Anyone else not recieving Companions?

Malphicious

Yeah, I kinda wondered why my pub-siding agent didn't get Dorne.

They said that if your character made "certain choices," the new companion wouldn't join you, but my agent is Light V, for crying out loud. What choices could she possibly have objected to?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, didn't get Quinn companion either. I also feel like I got cheated out of a lot of dialogue since not only do I not have him as a summonable companion, he also still "works" for the Empire.

This is extremely disappointing. Like, walk away and never play again disappointing. BW delayed this update a week to fix issues but one of the most fundamental problems made it out? SMH

Well they did answer ticket at least. Said they know of the issue and are waiting to hear back. They ended with, I hope you continue to play the game or something to that effect. Nowhere in the ticket did I stress out or say I was quitting because of it so not sure why that was said. Just almost seemed like they were saying. well it's too late now, you're screwed now. Pretty much like they said in 4.0 when I did not get the imp droid on pub toon. Said then there was nothing they could do at this time but maybe later down the road I could get him. Not gonna progress any others until I see this is fixed. Even if those that bugged are SoL perma. But have not seen anyone address the issue other than saying we know of it.

Well they did answer ticket at least. Said they know of the issue and are waiting to hear back. They ended with, I hope you continue to play the game or something to that effect. Nowhere in the ticket did I stress out or say I was quitting because of it so not sure why that was said. Just almost seemed like they were saying. well it's too late now, you're screwed now. Pretty much like they said in 4.0 when I did not get the imp droid on pub toon. Said then there was nothing they could do at this time but maybe later down the road I could get him. Not gonna progress any others until I see this is fixed. Even if those that bugged are SoL perma. But have not seen anyone address the issue other than saying we know of it.

I know that they can fix this. A bug caused me not to get Shae Visla on my main. They did fix it and relatively fast. In a few weeks. They've probably been getting nasty messages so that was likely why they said hope you continue to play or something like that.

I know that they can fix this. A bug caused me not to get Shae Visla on my main. They did fix it and relatively fast. In a few weeks. They've probably been getting nasty messages so that was likely why they said hope you continue to play or something like that.

Yeah, I know. They'll get it fixed eventually. Was thinking the Droid I don't have is more than likely my fault since I went there and did quest below level because you could quick travel to them. That may be why they can't fix that one. Still though it would be nice to see them address the issue with a date it may be fixed or a work around if they have one. I have no problem starting the story over if they would do that so those that bugged could get their comps. Just sux that at this point I'd rather not try anyone else or do anything on anyone involving story and comp gains outside of alerts. Guess we'll just have to wait and hope it all works out before too long. Just seems this small little daily area was more trouble than it was worth IMO.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The bug that is currently occurring is that if you completed Iokath while you had an active repeatable Chapter, you would be blocked from acquiring the Companion as intended. We have locked down exactly what is causing this issue and it will no longer be possible to occur after 5.2.1 on Tuesday. Although it is future-proofed in 5.2.1, this will not resolve those of you already in this state. We are working on a solution for a future update which will allow you to once again summon them as intended. I will pass on updates on what that fix will be and when to expect it once I know more. In the meantime, this is not an issue that CS has the ability to resolve so if you submitted a ticket, don’t be alarmed if it is closed. We know who you are and will get you fixed, you won’t need to submit a ticket for that.

As a side note, there are some situations where you could finish Iokath and not have Elara or Quinn which is intended:

• If you are a Sith Warrior who acquired Quinn and kill him, he will no longer be able to be summoned (since he is dead).
  • If you are a Trooper who sided with the Republic but you made very dark side choices during KOTFE and KOTET, it is possible that Elara will refuse to join you.

Until Tuesday, ensure that you do not have any active repeatable Chapters before completing story Missions on Iokath to avoid this issue. For those of you who are already in this state and cannot summon Quinn or Elara as intended, we are still working on a fix. In the future your story and your choices are 100% not affected by this bug, it is just preventing you from summoning them at this time. Thanks everyone.

-eric

As a side note, there are some situations where you could finish Iokath and not have Elara or Quinn which is intended:

-eric

You said "choices matter". I guess this proves it.

Is this about how my trooper handled the Aric Jorgan situation?

That decision determines whether my trooper can recruit Elara?

Edited by JediRelentless

Is it working as intended that Elara joined my republic character without any cut scene to show she was joining him. It feels very much like a bug as she is a republic officer and yet she seems to then just join the Eternal Alliance without saying a word or assisting in any way in 5.2.

I'm like 99% sure this is a bug but there is a 1% chance that it may be a testament to the level of quality even after a week delay to ensure a quality release it was just forgotten that she joined up.

You said "choices matter". I guess this proves it.

Is this about how my trooper handled the Aric Jorgan situation?

That decision determines whether my trooper can recruit Elara?

Honestly, if your trooper handled Jorgan's situation in the way you imply, then it's no wonder that Elara doesn't want anything to do with him/her anymore. Shame on you for doing that. As a Dark Lord of the Sith, I would understand it. But as a trooper...

