Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No more PVP for me, period!

Brother_Wolf_NZ

I am officially announcing that I have quit PVP for good. Why? Because the reason why we lose constantly is not only the Empire Side players pummeling us every single time, but the real major fact that people run around like lemmings with no common sense at all what so ever! They don't read chat, and ignore coming to aid a defensive objective completely for defender point gain and valor increase. This is also the case for the Denova and Alderaan Civil War matches. I would still do unranked warzones of course maybe, but only to get M1-4X / Pirece as Alliance companions; but that's besides the point. The point is that I will NOT do PVP anymore, because it is filled with idiotic lemmings (possibly on both sides) that don't have a life or think that life is just meaningless! So don't bother trying to change my mind or convince me, I am through with PVP forever because it's a waste of time! End of story, goodbye, the end! :mad::rak_04:

I am officially announcing that I have quit PVP for good. Why? Because the reason why we lose constantly is not only the Empire Side players pummeling us every single time, but the real major fact that people run around like lemmings with no common sense at all what so ever! They don't read chat, and ignore coming to aid a defensive objective completely for defender point gain and valor increase. This is also the case for the Denova and Alderaan Civil War matches. I would still do unranked warzones of course maybe, but only to get M1-4X / Pirece as Alliance companions; but that's besides the point. The point is that I will NOT do PVP anymore, because it is filled with idiotic lemmings (possibly on both sides) that don't have a life or think that life is just meaningless! So don't bother trying to change my mind or convince me, I am through with PVP forever because it's a waste of time! End of story, goodbye, the end! :mad::rak_04:

If that's the only reason why you won't do pvp, you can always go in a group and at least then you'll know 4 out of 8 people on your team won't be brain dead.

Make your own group of people you know can play properly. You can probably /friend a small list of people that you approve of in just a few games. Certainly enough to make a team of four.

Get into a PvP guild.

I guess it's easier to just whine and rage on the forums than to make a tiny effort to make your life better.

How about you LEARN how to play your class and stop crying like a baby?

1. get good gear - the greens are ok, as long as u use the right augments

2. study the rotation, without the proper rotation you're dead

3. allocate the skill points properly, you can find the graphic on Dulfy and other sites

4. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE !

i know how u feel, i know that problem too. i dont get why u telling us this......i mean just quit pvp and go on. many ppl out there has the same problem with idiots in pvp who dont know what to do or just trolling. most of the time, some pvpler changed sides, because of this problem, other stay and yeling and some just quit........for me i stay and yell in chat:)

Welcome to my world. I was actually yelled at yesterday for not checking the ops frame and map in a warzone when a node got captured while one of my teammates was defending. Because, that totally wouldnt be detrimental to team performance if everyone stopped combat and looked at the map and scrolled over the teammates indicator to check their health. Heaven forbid the guy / gal would have called out with a simple letter / number. Clearly 1g is more difficult than what i described. :confused:

Welcome to my world. I was actually yelled at yesterday for not checking the ops frame and map in a warzone when a node got captured while one of my teammates was defending. Because, that totally wouldnt be detrimental to team performance if everyone stopped combat and looked at the map and scrolled over the teammates indicator to check their health. Heaven forbid the guy / gal would have called out with a simple letter / number. Clearly 1g is more difficult than what i described. :confused:

well, if u write 1g, they think u sell weed

how stubid is this?

i dont think he need to learn how to play his class. i think u should learn how to read........

Excuse me? I know how to read and i speak English way better than ANY American, so shut up and call "stupid" and " uneducated" that piece of street trash toilet washer Alderaanian companion of yours.

3. allocate the skill points properly, you can find the graphic on Dulfy and other sites

Learning how to play your class is not the point he's raising here. Clearly it's about the people who don't understand the objectives for the warzones and ignore any type of team coordination.

Interestingly, those happen to be the points that you don't even mention...

Currently PvP is a mess. It's never been great in this game but it's a real mess since 5.0. The underlying problem is that BWA left PvP unattended for too long now and so fixing it in a significant way isn't really possible anymore.

What you see now also is that a lot of people only PvP now to get their PvE gear together. It's the only reason I PvP at all, to get those components, but I honestly don't really like PvP in this game so I do it only on one character and to the bare minimum to get my weekly done.

I see the same problem. Usually I see from the first exchange with the opposing team what will happen. If it's pointless I'll just hang in a quiet corner till it's over. No point in prolonging it and well, I only come there for the components, so why delay the inevitable? I mean I do try at first but the moment I see it's pointless I stop to speed up the loss.

