Can I still kill Quinn if I side with the Republic on Iokath?

Toast_and_Tea

My Sith Warrior is not much of a Sith, he's more light then dark,he let Normen Karr go back to the jedi, befriend a jedi on Belsavis, romanced an alien (Vette), killed a former companion (Broonmark) that was trying to kill a Wookie and never really showed interest in the Empire's affairs, unless it was in his own interests. Since the Iokath storyline gives us a chance to side with the opposite faction, this presents a great opportunity to jump ship (even though he leads he Alliance), However there is still one lose end that needs to be dealt with.

AND THAT IS QUINN MUST DIE!

I don't like the guy, he stabbed me in the back that one time, and he knows too much about me!

I would like to know if it possible to side with the Republic, and still be able to pop that little zit as well.

Edited by Toast_and_Tea
spelling mistake

I wish they had never removed the ability to kill Quinn when he 1st betrays you. It was there in the beta with 3 giant warnings about how you would lose this companion forever and so many people complained that they removed it. With the addition of new companions and overall change to the companion system as a whole, since launch, killing this betrayer isn't as big a deal as it was back in the day.

Darmist

I wish they had never removed the ability to kill Quinn when he 1st betrays you. It was there in the beta with 3 giant warnings about how you would lose this companion forever and so many people complained that they removed it. With the addition of new companions and overall change to the companion system as a whole, since launch, killing this betrayer isn't as big a deal as it was back in the day.

Darmist

I know!

I remember when I made the first incarnation of my Stih Warrior.

She was to be an honorable warrior with one golden rule. She doesn't suffer betrayal.

In her mind, a betrayer is without honor and is killed as punishment.

Like Jack Sparrow said "The deepest level of hell is reserved for betrayers, and mutineers"

What are the odds that the ONE character I gave that belief to ended up with the ONE companion that betrayed you? And to make matters worse..........she couldn't bloody kill him!

Darmist

I wasn't involved in the beta, but when things like this end up being mentioned on the forum I get annoyed with some of the people that were. Don't want to lose your healer? DON'T KILL QUINN! How hard was that to understand?

Instead they had to cry about his completely optional death and Bioware listening to them broke the story in the process, forcing some Sith Warriors to spare Quinn despite mercy being entirely out of character.

The people in beta who complained about dark Jedi not getting the Master title were wrong too.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Pretty sure siding with the Republic will give your character the best position and reason to kill Quinn, since that makes him the guy on the side shooting at you.

Pretty sure, myself, that siding with the Republic is *how* you kill Quinn. Just like siding with the Empire will be how you kill Elara, although in general I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

EDIT: And, of course, if you side with the Alliance, I presume that ends up with both of them dead. Indications are, of course, that we won't be able to do that.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Pretty sure siding with the Republic will give your character the best position and reason to kill Quinn, since that makes him the guy on the side shooting at you.

I didn't think of it like that, I assumed we can only interact with Quinn if we side with the empire, but hopefully it'll work out like that.

I didn't think of it like that, I assumed we can only interact with Quinn if we side with the empire, but hopefully it'll work out like that.

I would assume it would be both. If you're an Empire loyal warrior, but you still hold a grudge against Quinn, then you should get the choice. I mean, otherwise, people are gonna riot.

As clips have already shown you interact with both Elara AND Quinn no matter your side, because they're the 'messengers' there to convince you to back the Empire or Republic. And with how the story goes, Quinn/Elara will probably end up as a mini boss or someone you take prisoner at the end to decide their fate after you win.

I wasn't involved in the beta, but when things like this end up being mentioned on the forum I get annoyed with some of the people that were. Don't want to lose your healer? DON'T KILL QUINN! How hard was that to understand?

Instead they had to cry about his completely optional death and Bioware listening to them broke the story in the process, forcing some Sith Warriors to spare Quinn despite mercy being entirely out of character.

The people in beta who complained about dark Jedi not getting the Master title were wrong too.

It would of been much better if they'd tweaked the dialouge a bit.

Quinn: You can't kill me, my Lord

Warrior: And why not, Traitor!?

Quinn: Because then... you'd have to... Deal with all my fangirls...

Warrior: Get on the ship. Now.

He hee :D

Fan girl #1 *waves a wiggly fingered little wave*

And once we leave the planet and are away from the fan girls, we shove him into the nearest air lock.

These testers were probably the same players who got us Galactic Command because they told BW that the token-based item and gearing system was "too complicated." I mean, at some point, you've got to stop catering to the lowest common denominator when it gets too low...

Edited by Edyn

Take that positive Quinn stuff to the love thread.

:D

Don't worry, I will. I'll go back to the thread of awesomeness. It's where all the cool people are. :p Quinnmancers unite!

Edited by Lunafox

Don't worry, I will. I'll go back to the thread of awesomeness. It's where all the cool people are. :p Quinnmancers unite!

I don't think you can give the 'awesomeness' title to a thread that has to constantly pat itself on the back.

I don't think you can give the 'awesomeness' title to a thread that has to constantly pat itself on the back.

Can confirm.

Only reason that thread is still alive is because people log in daily to post "hey everyone, isn't it wonderful that we all love a character who tried to betray and murder us??"

To each their own though.

Can confirm.

Only reason that thread is still alive is because people log in daily to post "hey everyone, isn't it wonderful that we all love a character who tried to betray and murder us??"

To each their own though.

I do love Quinn's character though...

So Lunafox said it once and now it's "constant" eh?

And yeah we actually like the game, we're excited about upcoming content and we don't "constant" b***h about everything.

To each their own! :rolleyes:

Oh, and we actually like each other. We like talking to each other. That's a hard concept to grasp, I know - liking people.

Edited by grania

So Lunafox said it once and now it's "constant" eh?

Once today.

And yeah we actually like the game, we're excited about upcoming content and we don't "constant" b***h about everything.

This makes me feel like you're responding to an entirely different conversation. I like the game, am excited about said content and have done very little ************ (Might be because I havn't had any hot chocolate this week) and my comment has literally nothing to do with what I said.

Oh, and we actually like each other. We like talking to each other. That's a hard concept to grasp, I know - liking people.

Please, I suggest you refrain from getting so heated in a house made entirely from straw.

Edited by Codedrago

You think everything is about you, lol.

Well, when you are quoting my post solely as well as all your language and structure implying that you're throwing all your straw men in the direction of me, I do feel like you're at least lumping me in with a bunch of other people because others have made my general point in more pissy ways.

Well, when you are quoting my post solely as well as all your language and structure implying that you're throwing all your straw men in the direction of me, I do feel like you're at least lumping me in with a bunch of other people because others have made my general point in more pissy ways.

No, I actually like youI But then you jump on the "attack players who like Quinn" train. Why?!

No, I actually like youI But then you jump on the "attack players who like Quinn" train. Why?!

Again with the strawmen, I never jumped on the ''Attack players who like Quinn'' train, I merely pointed out how I feel it was laughable to rate a thread as high quality when it is simply 90% self-confirmation. That isn't an attack on any players, that's an 'attack' (If you really want to use an aggressive term to make it sound much more aggressive then it really is) on a point I disagree with.

I know that this is the internet, and extremes are common, as well as tone being very easily to misinterpret through typing. But it needs to be learned that there is more then two points to stand on here.

Edited by Codedrago

Darmist

I also enjoyed killing Quinn after he betrayed me. Didn't care that he was the medic on my team. He had to die, and it was... satisfying, to say the least! Best Dark Side points in Beta! :D

Edited by Captain_Zone