The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)

"It's time for the Jedi to end"

Huh? Now that's curious.

Made me think Luke is the last Jedi and Ray is not to be trained as one but to be the next generation of force users that use the force. No Dark and Light.

Now I just thought of Ray and Kylo working together to beat Snoke in the final movie.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Really, it made me appreciate Thor: Ragnarok's trailer even more lol. Talk about contra-effect. I mean, I'll go and see both(they don't overlap), but...apart from the epic music it isn't really that good. They tried to repeat what TFA's trailer did MASTERFULLY, but didn't actually understand what that really was lol.

If this really does end in Gray nonsense, they better bring Kyle back! I mean...without seeing more, I'm so, so underwhelmed. Another AT-AT assault(/yawn), another training course of ~30 minutes...my lord! I almost wanna cry for stories like Kyle Katarn's.

I'm now officially afraid that this'll be ESB 2,0 and that they are...going the 40k route of "over the top epic". And if they go Gray, they can also go and add "gr1t". And...no, don't make it so! DON'T!

I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Really, it made me appreciate Thor: Ragnarok's trailer even more lol. Talk about contra-effect. I mean, I'll go and see both(they don't overlap), but...apart from the epic music it isn't really that good. They tried to repeat what TFA's trailer did MASTERFULLY, but didn't actually understand what that really was lol.

If this really does end in Gray nonsense, they better bring Kyle back! I mean...without seeing more, I'm so, so underwhelmed. Another AT-AT assault(/yawn), another training course of ~30 minutes...my lord! I almost wanna cry for stories like Kyle Katarn's.

I'm now officially afraid that this'll be ESB 2,0 and that they are...going the 40k route of "over the top epic". And if they go Gray, they can also go and add "gr1t". And...no, don't make it so! DON'T!

This is a teaser trailer. The official Star Wars YouTube account says Last Jedi Teaser Trailer, usually an actual trailer follows that. I'm expecting the mind-blowing trailer later on.

You are right about the epic music, though. John Williams is back, he kind of let me down, as a classical musician, in TFA, but the music in this trailer is 11/10. Would buy soundtrack.

This is a teaser trailer. The official Star Wars YouTube account says Last Jedi Teaser Trailer, usually an actual trailer follows that. I'm expecting the mind-blowing trailer later on.

You are right about the epic music, though. John Williams is back, he kind of let me down, as a classical musician, in TFA, but the music in this trailer is 11/10. Would buy soundtrack.

Actually, it's the exact same score as in TFA's trailer. heh. Just different pictures if you will.

Ah, yes, I miss those tiny, tiny details. Yes, it is TEASER trailer...actually it's not even that. It's just "teaser". So, I guess more and better stuff is to come around ~August-Septe?

...me and details /meh

"It's Time for the Jedi to End"

I saw what some of you good people have said about that statement.

Let me throw this out at ya. Luke is the last Jedi, but Rey will be the next breed, a New Version of Jedi, that is not a Jedi but a Rebirth. A Rebirth, that evolved from something else, for this new age. Something that does not need much teachings. But can combat New Dangers, from A New Enemy, that controls a New Galactic Order, and which a, New EMPEROR Controls that.

Rey is a new breed that the force is already in her, it just has to be nourished a little. Then the power Awakens like in moments of danger, as she held Kylo at bay with a light saber, with skills she did not know she even had with that saber.

I think the, Jedi is almost extinct. Rey is a new, Rebirth Jedi, Leaving the old Jedi order behind, and she will eventually Lead the, New Rebirth - Jedi Order...............

I AM PROBABLY SOOOOOOO WRONG on this 1. lol :p;):rolleyes::p

I think Luke already tried to bring the Jedi back, saw he failed and now sees Rei as something new, something beyond what the Jedi were.

And ya know what. Maybe it's long past time the jedi evolve to something new.

Ineed which makes me think that EP 9 will be something like: Star Wars Episode IX: A New Beggining.

By the way the trailer shows very little so far. I think we will get answers as to why Rey could use the force almost untrained and who she really is.

Angry Joe was right. At least I think so. Someone should really analyze the audio of the end of the trailer in some kind of an audio edit program. Because if it is what I and him think, it is a masterfully pulled trick. As well as the crushed helmet trick(whose helmet was that again?).

Something tells me there are a LOT of subtle tricks in this teaser...and that it is much more than it appears.

Ofc it's gonna be a ESB reboot otherwise the ANH>> TFA reboot wouldn't make any sense . . .

What's new is what you call the "Grey nonsense", as for me that grey is a welcome break from the cut clear Light and Dark pg 7 nonsense ;)

Edited by t-darko

I think Luke already tried to bring the Jedi back, saw he failed and now sees Rei as something new, something beyond what the Jedi were.

And ya know what. Maybe it's long past time the jedi evolve to something new.

Isn't that the role of the 'chosen one'? to bring balance to the force? How better to achieve that if the jedi and sith seize to be and become balanced guardians themselves. (would also be the end of the franchise though 'Star Wars' without galaxy wide conflicts doesn't seem right) ;)

Made me think Luke is the last Jedi and Ray is not to be trained as one but to be the next generation of force users that use the force. No Dark and Light.

Now I just thought of Ray and Kylo working together to beat Snoke in the final movie.

The title, when translated into other languages, has Jedi as plural, so it can't be just Luke as a Jedi.

Also, it's lame to end the Jedi. Star Wars is about the Jedi!

