My offer of spice.

lilithfae

Many will disagree with this...

Generally people will not post or review unless they have a complaint - and that holds very true on these forums. Just about every other thread is a complaint from an individual who sees something wrong with the game. Even I am not innocent in this. However, I find a lot of the doomsday predictions to be ridiculous. I just want to point out a few things:

1) They released an entire expansion only a few months ago. It has not yet made it to the half year mark and people are complaining about lack of new content. Something we are getting in April. So, I ask, exactly how fast do you want content to be released?

2) Whether you like it or not, their methods are in attempt to keep a steady flow of players on. I hate the CXP grind too. There is just no way my alts are going to be geared, and my main is still not fully geared (and I play a few hours everyday). Getting the gear gives me something to do, it also got me involved in some ops. The majority of people I see complaining are not really willing to stick their arm out and group up with people to get the gear. I will remind people that this is not a solo game (get a console then). What are you going to do once you are fully geared? Part of the fun is being in the group and taking the challenge.

3) The general hypocrisy. On one hand you have people complaining about the server not being populated, while on the other you have the same people complaining when the DEVs put something out to ammend that. In other cases you have people who want everything to be solo-able, and then people get mad that it is 'not really an MMO' anymore.

There are things about the game that upset me too. However, I am not going to project these ideas in a way that suggest the game will end in the next month because of it. If they took a dump on you tomorrow, it would not surprise me. They are working with little positive feedback. And if you do have a complaint, kinder words work than threatening subscription (which LOL, we know you are not doing that, you are still here) plans or attacking any other player who comes here with something positive to say.

I recognize trolls be trolls in some cases, but some of you really need to take a Xanax or hit the pipe. Free spice anyone?

Don't ask the first one. Some People think they should get a full xpac every month with ops every month. Others mean no new content = no content that they want.

Both fall into the category of habitual complainers. There's no reasoning with them. They will argue that all new content is just recycling old stuff. They will argue that new content in April is recycled because it involves old companions that we should not have lost. Seriously. There is no reasoning with them.

Edited by americanaussie

Don't ask the first one. Some People think they should get a full xpac every month with ops every month. Others mean no new content = no content that they want.

Both fall into the category of habitual complainers. There's no reasoning with them. They will argue that all new content is just recycling old stuff. They will argue that new content in April is recycled because it involves old companions that we should never lost. Seriously. There is no reasoning with them.

If I could like this or vote it up I would.

Both fall into the category of habitual complainers. There's no reasoning with them. They will argue that all new content is just recycling old stuff. They will argue that new content in April is recycled because it involves old companions that we should not have lost. Seriously. There is no reasoning with them.

^^ Nailed it. :)

You can post coherent contrasting opinion to leave a record of divergent view points so other readers do not simply drink the sour KoolAid the habitual complainers are pedaling, but you will in no way change their viewpoints as they are wrapped in heavily armored fixed viewpoints. What is hilarious is some of these people pay to complain.

Edited by Andryah

I get really bored with all the CXP and Server Pop threads. I do understand the value in expressing your displeasure at something, but so often they just end up being the same 4 people rehashing the same arguments over and over and over again in a new thread every day. I don't even open 80% of threads. If you find some new piece of information or a new way of thinking about it, for sure, post your revelation, but do a quick search before hand. please. >.>

I know the math behind the cxp grind sucks, but reading thread after thread of someone's terrible napkin math sucks even harder. Let's try to be more creative with our threads :D

1) They released an entire expansion only a few months ago. It has not yet made it to the half year mark and people are complaining about lack of new content. Something we are getting in April. So, I ask, exactly how fast do you want content to be released?

2) What are you going to do once you are fully geared? Part of the fun is being in the group and taking the challenge.

3) On one hand you have people complaining about the server not being populated, while on the other you have the same people complaining when the DEVs put something out to ammend that.

1) More a matter of what than how fast.

In the last "XPack" there was none new WZ nor OP, hence the issue.

Also the story while not bad wasn't focused on classes but averaged to fit all classes

Then the Uprizing gets old very fast.

2) The issue again does not lies in the time it takles but more getting duplicates and not being able to choose in which order we get the pieces. Which makes the process frustrating. Then once geared people will play WZ on the same foot and also will now be able to run the harder content.

3) Specifics plz?

