After KOTOR I and II, what’s the order of story content connected to Revan and the Ex

TheKnightHawk

I just got done completing KOTOR again (first time in over a decade) and KOTOR II (second time ever, first time with the restored content). Now I’m looking to go through all the content in SWTOR related to Revan, the Exile, and their companions. I’ve already completed SWTOR’s stories (some of them many times over) but I’d like to see it all again with KOTOR I and II fresh in my mind.

Does anyone have a guide they can link me to with the KOTOR-related content in SWTOR and the order to complete it in for the rough chronological order?

I remember there are a few flashpoints, the HK quest, the Shadow of Revan, and maybe Fallen Empire since

the end of KOTOR II seems to suggest, in retrospect, that the “Empire” Revan has gone off to deal with isn’t related to the Imp side in SWTOR but rather the Eternal Empire that the emperor’s set up beyond the outer rim.

Thanks for the help.

Revan had nothing to do with the Eternal Empire. The Sith Empire ended up being what Kreia was talking about.

The Revan and Exile content in Swtor would be:

The Republic Flashpoints - Taral V and then Maelstrom Prison. That should be followed by the Imperial Flashpoints - Boarding Party and The Foundry. They are each part of a questline for their respective faction that gives you a little more content between missions, I think.

The Jedi Knight's fifth companion, Lord Scourge, eventually has companion conversations that talk about what happened with Revan and the Exile.

Jedi Consulars briefly interact with a holocron of Bastila Shan during their class story on Coruscant, and then again later.

Then the Forged Alliances + Shadow of Revan concludes Revan's story. Rise of the Emperor follows that and sort of completes the story, but by then Revan is gone from it.

There is also a Republic planetary quest on Corella to reactivate the memorial holostatues for Revan and his crew.

There's a handful of other easter eggs and references, such as the Smuggler delivering the preserved head of Darth Bandon or hearing about the Holocron of Darth Nihilus, or the Bounty Hunter tracking down the last surviving Mandalorian who heeded Canderous' old warning and refused to fight for the Sith, but nothing as significant as the others.

Edited by OldVengeance

Revan had nothing to do with the Eternal Empire. The Sith Empire ended up being what Kreia was talking about..

No? Hm. Maybe I misunderstood some of it. Vitiate supposedly became a bodiless entity thanks to his battle with Revan... and that's the entity Revan claims he is keeping in check (or at least mellowing out) when he gets freed from Maelstrom. I kind of imagined that Revan's influence was what made Vitiate/Valkorion settle down and raise a family on Zakuul. Maybe I'm just projecting ideas, though.

The Revan and Exile content in Swtor would be:

The Republic Flashpoints - Taral V and then Maelstrom Prison. That should be followed by the Imperial Flashpoints - Boarding Party and The Foundry. They are each part of a questline for their respective faction that gives you a little more content between missions, I think.

The Jedi Knight's fifth companion, Lord Scourge, eventually has companion conversations that talks about what happened with Revan and the Exile.

Jedi Consulars briefly interact with a holocron of Bastila Shan during their class story on Coruscant, and then again later.

Then the Forged Alliances + Shadow of Revan concludes Revan's story. Rise of the Emperor follows sort of completes the story, but by then Revan is gone from it.

There is also a Republic planetary quest on Corella to reactivate the memorial holostatues for Revan and his crew.

There's a handful of other easter eggs and references, such as the Smuggler delivering the preserved head of Darth Bandon or hearing about the Holocron of Darth Nihilus, or the Bounty Hunter tracking down the last surviving Mandalorian who heeded Canderous' old warning and refused to fight for the Sith, but nothing as significant as the others.

Thanks for the guide. This is exactly what I was looking for.

No? Hm. Maybe I misunderstood some of it. Vitiate supposedly became a bodiless entity thanks to his battle with Revan... and that's the entity Revan claims he is keeping in check (or at least mellowing out) when he gets freed from Maelstrom. I kind of imagined that Revan's influence was what made Vitiate/Valkorion settle down and raise a family on Zakuul. Maybe I'm just projecting ideas, though.

