Heroic: Mutations - upping the spawnrates

KitKatDave

So this is a request concering the mission ''Mutations'', a Heroic 2+ on the Republic side of Taris. The heroic itself is very straightforward; kill 5 irradiated rakghouls and you're done.

The problem is the mission area holds only 6 of these rakghouls, spread across 5 groups of mobs. Taris is a fairly quick planet to complete when running heroics, and thus a good amount of players come here.

Pretty much every time i come to this heroic there are 2 or more other players hunting for the same rakghouls, resulting on all of us constantly waiting for the mobs to respawn.

Today i spend +- 45 minutes on the Taris heroics (there are 6 total), 15 of those was wasted on waiting for the iraddiated rakghouls to respawn.

Now this is a very mild problem, it does not cause any glitches or stop mission progress altogether, but it's just such an annoyance to continously having to wait at this mission.

Besides that one could argue that grouping up with the people present is a solution, and to that i say; that doesn't always work. I have grouped up with some people in the mission area at times, but there are always people neglecting the invite, or one of the people already progressed a bit into the mission, meaning they have to re-do some untill the other groupmates are done as well, and so on and so on.

My request is simple, either decrease the respawntime, or take out some of the other mobs and replace them with the irradiated rakghouls. Either of these solutions will have a positive effect on the players experience in this mission area, as there will be less need to constantly wait on respawns.

Thank you for reading my request, and i hope you'll consider the possibilities. :)

Seeing how Bioware can easily solve this issue among for example Possessed Hunter on DK, with a "phase wall throwing in added mobs with bumped up difficulty. This "Phasing" can be applied to all enclosed heroic areas and to some open areas. Not everyone wants to group up for better and faster odds of completion, but merely grind the cxp and get off the planet/s as fast as it took them to load in the spaceport.

That'll teach ya not to group up.

That's a rude thing to say. I avoid doing Republic Taris heroics because of this quest. I'm not the OP but I've sent out group invites and had them ignored or declined and yes I've sent out whispers asking to group (and not just thrown out blind invites) and had them ignored. And I do join groups when others invite me first. So simply saying "well just group up durrrr" isn't a solution.

Seeing how Bioware can easily solve this issue among for example Possessed Hunter on DK, with a "phase wall throwing in added mobs with bumped up difficulty. This "Phasing" can be applied to all enclosed heroic areas and to some open areas. Not everyone wants to group up for better and faster odds of completion, but merely grind the cxp and get off the planet/s as fast as it took them to load in the spaceport.

This particular heroic might be a difficult to instance as there is already an instance portal for another heroic inside the heroic area.

or one of the people already progressed a bit into the mission, meaning they have to re-do some untill the other groupmates are done as well, and so on and so on.

They wouldn't have to redo them. You can still group up even if you have done a couple of them and when they get what they need they can always leave group.

I have done that before so unless they have changed it even those already working on it can group up.

This particular heroic might be a difficult to instance as there is already an instance portal for another heroic inside the heroic area.

Not necessarily. The one instance you refer to is in the right corridor. Just make the second one in the left corridor. Leave the entrance room open world. Then make sure that there are 5 of those beasts in the instance to the left. There is space for that. Problem solved.