To me players, but the solo players, would very much see server merge

Edited by Deewe

I know the math behind the cxp grind sucks, but reading thread after thread of someone's terrible napkin math sucks even harder. Let's try to be more creative with our threads :D

Hopefully I was creative enough :p

Still totally agree, it's been rebated to death so much that you can't even say anymore if it's a horse corpse of a mix of Jello and Pudding.

Look at what other MMOs consider an expansion, and then look at KOTFE and KOTET. Calling either KOTFE and KOTET an expansion is mind boggling. Most of the players who want actual content are willing to purchase it at 60 bucks a pop, in addition to their sub fees. Instead though, we get a Valkorian soap opera.

They're not expansions. The flow of content from Bioware Austin is completely anemic.

Most mmo expansions get new continents. SWTOR expansions give you a "planet" which consists of a tiny playing area. Most mmo expansions give you new multiple raids. SWTOR hasn't had a new raid released in years.

People were done with KOTET in a single day. If they want to complain about the lack of content, they are more justified about that then you are complaining about them. Most don't complain though. They unsub and move on to a more fully supported game. The people complaining are the people who truly want it fixed. They're the ones who actually care about the game.

"Entire Expansion". Just wow. Utter cognitive failure.

Look at what other MMOs consider an expansion, and then look at KOTFE and KOTET. Calling either KOTFE and KOTET an expansion is mind boggling. Most of the players who want actual content are willing to purchase it at 60 bucks a pop, in addition to their sub fees. Instead though, we get a Valkorian soap opera.

They're not expansions. The flow of content from Bioware Austin is completely anemic.

Most mmo expansions get new continents. SWTOR expansions give you a "planet" which consists of a tiny playing area. Most mmo expansions give you new multiple raids. SWTOR hasn't had a new raid released in years.

People were done with KOTET in a single day. If they want to complain about the lack of content, they are more justified about that then you are complaining about them. Most don't complain though. They unsub and move on to a more fully supported game. The people complaining are the people who truly want it fixed. They're the ones who actually care about the game.

"Entire Expansion". Just wow. Utter cognitive failure.

Well indeed the amount of content was quite thin, hence it was free for subs.

Many will disagree with this...

Generally people will not post or review unless they have a complaint - and that holds very true on these forums. Just about every other thread is a complaint from an individual who sees something wrong with the game. Even I am not innocent in this. However, I find a lot of the doomsday predictions to be ridiculous. I just want to point out a few things:

2) Whether you like it or not, their methods are in attempt to keep a steady flow of players on. I hate the CXP grind too. There is just no way my alts are going to be geared, and my main is still not fully geared (and I play a few hours everyday). Getting the gear gives me something to do, it also got me involved in some ops. The majority of people I see complaining are not really willing to stick their arm out and group up with people to get the gear. I will remind people that this is not a solo game (get a console then). What are you going to do once you are fully geared? Part of the fun is being in the group and taking the challenge.

3) The general hypocrisy. On one hand you have people complaining about the server not being populated, while on the other you have the same people complaining when the DEVs put something out to ammend that. In other cases you have people who want everything to be solo-able, and then people get mad that it is 'not really an MMO' anymore.

There are things about the game that upset me too. However, I am not going to project these ideas in a way that suggest the game will end in the next month because of it. If they took a dump on you tomorrow, it would not surprise me. They are working with little positive feedback. And if you do have a complaint, kinder words work than threatening subscription (which LOL, we know you are not doing that, you are still here) plans or attacking any other player who comes here with something positive to say.

I recognize trolls be trolls in some cases, but some of you really need to take a Xanax or hit the pipe. Free spice anyone?

1) The "entire expansion" was the equivalent of one of Final Fantasy XIV's regular content updates for subscribers, which explains why SWTOR made KOTET available for subscribers for free and Final Fantasy XIV's expansions cost money. FFXIV's "entire expansions" include new playable races, new classes, new continents to explore, new dungeons, new raids, new stories, new side quests, new mini-games, etc. To answer your question, I would be happy with FFXIV's frequency of releasing content, and if SWTOR had released content at that rate in vanilla and (in vanilla style,) I probably never would have quit the first time.