Nah, Revan ultimately failed, the republic wasn't prepared to the empire's return, and there wasn't much of a battle with the emperor. Revan was just annoying enough that Vitiate kept him as a plaything for 300 years. Revan believes he influenced the emperor into being a good little Sith who left the republic alone, meanwhile the Emperor plotted his assault on the republic, planned his ascension to godhood, took over some warlord on a nice little backwater empire, and made Zakuul great again.

What happens with the Emperor after Revan was freed is told in the Warrior and Knight stories:

- Darth Baras tricks the Emperor into a host body that is bound to a crypt on Voss by Sel Makor.

- The Warrior frees the Emperor by killing that host body, allowing the Emperor to move into a new body

- The Knight kills the new body, leaving the Emperor weakened in incorporeal state, retreated to Yavin 4, and not (yet) able to enter a new body after having done so that often in such a short time.

- Then Revan Reborn tries to force the emperor into a new body to kill him once and for all. The deaths he causes give the emperor enough power to move freely again.

- The Emperor eats Ziost and while absorbing the essence of all those people comes to the realisation that being the immortal ruler of an empty galaxy may not be that great after all, so he moves over to his old pet project on Zakuul

Edited by Mubrak

What happens with the Emperor after Revan was freed is told in the Warrior and Knight stories:

I may have to go back and play through as a Warrior and Knight again, as I barely remember any of this. This might partly be because I dislike playing melee characters and those are the two classes with no real ranged combat options, so I likely rushed through them.

Thanks for the refresher.

Unfortunately, Bioware never really properly explained Vitiate. They never explained how Vitiate and Valkorion could be the same person. They never explained how, when or why his personality, powers and goals changed. They never even explained what Valkorion's agenda was at the beginning of Fallen Empire. And even before the Valkorion retcon, I never really understood what Revan supposedly accomplished by being bound to the Emperor. He claims that he was keeping him in check and tempering his hatred, but there are no examples of either of those things ever being shown. And Revan did exactly what the Emperor wanted him to once he escaped to the Foundry and then again in Shadow of Revan, so really he appears to be portrayed as an utter clueless failure.

I guess turning him into Valkorion and causing him to go to Zakuul to found the Eternal Empire is as good of an explanation as any, but there's no reference to that being the reason anywhere.

Edited by OldVengeance

Unfortunately, Bioware never really properly explained Vitiate. They never explained how Vitiate and Valkorion could be the same person. They never explained how, when or why his personality, powers and goals changed. They never even explained what Valkorion's agenda was at the beginning of Fallen Empire. And even before the Valkorion retcon, I never really understood what Revan supposedly accomplished by being bound to the Emperor. He claims that he was keeping him in check and tempering his hatred, but there are no examples of either of those things ever being shown. And Revan did exactly what the Emperor wanted him to once he escaped to the Foundry and then again in Shadow of Revan, so really he appears to be portrayed as an utter clueless failure.

I guess turning him into Valkorion and causing him to go to Zakuul to found the Eternal Empire is as good of an explanation as any, but there's no reference to that being the reason anywhere.

That's okay. I usually have a pretty good headcanon going to fill in the information gaps and inconsistencies. :jawa_smile:

After the success that is KOTOR story-telling, this is what saddened me. Taking an iconic hero and making him a bumbling but powerful idiot who doesn't even know he has been a failure for 300 years. The books that came out telling the story before the game are to blame IMO.

Revan

Deceived

Fatal Alliance

I like the thought that Revan cooled down the Emperor enough to go to Zakuul and play family for a while. It would explain something for which I see absolutely no reason and indication. It has bothered me all along that Vitiate suddenly got a family. Even as an "experience", it doesn't make sense to me. If I imagine that it was Revan who was maybe projecting thoughts of his own family on Vitiate, that actually works for me.

