Tribute Paid to Zakuul?

Temprienne

So in KOTFE Chapter 4, The Gravestone, Lana mentions that the Republic and Empire are both being forced to pay tribute to Zakuul, mainly in resources. When asked about the tribute, Lana notes that no one seems to have asked/answered why Zakuul needs so many resources.

I've played through KOTFE/KOTET twice already as both a Sith and a Jedi but was there a reason given for what Arcann was using the tribute for? I can't seem to remember and am too lazy to play through the entirety for just one answer :)

Don't think it was ever explained; but Lana says it "stops economic potential [of the subjugated worlds]" or something like that. I guess Zakuul doesn't need these resources but they need to deprive the Core Worlds of them to make sure they can't rebel, hence the tribute.

I just assumed that was what we stole back from the Guilded Star.

Those were precious metals. What Zakuul took in tribute were raw materials. I think somebody may have mentioned it as a joke here once, but after I hearing that, I almost suspect there was going to be a plot about a Zakuulan Death Star or something that got cut.

Edited by OldVengeance

Don't think it was ever explained; but Lana says it "stops economic potential [of the subjugated worlds]" or something like that. I guess Zakuul doesn't need these resources but they need to deprive the Core Worlds of them to make sure they can't rebel, hence the tribute.

That was my understanding of it, too.

And the flash screen for the Profit and Plunder mission clearly states that the Gilded Star's wealth is, at least in part, to the tribute gained from the subjugated worlds.

If you haven't played it yet, or if you have and don't remember it, this is what it says:

The galaxy suffers. The Eternal Empire conquers and plunders countless words, adding to Zakuul's vast wealth.

The Alliance has learned that the bulk of this stolen fortune sits aboard a massive floating treasury called the GILDED STAR -- the greatest collection of wealth in known space

On Odessed, [CHARNAME] plots a daring heist against impossible odds to raid the Gilded Star and strike a serious blow to the Eternal Empire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.