So as I was leveling a Shadow

Upirlikhyi

I got to lvl 60 and was able to skip right to KotFE without doing SoR. Now under my shadow/con in legacy there are only two comps showing did I screw up and wont be able to unlock those now to get the extra stuff?

If so no big deal I will just create a new shadow and go slower after I finish this one off. But it will also help with my other remaining 2 classes I have to finish all 8?

I'm not sure what the problem is... you only have two companions? Did you do your class story, or did you level straight to 60 and start Fallen Empire? If so, then you won't be able to go back and get your other companions, as you are locked out of class story content after starting Fallen Empire (or Knights of the Eternal Throne).

I'm not sure what the problem is... you only have two companions? Did you do your class story, or did you level straight to 60 and start Fallen Empire? If so, then you won't be able to go back and get your other companions, as you are locked out of class story content after starting Fallen Empire (or Knights of the Eternal Throne).

I leveled it to 60 and did not do all the companion converstations. I hit 60 during chapter 3 where I was able to skip Mak and Rishi and under the legacy area it only shows the 2 comps I finished.

But you answered my question by explaining the story content. I will just relevel another shadow and do all the comp story lines with that one. And when I level my trooper and BH i will not skip right to Kotfe this time after hitting 60

Thanks

I leveled it to 60 and did not do all the companion converstations. I hit 60 during chapter 3 where I was able to skip Mak and Rishi and under the legacy area it only shows the 2 comps I finished.

But you answered my question by explaining the story content. I will just relevel another shadow and do all the comp story lines with that one. And when I level my trooper and BH i will not skip right to Kotfe this time after hitting 60

Thanks

If you started KotFE, once you finish chapter 9, you can reclaim all of your old companions by using the companion terminal in your base. I don't know if you can finish their companion conversations, though.

Edited by Ratajack

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about opening up the companions in the Legacy window thus allowing you pluses to certain stats and boosting your heroic moment.

You open them up by completing the stories with each companion so if you don't finish them before KotFE, you won't be able to get the legacy unlocks.

This has no bearing on whether or not you get the characters as companions.

If you started KotFE, once you finish chapter 9, you can reclaim all of your old companions by using the companion terminal in your base. I don't know if you can finish their companion conversations, though.

To answer this question, once you start KotFE you can't finish any companions conversations/missions you didn't do.

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about opening up the companions in the Legacy window thus allowing you pluses to certain stats and boosting your heroic moment.

You open them up by completing the stories with each companion so if you don't finish them before KotFE, you won't be able to get the legacy unlocks.

Woops, you're right.

So you only get bonus stats once, not x 8 base classes. They used to be attached to companion types - melee tank, ranged dps, heal, melee dps, ranged tank.

What you do get for additional class companions is added presence and lower cd on heroic moment.

No idea how odessen comps compute into that.

So you only get bonus stats once, not x 8 base classes. They used to be attached to companion types - melee tank, ranged dps, heal, melee dps, ranged tank.
The bonuses still are attached to those roles, even though all companions can now be tank, dps, or heal. Basically whatever companion used to be the healer companion still unlocks the heal bonus, the old ranged tank companion still unlocks the ranged tank bonus, and so on. Along with the stat bonus for your characters, you get the Heroic moment bonuses (shorter cooldown and longer duration) for each companion "role" you unlock.

Completing all 5 companions for all 8 classes will give you a total of +400 Presence (+10 per companion) for every character in your legacy.

And you still need to play all 8 classes completely through their main class story to unlock the "Legendary player" thing on your character select window and get the associated nameplate icon and "flourish" for your character portrait.

Odessen companions don't have any effect on these, only the original story companions.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

The bonuses still are attached to those roles, even though all companions can now be tank, dps, or heal. Basically whatever companion used to be the healer companion still unlocks the heal bonus, the old ranged tank companion still unlocks the ranged tank bonus, and so on. Along with the stat bonus for your characters, you get the Heroic moment bonuses (shorter cooldown and longer duration) for each companion "role" you unlock.

Completing all 5 companions for all 8 classes will give you a total of +400 Presence (+10 per companion) for every character in your legacy.

And you still need to play all 8 classes completely through their main class story to unlock the "Legendary player" thing on your character select window and get the associated nameplate icon and "flourish" for your character portrait.

Odessen companions don't have any effect on these, only the original story companions.

I know all that, was a lengthy write. ;) But it's worth being explained in detail anyway.

"Odessen comps" I meant vanilla comps that you can get back via the special interface on Odessen. I suppose their dialogue is botched if you didn't acquire them by that point. Not sure. I suppose I could test it. I have a DvL shadow I leveled to 70 who only has Qyzen and Cedrax... but that would only show me whether dialogue can still happen or not, because I already have the stats from other shadows. Which is perfect considering this thread's title :D

Edited by BenduKundalini

I know all that, was a lengthy write. ;) But it's worth being explained in detail anyway.

"Odessen comps" I meant vanilla comps that you can get back via the special interface on Odessen. I suppose their dialogue is botched if you didn't acquire them by that point. Not sure. I suppose I could test it. I have a DvL shadow I leveled to 70 who only has Qyzen and Cedrax... but that would only show me whether dialogue can still happen or not, because I already have the stats from other shadows. Which is perfect considering this thread's title :D

Getting them back through the terminal will have no effect on the legacy unlocks and you cannot continue with any conversations. You have to do the full original set of companion conversations to unlock them in legacy. Once you start KotFE you forfeit your chance.

this was exactly what i was talking about. I will just start a new shadow thanks

Getting them back through the terminal will have no effect on the legacy unlocks and you cannot continue with any conversations. You have to do the full original set of companion conversations to unlock them in legacy. Once you start KotFE you forfeit your chance.

Thank you again.