Isn't that the role of the 'chosen one'? to bring balance to the force? How better to achieve that if the jedi and sith seize to be and become balanced guardians themselves. (would also be the end of the franchise though 'Star Wars' without galaxy wide conflicts doesn't seem right) ;)

Balanced guardians? That would imply force users never become dark or light. Just ho hum individuals. Guardians? They can't be guardians, that is a light side thing. They can't be evil, but surely someone who learns to use the force will wield it for evil :p

I thought the trailer was cool, I like the idea of featuring the grey side of the force and I am kinda wondering if Mace Windu's teachings or ghost spirit will make appearance since Mace used both sides of the force and believed in a balance

The producers stated that the first order will make a move at the beginning. So I am guessing right after the crawl screen the first order attacks the resistance base and that's where we see Poe's Xwing explode. Also I am hoping that Kylo is not getting rid of his cool mask , I like Sith Edge lord!

Also Captain Phasma is suppose to have a really cool spear weapon...maybe we will see that in the next trailer, maybe were in for a Finn Vs Captain Phasma fight

Edited by DraconisXX

The title, when translated into other languages, has Jedi as plural, so it can't be just Luke as a Jedi.

Also, it's lame to end the Jedi. Star Wars is about the Jedi!

Maybe originally it was about the jedi, but now Disney has decided to grow beyond that, and that's a good thing IMHO.

dont read to much into the trailer, its good for what it is, however i do tend to think its just a piece of clever editing for trailer purposes.

i suspect theres nothing about being a grey jedi or a new type of jedi, i think its more like the ending of the trailer is luke telling rey at start of movie the jedi are over and hes the end of the jedi until luke changes his mind and then trains her esb style.

trailers end is movies start how i see it and for a first trailer its good but keep future trailers down on content for the reveal in the cinema

Maybe originally it was about the jedi, but now Disney has decided to grow beyond that, and that's a good thing IMHO.

I think what we see from Disney are characters that aren't really chained to one side or the other when it comes to the force. For example Maz in Force awakens and Chirrut from Rogue One and Maz even says after Rey's force dream "i am no jedi but I know the force". Also some characters in Rebels are also a balance of both sides. So this is a big pretty hint that they are going for a grey order and that Rey and Luke are the last Jedi given the fact that Luke would never train Rey to become a jedi if his intention is to end the Jedi

I was actually at the panel. Daisy Ridley makes a few comments, which taken together with the teaser, and what was said in TFA, suggest why the "Jedi" must end. Granted, we know so little right now, I think at this point, just about any theory is plausible in some way or another. My theory is that Luke tried the old Jedi ways with his initial crop of students that included Ben Solo. When Ben turned away and became Kylo Ren, leader of the Knights of Ren, that's when Luke went searching for the first Jedi temple. We know this already from Han's dialogue when he meets Rey and Finn. Later, when Han is on the resistance base talking with Leia about seeing their son, he mentions how there was too much Vader in Ben. Leia replies that's why I wanted him to go with Luke.

Recall that it was the Jedi Order's ban on attachments, and their constant pushing back against Anakin's attachments, that helped to push Anakin away from the Jedi and right into Palpatine's hands. Also recall that it was Luke's attachment to his father, and Anakin for his son, that ended up redeeming Anakin. I think that Luke tried to help Ben by trying to rid Ben of his attachments, but that only pushed Ben right into the hands of Snoke. There was something missing from Ben's life, something that only his attachments to his family could fill, but Prequel Old Republic Jedi teachings didn't offer him any solace, just as they failed to do so for Anakin. So, my guess is that Luke went searching for Jedi history to try and find out where they went wrong... why he had failed to protect his student in the same way that Obi Wan and Yoda had failed to protect their students.

Again, from the teaser trailer, there is a light and a dark and a balance, but so much more. The Bendu from season 3 of Rebels makes this clear, "I follow the will of the Force." Qui Gon tried to get Yoda to understand this in season 6 of Clone Wars. And, Satele, Marr, and Valkorion try to get the player character to understand this as well in Chapter 12 of KOTFE.

"It's time for the Jedi to end."

I hope that isn't about turning the Jedi, or whomever replaces them, into morally gray antiheroes. Please, no.

I think it depends on whether you believe that to be morally right you have to be attachment-less. If you recall from the Matrix trilogy, the "One" or the "Anomaly" is the variable that balances the machines' equation of human behavior and choices. The Anomaly/One felt a sense of duty/responsibility/love for his fellow humans such that they were willing to sacrifice themselves that Zion would be saved and the cycle would repeat. In Neo's case, his sense of love was particularly strong towards one individual. He still saved Zion, and the machines for that matter, and brought peace to earth, not by blindly sacrificing himself for the good of all as the equation would have needed, but instead going back in to save his lover, and creating a new destiny. I think the same is going to be true for the Jedi and whatever comes after them.

Vader and Sidious are often saying to Luke, "You don't know the power of the Dark Side." Luke asks Yoda point blank if it's stronger to which Yoda replies that it is quicker easier and more seductive. But is Yoda really telling the truth? It is clear that the Dark side is something to be feared, as much as it is to be faced. Yoda confronted his Dark Side in season 6 of TCW and rejected it, but that doesn't mean that passion cannot lead to more power. Yoda, and the Jedi Order, their rejection of the sith code doesn't necessarily invalidate it. Perhaps the secret that Luke found out in his search of Jedi history revealed that the prehistoric force sensitives did something bad, something terrible, and their self-imposed penance was to reject attachments and passions/emotions.