Give me components from doing Flash Points or Uprisings and you won't see me in PvP anymore. But until then, it's the best way to get top PvE gear. That's the problem. At least I get the maps and what to do there but I can imagine there are a lot of solo players and pve'ers now coming there just for the components and not for the PvP.

Excuse me? I know how to read and i speak English way better than ANY American, so shut up and call "stupid" and " uneducated" that piece of street trash toilet washer Alderaanian companion of yours.

Reading and comprehension are two very different things. You may have read what the op wrote, but you failed to comprehend it.

He merely posted about how other people fail at warzones. He wasnt referring to himself and his performance.

Read.....and comprehend what you read.

The reason I think PvP warzones are such a mess at the moment is the fault of the failed Galactic Command gearing system. If you don't raid, the only way to get Unassembled Components is to do warzones or galactic starfights. Warzones are way more popular but many of the people who enter do not care about objectives. This is because the Devs have made it much more beneficial to fight. You get way more points/medals fighting than you do capturing &/or defending objectives. Those who hate PvP but have found that's the only way to get components will often be seen standing around doing nothing (as the daily & weekly quests can be completed win or lose). I have frequently seen people hiding in odd places and doing nothing especially in Odessen & have taken screenshots but no-one cares.

The developers need to introduce an automatic inactivity debuff + 30 minute warzone/PvP lockout for anyone slacking, similar to what WoW did. They also need to do more to make capturing and holding objectives count as much as fighting players does, since defending does not award points quickly enough to be as advantageous as fighting.

I agree that the best thing is to get a group (who can speak/plan on Skype) and at least make an effort to actually try and win, but this is all dependent on whether you want random people or rl friends (I will only group with real life friends as random people tend to be arseholes), however getting online together is rare so I have to face the hell.

Know that feeling bro. When I call, and no one comming from my team, i automatically leave match. Waste of time to get 2 or 3 components

Learning how to play your class is not the point he's raising here. Clearly it's about the people who don't understand the objectives for the warzones and ignore any type of team coordination.

Interestingly, those happen to be the points that you don't even mention...

Currently PvP is a mess. It's never been great in this game but it's a real mess since 5.0. The underlying problem is that BWA left PvP unattended for too long now and so fixing it in a significant way isn't really possible anymore.

What you see now also is that a lot of people only PvP now to get their PvE gear together. It's the only reason I PvP at all, to get those components, but I honestly don't really like PvP in this game so I do it only on one character and to the bare minimum to get my weekly done.

I see the same problem. Usually I see from the first exchange with the opposing team what will happen. If it's pointless I'll just hang in a quiet corner till it's over. No point in prolonging it and well, I only come there for the components, so why delay the inevitable? I mean I do try at first but the moment I see it's pointless I stop to speed up the loss.

Give me components from doing Flash Points or Uprisings and you won't see me in PvP anymore. But until then, it's the best way to get top PvE gear. That's the problem. At least I get the maps and what to do there but I can imagine there are a lot of solo players and pve'ers now coming there just for the components and not for the PvP.

The components were supposed to be pvp specific in the first place. It was a way for pvp players to get their gear without having to pve. You can pve without pvping and still get the unassembled pieces, but you need to do ops. I do think they should have unassembled pieces drop in HM flashpoints and in Master mode chapters. But not under any circumstances should the best gear in the gam drop in normal flashpoints or uprisings.

The components were supposed to be pvp specific in the first place. It was a way for pvp players to get their gear without having to pve. You can pve without pvping and still get the unassembled pieces, but you need to do ops. I do think they should have unassembled pieces drop in HM flashpoints and in Master mode chapters. But not under any circumstances should the best gear in the gam drop in normal flashpoints or uprisings.

I don't think you need to defend their failure to design a decent gearing system.

Clearly it's MUCH easier to get top gear from using components even when LOSING warzones than to actually beat PvE content that drops this level of gear. So welcome to PvP warzones being filled to a good part with people who don't care about PvP.

All I'm saying is that by making 242 gear and soon 248 gear a matter of time played rather than beating a challenge all kinds of people who don't really care about PvP will go to warzones. This is what the complaint is about. There are a lot of people their now that just come from the components. Trust me, people want to gear up and will use the easiest path. That's PvP now at least for that max tier. This problem didn't exist in 4.0 because then PvP and PvE gear made a difference. So you wouldn't do warzones to get NiM gear. Now people do and the people who take PvP more seriously get the short end of the stick. That's the reality. I've never liked PvP gear to begin with but by making it all the same, they didn't improve matters...on the contrary.

