The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What Bioware team is working on SWTOR?

TheRandomWolf

We all know that BioWare was once this amazing company... that start flourishing with the release of KOTOR and then exploded spontaneously when it gave birth to the Mass Effect trilogy. The Mass Effect is still one of my favourite trilogies, even though its ending was massacred by EA games. But as Andromeda is almost out... and the fact that the game isn't looking so good; I decided to look up on employee reviews, some changes, people who worked and stopped working in general. Turns out things aren't looking so good. I'm not really good when it comes to things like these. I'm not too familiar with how these companies work, how their systems function and especially how a MMORPG works behind-the-scenes.I'm aware that BioWare has several teams that are assigned to work on different projects and some located on completely different establishments.

I'm really curious regarding this matter and the team behind SWTOR. As the community says, this game has been going downhill because of its endgame system. The story is still incredibly, but it's obviously meant for the Jedi Knight class. In the end what I would like to know is what kind of team is working behind SWTOR, how much control EA has over this game, what changes have happened to said team and when LucasArts was dissolved, who left and who showed up and their eventual impact.

I remember a similar thread in regards of Guild Wars 2. One of the employees who worked on the game for so long was the person to blame for the large disappointment that was the first expansion and things started to look up good again once he quit the company.

If you really don't know anything regarding this, simply state your opinion regarding your feelings behind the companies and what-not.

Playing ME:A trial right now and not sure what to tell you but it is good. No game is perfect and any issues it does have are minor at best. Plus can be fixed. I know, it is the cool thing to hate on it :rolleyes:

The Austin studio is in charge of SWTOR.