Been back 3 days, and no one is geared, that is crazy.

SVTCarnage

I mean gearing in 5.2 won't be very difficult thanks to hm ev and kp. If you just pvp, save up the mats and get crafted 240s, there are alot of crafters who will make these mods for just the purple/blue mats. Gearing to a reasonable level only seems overly grindy if you got too used to 3.3-4.x era gearing

Other games offer more content though, the lack of content being released for this game is reason enough NOT to have it be this grindy.

Depends on your perspective. For a new player, this game has a staggering amount of content. For an old player, not so much...then again, an old player of ESO or GW2, for instance, will feel the same way you do, about those games.

Edited by Vember

I'm relatively new so i still have a lot of content i haven't done. For those of you that have already donde most, if not all several times, having to grind just so you can do again the exact same thing must look like a really bad joke that never ends.

Exactly. If there was a lot more content, like there is in Asian MMOs, then the grind would be warranted and even acceptable. But at the rate BW releases content. No. Just not acceptable.

Depends on your perspective. For a new player, this game has a staggering amount of content. For an old player, not so much...then again, an old player of ESO or GW2, for instance, will feel the same way you do, about those games.

Um. No. ESO offers a TON of content 3-4 times a year. And MASSIVE expansions every year and a half or so, that introduce entire land masses and 20 hours of content or more. And, they are even offering a new class come june. Which is pretty much when I will be leaving this game again because the amount of content they release just puts BW to shame. There is a reason they got best mmo twice in a row, and best business model. The ONLY reason I am not playing right now is because I dont like the classes they offer atm. And with the new nature magic class coming in June, I will be all over that game for an unknown amount of time.

Edited by mmmbuddah

Um. No. ESO offers a TON of content 3-4 times a year. And MASSIVE expansions every year and a half or so, that introduce entire land masses and 20 hours of content or more. And, they are even offering a new class come june. Which is pretty much when I will be leaving this game again because the amount of content they release just puts BW to shame. There is a reason they got best mmo twice in a row, and best business model. The ONLY reason I am not playing right now is because I dont like the classes they offer atm. And with the new nature magic class coming in June, I will be all over that game for an unknown amount of time.

Well sure, I'm interested in that Druid too, and i'll be playing it, but before last expac I was out of stuff to do in ESO. Same thing you're experiencing here. I couldn't even do warzones/scenarios/battlegrounds in that game, so it was even worse.

That's not to say SWTOR doesn't need a big expansion, they most definitely do.

Edited by Vember

I mean gearing in 5.2 won't be very difficult thanks to hm ev and kp. If you just pvp, save up the mats and get crafted 240s, there are alot of crafters who will make these mods for just the purple/blue mats. Gearing to a reasonable level only seems overly grindy if you got too used to 3.3-4.x era gearing

But crafted 240s dont come with the bonus now, do they....

Also:

1. Pvping should be the fastest way to get gear for PvP, both tier 1, 2 and 3.

2. Buying 240s is quite expensive, saving up that cash from mats would still force you to pvp at disadvantage for quite some time before you have a set of no-bonus 240's and still will be at disadvantage.

Edited by Twin

But crafted 240s dont come with the bonus now, do they....

Also:

1. Pvping should be the fastest way to get gear for PvP, both tier 1, 2 and 3.

2. Buying 240s is quite expensive, saving up that cash from mats would still force you to pvp at disadvantage for quite some time before you have a set of no-bonus 240's and still will be at disadvantage.

Armorings are a very minor stat increase, 208-230 setbonuses are fine. And the most important 240 pieces, the relics and hilt/barrel/offhand armoring can be acquired through like a day or two of playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.