Legacy Surname change option

Xelosu

I'm suffering from the same problem. Firstly I must say that english is not my native language. And when I created the legacy name, I didn't know it would serve as a surname. Besides, there was no information about its serving as a surname. So I created the legacy name the same as my character name. So I sent tickets to customer service to delete the legacy name and I explained this problem affects my pleasure I take from the game. They said I should follow the site and wait. So they didn't delete it and I stopped playing the game because of the customer service's such stupid attitude. This is this game's only first month and they are planning to make money by offering a service that changes legacy names. For god's sake, it's just a stupid name! Every player is trying to explore the game and understand what's what. And when they make a mistake about legacy name or something, bioware says " It's your fault. We can change it but you know what they say. You should give us some money." . I paid lots of money to buy this game and spent days playing it. Bioware should know this they can't compete with other games with such attitudes. We all know this is all about making money.Changing legacy name, transferring characters to other servers, changing characters' professions blah blah blah...But It's premature to do these. They can make the greatest game ever but they can't go any further with these attitudes. They need people playing their game and to do that they need to keep their players warm to the game when the game is in its first months.

Sorry I wrote long but I had to say these. And sorry if my english is bad..

• 3 weeks later...
Customer Support just explained that they are working on integrating the name change into a release .. but they have no idea when that will happen. I for one would pay money to change it. Though, I did tell them not too much .. I'm not a Jedi in RL and I have to pay rent. :p

I'm sure this will be a paid service in the future. Name change, legacy change and server transfers will all be purchasable in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see race changes too, especially as part of the legacy system.

Please dont allow surname changes. Also, make surnames exclusive across all servers so when cross server functionality get's implemented we will know who "Kthxbai Pwnznewbz" is on every server and they will be forced to quit due to being blacklisted by everyone. Edited by xNonphixionx

• 5 months later...
I would actually like to see this option. Don't get me wrong I like my Legacy name, however, I've found another name I would love even more. I wouldn't mind if they charged some credits or stuff for changing.