;)

(This makes me want to try Iokath one day with my neutral male trooper who is married to Elara - after playing KotFE dark-sided. Oh, the drama. :p)

Honestly, if your trooper handled Jorgan's situation in the way you imply, then it's no wonder that Elara doesn't want anything to do with him/her anymore. Shame on you for doing that.

He was a soldier who disobeyed a direct order. Shame on Aric Jorgan.

You can't win a war with soldiers who don't follow orders.

If Elara doesn't understand that, screw her.

The disappointing part is having to wait all this time to see her reaction to a decision made so many months ago.

I was able to retrieve her with the Odessen terminal so it's no big deal.

I think I'll do that for all the other class companions too.

I think the BW Austin writers are overrated.

Edited by JediRelentless

I don't think this bug is just effect the two afore mentioned companions. I'm having a problem summoning any companion. The problem seems to happen when you say have any active companion and then travel that requires a loading screen. when you load in the companion is gone. when you open the companion screen it says that companion is summoned showing the sell trash button and when you right click it says dismiss instead of summon. Sometimes you can get around this by summoning a different companion. it will show both companions as having the sell trash icon but then you can right click on the original companion and then summon. Sometimes; however, it doesn't work and I have and to summon multiple companions to get it to work. I have completed the story of Iokath. Ill provide an example below.

Doing dailies with Jaesa (Yes I used the terminal to get her, she is my fav companion). In the middle of dailies a warzone pops. I enter warzone and complete it. I come back to Iokath and the enemies have respawned. Combat ensues but since I don't have a companion and Marauders cant solo anything I die. I respawn and have to summon a different companion to resummons the companion that I had active.

The bug where the companion disappears in the star fortress when going between floors <on elevators> is still happening even after the Ebon Hawk "server maintenance" downtime.

Also, did Iokath on my smuggler <while still in the process of KOTFE>, chose Empire, and got Quinn via my companion list - however, he never had a conversation with my smuggler. Is that intended? I know when my trooper went thru <chose Republic> she had a conversation with Elara - or is it only troopers and warriors that "get" the conversation?

The bug where the companion disappears in the star fortress when going between floors <on elevators> is still happening even after the Ebon Hawk "server maintenance" downtime.

Also, did Iokath on my smuggler <while still in the process of KOTFE>, chose Empire, and got Quinn via my companion list - however, he never had a conversation with my smuggler. Is that intended? I know when my trooper went thru <chose Republic> she had a conversation with Elara - or is it only troopers and warriors that "get" the conversation?

Only Troopers get the conversation, like only Warriors get the conversation with Quinn.

Also I find a future fix for people who already do not have QUinn or Elara unacceptable. You roll out a fix tomorrow for all of us or don't roll out one.

Edited by SebastiaanZ

Hey folks,

The bug that is currently occurring is that if you completed Iokath while you had an active repeatable Chapter, you would be blocked from acquiring the Companion as intended. We have locked down exactly what is causing this issue and it will no longer be possible to occur after 5.2.1 on Tuesday. Although it is future-proofed in 5.2.1, this will not resolve those of you already in this state. We are working on a solution for a future update which will allow you to once again summon them as intended. I will pass on updates on what that fix will be and when to expect it once I know more. In the meantime, this is not an issue that CS has the ability to resolve so if you submitted a ticket, don’t be alarmed if it is closed. We know who you are and will get you fixed, you won’t need to submit a ticket for that.

• If you are a Sith Warrior who acquired Quinn and kill him, he will no longer be able to be summoned (since he is dead).
  • If you are a Trooper who sided with the Republic but you made very dark side choices during KOTFE and KOTET, it is possible that Elara will refuse to join you.

Until Tuesday, ensure that you do not have any active repeatable Chapters before completing story Missions on Iokath to avoid this issue. For those of you who are already in this state and cannot summon Quinn or Elara as intended, we are still working on a fix. In the future your story and your choices are 100% not affected by this bug, it is just preventing you from summoning them at this time. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hi Eric,

I am just looking for clarification. by your explaination, the reason Solstie does not have Quinn is because she had Veteran Mode Chapter 16 open when she completed Iokath on the 1st day? & If I want to complete Iokath on my trooper my options are Abandon/Finish KOTET story before going to Iokath or wait till tomorrow.

Hey folks,

-eric

Well that does explain the bug. I was using Acina and had her chapter open. Kinda figured she had something to do with it and dropped it to clear out mission log and free up comp space. Thanks for the answer and hopefully fix for those who's not done it yet. For me personally, I'd take a mission reset to get it done and just be finished with it. Even at the cost of all rep gain there so far. Maybe add a terminal on Iokath to do that if the wait to fix it for us will be longer than something like that. I just wanna move on already with that toon.

• 1 month later...
So I was told over a month ago that this was "a known issue". It seems that there has been no response from Eric in over a month too. Anyone hear any update on this?

I submitted a ticket a few days ago and they said they're working on it.

patch notes say players who finished iokath who are unable to summon Elara Dorn or Malavai quinn canuse the companion locator termial to retrvie them i go there and use it but i cant get dorne so the patch notes are wrong or mines still broken Edited by GrievousReborn