Grand Companion Pack: observations?

Shirvington

Hey, all! What are your feelings on the Grand Companion Pack? Has anyone purchased one yet? There are zero selling on Shadowlands GTN atm, which surprises me as some of the older companions are selling for multimillions.

The text says the box "contains one companion," so I assume that means one license or requisition that can later be posted to GTN. I'm still not seeing any Akk Dogs on the GTN either, so is no one taking a chance on this?

I think these should have come off the bind timer by now, but there are no packs for sale on Ebon Hawk either. I was hoping the companion prices would go down because I might consider buying one if the price came into a reasonable range for me. Are there any differences in the companions other than the fact that a few do tricks and the rest don't? Are some better at certain roles than others?

I actually have a ginx license that I bought when they were cheap but I'm still not sure if I want to keep it or not. These companions seem more like a pain to level than most and they don't do as much as regular companions, so I'm torn as to why they are so popular other than the novelty factor.

I think these should have come off the bind timer by now, but there are no packs for sale on Ebon Hawk either. I was hoping the companion prices would go down because I might consider buying one if the price came into a reasonable range for me. Are there any differences in the companions other than the fact that a few do tricks and the rest don't? Are some better at certain roles than others?

I actually have a ginx license that I bought when they were cheap but I'm still not sure if I want to keep it or not. These companions seem more like a pain to level than most and they don't do as much as regular companions, so I'm torn as to why they are so popular other than the novelty factor.

Well, they are more limited in that you cannot craft with them, and you pretty much must use Maintenance or Delicacy companion gifts to level them up after level 10 or so (you can gimp level from green level one gifts up to level 10, but even that can be tedious). So you need to buy them either from the Jawa Vendors for junk, or you need to buy them off the GTN from others.

As for abilities.. some are pretty good for ranged use, and others are more melee oriented in their skill sets. Not that that makes much difference unless you are using them in tank or dps. For healer mode, it does not really matter all that much.

Personally, I like the Probe droid, the Ginx, the Nexu, and ISO-5R companions. Some, like the Probe Droid, have companion customizations for sale at a vendor in the Bazaar for 10 purple Jawa junk each.

Edited by Andryah

Are Treek or the Wampa available from these packs?

Wampa is, Treek is not. It could be Treek is extremely rare from the pack, however i've found no reports of people actually finding her. But you're better off spending 300 more coins to just buy Treek from the Cartel Market for 2100 coins if you want her that badly anyway, or farm up to Legacy 40 and pay the 1m credits at the Cartel Bazaar legacy robot on the fleet.

Wampa is, Treek is not.

The Tukata companion is also included in this pack, I personally think it's wrong to have direct purchase items dropping in these type of packs (I believe they are still available on cartel market but I have not checked recently).

The Tukata companion is also included in this pack, I personally think it's wrong to have direct purchase items dropping in these type of packs (I believe they are still available on cartel market but I have not checked recently).

I'm pretty sure direct purchase items can be found in Chance cubes too.

Of the 4 Grand Companion Packs I bought, I got the following:

1. K’lor’ slug Soldier

2. Personal Warbot

3. Nexu

4. Akk Dog

So far, I have only learned the K’lor’ slug Soldier. I will likely also learn the Personal Warbot.

The other two I will most likely sell.

They are already unbound, making it possible for me to sell them, but I want to wait until the currently available ones get sold.

When I go to sell them, they will be available on The Harbinger Server.

Bought one got the Nexu - 50M on my server.

Hrm... was stupid enough to buy 2 more in a row and got 2x K’lor’ slug Soldier

Always forget the randomizer in SWTOR is quite broken.

Suggestion switch toons if you want to buy more than one of the same crate on the CM

How much does it cost to unlock these in collections?

Oof, nevermind, just found the answer myself. It's 400CC.

Another question. I see that people are saying the QO-77 droid doesn't make any sounds. Are there any other companions that don't make sounds? I actually like sounds, so I'd be awfully disappointed if I bought one of these only to find out that it didn't make a peep.

Edited by CloudCastle