I mean how can you explain that losing in warzones is an easier way to get top gear than doing NiM operations? Considering that NiM bosses are a lot harder to kill and the hardcore players aside it takes a lot of wiping to kill those bosses, it takes a long time to get that gear that way, even if all bosses drop gear again (you have to share it with 8 people in the end). So how is that even remotely balanced? So of course people will PvP to improve their gear so they can take that gear to the NiM ops. But they will be idiots or afk or whatever in the warzones because they don't actually care about the matches themselves.

That's how it works and it works that way because BWA designed it that way. There is no intelligence in that design.

Sorry. That's how I feel about it.

I don't think you need to defend their failure to design a decent gearing system.

Clearly it's MUCH easier to get top gear from using components even when LOSING warzones than to actually beat PvE content that drops this level of gear. So welcome to PvP warzones being filled to a good part with people who don't care about PvP.

All I'm saying is that by making 242 gear and soon 248 gear a matter of time played rather than beating a challenge all kinds of people who don't really care about PvP will go to warzones. This is what the complaint is about. There are a lot of people their now that just come from the components. Trust me, people want to gear up and will use the easiest path. That's PvP now at least for that max tier. This problem didn't exist in 4.0 because then PvP and PvE gear made a difference. So you wouldn't do warzones to get NiM gear. Now people do and the people who take PvP more seriously get the short end of the stick. That's the reality. I've never liked PvP gear to begin with but by making it all the same, they didn't improve matters...on the contrary.

I mean how can you explain that losing in warzones is an easier way to get top gear than doing NiM operations? Considering that NiM bosses are a lot harder to kill and the hardcore players aside it takes a lot of wiping to kill those bosses, it takes a long time to get that gear that way, even if all bosses drop gear again (you have to share it with 8 people in the end). So how is that even remotely balanced? So of course people will PvP to improve their gear so they can take that gear to the NiM ops. But they will be idiots or afk or whatever in the warzones because they don't actually care about the matches themselves.

That's how it works and it works that way because BWA designed it that way. There is no intelligence in that design.

Sorry. That's how I feel about it.

I am not defending it at all, I am just saying what it was meant to be originally. I HATE GC RNG nonsense. It is the worst gearing system I have ever experienced.... And I agree. Getting rid of PVP gear was the biggest blunder I have ever seen in a game. It served its purpose very well.

Edited by mmmbuddah

Couldn't disagree more. Now is the only time you can walk in with any gear and have an impact on the combat. Prior to that it was about EXPERTISE and if you dared go in with PVE or RECRUIT gear you would be throttled and wouldn't even make a dent in your enemy. Now you can utilize galactic command and get the better gear thru a variety of tasks which is a huge first. Someone who only does heroics can accumulate the better gear to jump in and participate in PVP now. That is HUGE!

But alas this thread is about faction imbalance and lets face it the Imperial side is stronger probably rooted in more interesting class stories which bond players to their toons.

OP - Harbinger has some unbeatable Republic PVP'ers who run premades in unranked on a daily basis. Other servers once had these stronger pub players but they have vanished as their respective server populations dried up.

The Skinny: Want to win as a Pub? Spend 90cc ( around 1 dollar) and move your character to Harbinger. There you will find the active pub fleet you once knew back in the day.

I am officially announcing that I have quit PVP for good. ...

.... I would still do unranked warzones of course maybe, but only to get M1-4X / Pirece as Alliance companions; but that's besides the point. ....

... The point is that I will NOT do PVP anymore, ...

... I am through with PVP forever because it's a waste of time! ...

... I would still do unranked warzones of course maybe ...

You are not going to win every match with random groupfinder groups. Especially when pre-mades are allowed and with the current mercenary/commando issue.

A case for not reading chat is this: There are always few who spend the entire match criticizeing other's performance in chat. (Tell them they should guard usually shuts them up.)

I would also say that once you start to get aggravated with PVP you should stop for the day. However with 5.0's end gearing system there is not much of a choice.

Edited by jimmorrisson

^ How idiotic.

In any case, I avoid playing republic side wz on Jedi Cov and Harb. Some times it might be less worse at certain times of day. Also try joining a pvp guild or run with groups, like people suggested.

Before I quit PvP rep side on Jedi Cov, I advised everyone to just play imp side. That's sound too.

There is a reason why almost all warzone matches are imp versus imp. All smart pubs stopped queueing long ago due to the 5.0 caused huge gear imbalance. Pubs will never catch up now without drastic action or making all warzones mixed faction. Otherwise 6.0 will be the next time to play pubs at max level pvp.

Poster child for forum ignore feature movement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.