I also like the idea that Vitiate realised while "eating" Ziost, that there is not much point to be an immortal ruler of an empty galaxy. Is that mentioned in some source?

Both these ideas fill some plot-holes in my head-cannon, thanks for mentioning them.

One thing Revan says (after he is freed?) is that it was him who made Vitiate sign the Peace Treaty of Coruscant instead of pressing forward. I therefore don't think that Revan is a complete failure. He did achieve some things. And eventually, without Revan, the Outlander would have not been able to finish Valkorion once and for all.

One thing Revan says (after he is freed?) is that it was him who made Vitiate sign the Peace Treaty of Coruscant instead of pressing forward. I therefore don't think that Revan is a complete failure. He did achieve some things. And eventually, without Revan, the Outlander would have not been able to finish Valkorion once and for all.

That's the part that made no sense to me. The Emperor never actually gave up his goal of devouring all life in the galaxy, so how does Revan's influence mean anything? And why would that cause him to sign the peace treaty anyway?

And what relevance did Revan have to defeating Valkorion?

• 2 months later...

I think it was the book or somewhere in-game (both the more I think about it), but Revan even getting remotely close to killing the Emperor made him super paranoid so he delayed and plotted for 300 years (with Revan and the Exile also feeding the Emperor temperance since he was linked to them) instead of invading immediately as planned when the Republic wasn't ready.

tl;dr Revans actions considerably delayed the Emperors invasion of the Republic, resulting in the Republic being prepared when the Sith invaded again, hence why Revan wasn't a failure :)

As far as companions go, I ran into a subtle one in the Bounty Hunter story. At the end of Chapter 2:

When you go to Nar Shadaa and find that all the previous Grand Champions have been killed, there's a minor boss battle against a Miralukan Jedi. I forget her first name (It's Adeline or something else that begins with A and has a lot of syllables) but her last name is Marr. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that she's not supposed to be related to Darth Marr. I was rather surprised that she wasn't more important, since usually in Star Wars, when you see a last name you recognize, you should pay attention.

It's not much, but it's something. Oh, and on Republic Taris, there are a bunch of sidequests that deal with what Revan did there. Hope this helps.

I think it was the book or somewhere in-game (both the more I think about it), but Revan even getting remotely close to killing the Emperor made him super paranoid so he delayed and plotted for 300 years (with Revan and the Exile also feeding the Emperor temperance since he was linked to them) instead of invading immediately as planned when the Republic wasn't ready.

tl;dr Revans actions considerably delayed the Emperors invasion of the Republic, resulting in the Republic being prepared when the Sith invaded again, hence why Revan wasn't a failure :)

But Revan also accelerated the Emperor's planned invasion ahead 300 years by waging the Jedi Civil War. Delaying the invasion for centuries only put it back on it's original schedule.

Any as I said, feeding the Emperor temperance doesn't really make much sense based on what the game shows us. He never gave up his evil plan, so what exactly changed about him?

Edited by OldVengeance

Revan was a more aggressive member of the jedi order when he was young, his friend Alek joined him on a quest to stop the Sith as they were rampaging through the republic while the jedi just sat and debated getting involved. Revan had enough of the debating, he and his friend and a few other jedi went to confront the sith, but ended up grabbing the attention of the emperor, Tenebrae. During the disapperance of Revan and Alek, they fought the Neo Crusaders and the sith, but Revan and Alek fell under the spell of the darkside and were manipulated by the emperor into doing his bidding, offering lordship and forces in destroying the republic, it's around this time a mandalorian leader was slain by revan and his mask taken and imbued with dark side force power.

Revan was defeated by his friend Alek who was renamed Darth Malak when he saw the chance to become the leader of the sith forces. If it wasn't Bastila Shan who subdued Revan, force wiped his mind and got him away from the sith, he would of died then and there. It's also where a force bond was created between the two. Obviously Revan was transported to the Endar spire over Taris and Kotor 1 happened.

