The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

50 to 70?

MikeFL

Hey there everyone,

I recently returned to the game and spent time getting all of my characters to level 50 and finishing their class stories. While this EXP boost is still going, I also want to get as many of my characters to 70 as possible, so I can then do the Revan/KOTFE/KOTET content and GC stuff at my leisure and not worry about leveling.

I ran my two "mains" (Jedi Guardian on Rep and Sith Marauder on Emp) through Ilum, Makeb, and the Revan Prelude flash points to see both sides of the story, and they both hit 70 before finishing the Revan Prelude. They are now ready to start Rishi and both at 70.

However, for the rest of my characters, what is the quickest way to get them from 50 to 70?

Heroics right now are amazing experience.

Get a group together, preferably 4, but the more, the better. Just spam heroics, and make sure everyone does ALL the bonuses for each heroic. Tatooine is great for this. The amount of EXP you get for the bonus quests is multiplied for each person in the group, so if you run with 4 people, a bonus mission that would have only given you 10000 EXP solo will now give you 40000 EXP. In most cases, the bonuses give more exp than the heroic itself if you run with a group. Fastest leveling yet.

I've only had to level characters from 65 to 70 but have found the fastest way is Oricon (especially if you haven't been there yet). With XP armor and boosts, you can go from 65 to 70 in a little over an hour by finishing all the first time missions and then a few of the dailies. Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Forgive the question, but what is a H2 leveling group? What's the method?

You don't even need a group for these, other then for some extra XP bonus.

Go to the Heroics Missions terminal in the combat section of Fleet, select heroic missions until your mission queue if full.. and then use the quick-travel icon that comes with each mission to quick travel to the mission and run it.

Most of them less then 10 minutes to run solo and will reward heaps of XP during this bonus as well as good credit payouts, random drops, and each completed heroic issues you a choice of two armor boxes (one tank, one DPS/heal) which you can use if you like or vendor the contents. Each box has two random pieces of level appropriate gear.

When you run dry in your mission log, quicktravel back to fleet and pick up some more. There are more then 50 of them available to you at level 50, so you can actually also pick and choose which ones you want to run (there are a few that are tedious and should be skipped in the interest of time).

This guide will help you pick and choose ---->

There is also a simplified (showing average times for each mission to complete) spreadsheet version ---> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vFj3JZkhVoclttpZ9h-OqfZQ4jsLWxmeDbvB-y66fT4/edit#gid=1726759437

Note: beginning at level 60 you get Alliance Crates rather then gear crates.. so save these for later as you can turn them in to the Alliance reps after you complete chapter IX of KoTFE

You can literally go from 50-70 in a matter of hours (as in 4-5) as long as you have H2 missions available, and since most of them reset daily now (used to be weekly) if you do finally run dry before dinging 70 (which I doubt), you can simply rinse and repeat again the next day.

Of course this means completely bypassing your class story arcs if you have not completed them, as well as all the story arcs for each of the expacs.... but you can go back and do them later as long as you do not start KoTFE/KOTET.

Edited by Andryah

I've taken four characters 0-70 since the XP event started. I rolled one Saturday afternoon and she hit 70 last night. Spam solo heroics, CZ-198 and Section X solo dailies, and flashpoints (especially Esseles/BT). There's also a major mission XP jump at Ilum. SoR is good too, but really, just do heroics. Then play the class and planet missions as fillers.

Weirdly, midbies is popping now too, at least on Harby.

The XP event is crazy, I had one character hit 28 while still on Hutta. Saturday I hit 24 on Tython, and on Korriban was even more crazy. My slowest character hit 70 on Alderaan and the fastest by the end of Balmorra. One guy hit 70 on Dromund Kass.

Just checked: /played on the "slow" one, from character creation to L70/GC Rank 10, is just over 18 hours. And that was taking my time, levelling via missions and PvP midbies. If you were focusing on powerleveling, it would not surprise me if you could do 0-70 in 3-5 hrs.

Edited by stoopicus

Here is what you do at level 60:

Do chapter 1 (The Hunt) in story mode and turn in the reward (~1.9m exp).

Do chapter 1 (The Hunt) in story mode and turn in the reward (~1.6m exp).

Now you are level 65.

Do chapter 1 (The Hunt) in story mode and do not turn in the reward.

Do chapter 2 (A Dream of Empire) in story mode and do not turn in the reward.

Do chapter 3 (Outlander) in story and now you turn in all 3 (3 x ~1.6m exp).

It takes about 40 minutes and will take you from 60 to about 69/70. You need to remain at level 65 until you finish chapter 3 (Outlander).

Now you are level 65.

It takes about 40 minutes and will take you from 60 to about 69/70. You need to remain at level 65 until you finish chapter 3 (Outlander).

Thanks for this guide. I was pushed to level 66 because of area discoveries on chapter 3. Did end up at level 69.

Is there a reason for staying at L65 do we get a reduced exp passed that?

Now you are level 65.

With the XP event, boosts, and DvL armor, The Hunt is gave me 2,996,426 xp at level 63 which got me to 65. I then did The Hunt again, saved the reward and then did A Dream of Empire. I then turned in both rewards and hit level 70.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva