more and more armor he can't wear :mad:

Default Vector <3 :D

I've tried using all of his other customizations in the past, but none of them seemed like Vector. Typically I use a new customization on each character (ex. Vette on one warrior has to look different than my other warrior's Vette; my Jorgans all look different; etc), but Vector and Quinn are my exceptions, I guess. I keep them default.

Thinking about it, I also use the same look for Kaliyo on every agent, but it's not the default.