After Kotor 1, Revan went in search of the exile and the Sith Emperor, Meetra Surik cut herself off from the force because she was involved in the conflict with Revan and Alek and a disaster happened that was a consequence of her being cut off from the force at Malachor V, after that she was exiled because she diobeyed the jedi order and it's masters. it took 10 years for her to resurface because of Atris who is holding no illusions for her distate of the exile, by betraying her presence to the sith which is what caused the whole incident at the Peragus mining facility when Surik was injured and taken to a kolto tank for healing on the station, from there Kotor 2 happened. this was just a little after the events with the starforge.

after kotor 2, Meetra went looking for Revan but instead found Bastila Shan because t3-m4 was insistent on it. Meetra found Scourge in a recording with the half destroyed Ebon hawk and Revan on Nathema, she went out searching for Revan but she found out that Vitiate was the one behind the whole thing with Revan, Malak, Nathema and the sith's new found power. She made apact with Scourge and rescued Revan from Scourge's sith master. Scourge had a vision of events that have yet to pass in the force, but he went ahed with the jedi to try kill the emperor while on Dromund Kaas which at the time was unknown to the Republic.

Ultimately Meetra's inability to kill both the sith emperor and revan at the same time by instead deflecting revans lightsaber from killing him because of Vitate's strength in the force is what made scourge realise that these jedi are not apart of his vision and he murdered Meetra on the spot in order to keep the ruse he is loyal to his emperor.

Revan on the other hand was once again imprisoned and this time it lasted a lot longer than 3 years, over that time the dread masters became a tool of Vitate's power through the Phobis device which linked them altogether in a sort of battle mediation that didn't inspire troops to do better like Bastila's did, but rather spewed out pure dark side forces that would amke a man feel as if he was on fire. they tried to pull the information revan had gotten over his time out of his mind, but half of him was already focused on the force and the other half was going crazy from the torture for centuries, meanwhile in all that Revan still found a way to hold back the emperors mind domination on Revan and temporarily get Vitate to think of peace.

it's around this time Vitate had voices and plans in the works, including that at Zakuul. By the end of SoR on SWTOR, revan had returned to his previous form but ended up being pushed back into the force once more by an imperial strike team, this is likely where the two halves of revan diverged, the dark side of revan returned to the form of revan again while the light side of revan became one with the force, this ultimately lead to revan's spirit being ut back together after the final fight with the dark side of revan.

Revan knew that there are bigger threats on the horizon, some how he knew and warned you of it. He mentioned dark times are coming and darker times to come still before he disappeared.

Revan was a more aggressive member of the jedi order when he was young, his friend Alek joined him on a quest to stop the Sith as they were rampaging through the republic while the jedi just sat and debated getting involved. Revan had enough of the debating, he and his friend and a few other jedi went to confront the sith, but ended up grabbing the attention of the emperor, Tenebrae. During the disapperance of Revan and Alek, they fought the Neo Crusaders and the sith, but Revan and Alek fell under the spell of the darkside and were manipulated by the emperor into doing his bidding, offering lordship and forces in destroying the republic, it's around this time a mandalorian leader was slain by revan and his mask taken and imbued with dark side force power.

This seems out of order. I thought the Revanchist and Alek (who I believe was his apprentice) left to search for the Sith after they defeated the Mandalorians. So, the timeline is something like this:

-Great Hyperspace War - Naga Sadow defeated, Republic presumes true Sith to have been wiped out.

-We take a fair bit of time out after this.

-Great Sith War - Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma - these two boil down to Sith Wannabes.

-Then we have another break of a few centuries.

-Mandalorian Wars - The Revanchist and Alek go rogue to fight the Mandos. After the war ends, they leave for dark space.

-Revan and Malak find the Empire, and are converted to Sith (which means they technically are legit Sith).

-Jedi Civil War - Revan and Malak return, Revan gets dragged back to the light kicking and screaming, Malak is defeated.

