Does anyone know a way to turn off the Dark vs. Light alerts?

Clarian

As the subject says...has anyone found an option to turn off the Dark vs. Light alerts?

I've never seen Bioware definitively state that there's no option to turn them off, so for all I know there could be one hidden somewhere in the menus.

I've seen people ask about this before, both here and on reddit, but I've never seen anyone say they had found a way to turn them off. Still, it's been a while since 5.0 launched and the alerts were introduced, so I thought I'd ask again (also since my sub is almost done and I won't have a chance to ask here after that).

And I don't mean closing the alerts after they've already popped up - by that time the annoyance has already happened (see below), and clicking something to close them is just another annoyance in itself. I mean an option to block them from popping up in the first place.

If there is a way to turn off the alerts, it would majorly improve my experience of the game. The crown jewel of this game is story, and by 'story' I don't mean just cut-scenes - I mean story as it's delivered in a video game, which includes exploration, battles, reading the codex, etc.

The alerts distract from all of this. They take you out of the story. As alerts, they were designed to divert your attention, and they do. But they do it for something that has absolutely nothing to do with the story. They break the experience. They're intrusive and obnoxious.

I love the story in this game and I'd love to get back to playing (and spending ~$100 a month on CCs)...but not if I can't turn off alerts. If someone has found a way I'm ready to renew my sub, but if not...not.

I like the abilitu to fully customize in the UI editor, but didnt find a way. At a minimum they shouldn't pop up during combat.

I agree, overall they did a great job with the UI customization in this game. And that's exactly what I did the first time I saw a DvL alert - opened the UI editor and tried to find a way to disable them. But, I haven't found one yet...hoping I'll hear from someone who has!

Yep, stop playing.

Heheh, that's been my solution so far! I haven't played since 5.0 hit due to these.

Same with the ridiculous conquest banners that always bug out and never disappear without CTRL+U-ing twice.

Yeah, I'd love to know if there's a way to disable those also. I don't find them as bad as the DvL alerts because they only pop up at a predictable time, and not unexpectedly in the middle of other things that I'm doing. But, I'll certainly use the option to get rid of them if someone knows of one.

Heheh, that's been my solution so far! I haven't played since 5.0 hit due to these.

Yeah, I'd love to know if there's a way to disable those also. I don't find them as bad as the DvL alerts because they only pop up at a predictable time, and not unexpectedly in the middle of other things that I'm doing. But, I'll certainly use the option to get rid of them if someone knows of one.

There is not a way to disable these as of yet. :(