-Sith Civil War/Dark Wars - The Triumvirate rises out of Revan and Malak's power structure (making them sort of second-hand Sith) and is defeated.

-Then we take another couple centuries off.

-Great Galactic War - The original Sith from the Great Hyperspace War return in full force, so to speak. After this, we have the Cold War, which lasts for eleven years up through the beginning of SWTOR, which takes us into the Galactic War and then to the Zakuul War.

I double-checked Wookieepedia to make sure I had this right. I only looked quickly, so I may have messed up some of the timing, but this should be accurate.

But Revan also accelerated the Emperor's planned invasion ahead 300 years by waging the Jedi Civil War. Delaying the invasion for centuries only put it back on it's original schedule.

Any as I said, feeding the Emperor temperance doesn't really make much sense based on what the game shows us. He never gave up his evil plan, so what exactly changed about him?

How does it not make sense? As I said it is both outright stated, both in book and game. And the Emperor never had a strict plan to invade 300 years in the future when he found Revan. He saw Revan, got him and Malak to invade, KOTOR 1 happens, republic saved then Revan novel happens and the Emperor who was going to invade while the Republic was weak, doesn't invade.

Well the Republic wasn't specifically prepared for an invasion when the Sith attacked. The Sith Empire caught them completely by surprise. And the history vid about the Jedi Civil War does say that Revan's invasion of the Republic accelerated the Sith Empire's plans by centuries.

And assuming that Revan's influence was why the Emperor didn't attack earlier, doesn't that sort of boil down to making him even more patient and cautious? You could argue that just made him more formidable because he'd be even harder to kill or to prepare for.

Edited by OldVengeance

This seems out of order. I thought the Revanchist and Alek (who I believe was his apprentice) left to search for the Sith after they defeated the Mandalorians. So, the timeline is something like this:

-Great Hyperspace War - Naga Sadow defeated, Republic presumes true Sith to have been wiped out.

-We take a fair bit of time out after this.

-Great Sith War - Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma - these two boil down to Sith Wannabes.

-Then we have another break of a few centuries.

-Mandalorian Wars - The Revanchist and Alek go rogue to fight the Mandos. After the war ends, they leave for dark space.

-Revan and Malak find the Empire, and are converted to Sith (which means they technically are legit Sith).

-Jedi Civil War - Revan and Malak return, Revan gets dragged back to the light kicking and screaming, Malak is defeated.

-Sith Civil War/Dark Wars - The Triumvirate rises out of Revan and Malak's power structure (making them sort of second-hand Sith) and is defeated.

-Then we take another couple centuries off.

-Great Galactic War - The original Sith from the Great Hyperspace War return in full force, so to speak. After this, we have the Cold War, which lasts for eleven years up through the beginning of SWTOR, which takes us into the Galactic War and then to the Zakuul War.

I double-checked Wookieepedia to make sure I had this right. I only looked quickly, so I may have messed up some of the timing, but this should be accurate.

does it really matter? they ended up fighting the neo crusaders and ended up becoming sith which is the point.

Minor point of contention but, Exar Kun and Ulic Quel Droma were not Sith wannabes. Exar Kun was first instructed in the ways of the Dark Side by the spirit of Freedon Nadd and declared Dark Lord of the Sith by the spirit of Vitiate's own master, Marka Ragnos.

Well the Republic wasn't specifically prepared for an invasion when the Sith attacked. The Sith Empire caught them completely by surprise. And the history vid about the Jedi Civil War does say that Revan's invasion of the Republic accelerated the Sith Empire's plans by centuries.

And assuming that Revan's influence was why the Emperor didn't attack earlier, doesn't that sort of boil down to making him even more patient and cautious? You could argue that just made him more formidable because he'd be even harder to kill or to prepare for.

While the Republic wasn't prepared for an invasion, it was prospering as opposed to being extremely vulnerable/weak (thanks to certain lovable sith lords) at the time Vitiate was going to invade which Revan delayed