I would like to add that I not only have an issue with the frequency on content releases, but with also the quality. Flashpoints became Uprisings, explorable Planets became solo Chapters, eight unique Class stories became one generic story, five unique, in-depth Companions for each Class were replaced by 30 of the same Companions for everyone, some without even a backstory or personality.The Dark vs. Light alignment bar used to mean something as it was based off of your characters' choices, now you just flip a switch to be Dark or Light. I have quality issues with little things that seem to add up: Ravages's cheap-looking animation change, with BW spending time breaking telegraphs and the minimap just to spend time fixing them again when so many other bugs remain unaddressed. Everything is relative, especially with GC, DvL and things like the item crates in Uprisings, SWTOR just feels more and more like a cheap and tacky game of gimmicks rather than a MMORPG where I can immerse myself into the SWTOR universe.

2) I'm not here for stats on gear. I'm here for the SWTOR MMORPG experience, which includes gear, decorating my SH, grouping with the husb or the guild, making my Sith Lord look Sithy, exploring planets, etc. GC and CXP add absolutely nothing to that experience.

Grouping is absolutely part of the fun, especially in an MMO. I love being in a group and taking the challenge, so why can't I group in KOTFE and KOTET's main scenario content like I could in Planetary and Class stories? Why does what little group content that is being release (Uprisings) feel watered down when compared to Flashpoints? Once I ran each Uprising once, I had no desire to run any of them again... they're painful and they feel cheap to me.

3) I'm on Jedi Covenant, which hasn't ever felt underpopulated to me. I'm in a large guild that runs something each and every night. While I can run with them for any Ops that solo players would never be able to do, I totally understand these guys wanting to solo them. Why? SWTOR is an MMO, yet it's attracted so many non-MMO players, whether they're KOTOR fans or simply because of the fact that it's a SW game. My guild leader has been since release and has never played an MMO and will never play another, only because this is SW. Personally, I'd hate for all of these dedicated SW and KOTOR fans to miss out on experiencing the Dread Master story first hand just because BW continued the KOTOR and KOTOR 2 universe as a MMO rather than a RPG.

---

I can't speak for anyone besides myself, but I have to believe that people love this game and want to keep loving it, which is why they're so passionate to the point where they appear to be coming unhinged. They see what's going on in the MMO industry, especially with FFXIV rising from the ashes of it's horrible launch and becoming pretty successful, and I think people really want to see SWTOR do the same thing... but we get things like $60 vanity items, Galactic Command, DvL, and one raid implemented over a year.

Edited by Edyn

1) The "entire expansion" was the equivalent of one of Final Fantasy XIV's regular content updates for subscribers, which explains why SWTOR made KOTET available for subscribers for free and Final Fantasy XIV's expansions cost money. FFXIV's "entire expansions" include new playable races, new classes, new continents to explore, new dungeons, new raids, new stories, new side quests, new mini-games, etc. To answer your question, I would be happy with FFXIV's frequency of releasing content, and if SWTOR had released content at that rate in vanilla and (in vanilla style,) I probably never would have quit the first time.

I would like to add that I not only have an issue with the frequency on content releases, but with also the quality. Flashpoints became Uprisings, explorable Planets became solo Chapters, eight unique Class stories became one generic story, five unique, in-depth Companions for each Class were replaced by 30 of the same Companions for everyone, some without even a backstory or personality.The Dark vs. Light alignment bar used to mean something as it was based off of your characters' choices, now you just flip a switch to be Dark or Light. I have quality issues with little things that seem to add up: Ravages's cheap-looking animation change, with BW spending time breaking telegraphs and the minimap just to spend time fixing them again when so many other bugs remain unaddressed. Everything is relative, especially with GC, DvL and things like the item crates in Uprisings, SWTOR just feels more and more like a cheap and tacky game of gimmicks rather than a MMORPG where I can immerse myself into the SWTOR universe.

2) I'm not here for stats on gear. I'm here for the SWTOR MMORPG experience, which includes gear, decorating my SH, grouping with the husb or the guild, making my Sith Lord look Sithy, exploring planets, etc. GC and CXP add absolutely nothing to that experience.

Grouping is absolutely part of the fun, especially in an MMO. I love being in a group and taking the challenge, so why can't I group in KOTFE and KOTET's main scenario content like I could in Planetary and Class stories? Why does what little group content that is being release (Uprisings) feel watered down when compared to Flashpoints? Once I ran each Uprising once, I had no desire to run any of them again... they're painful and they feel cheap to me.

3) I'm on Jedi Covenant, which hasn't ever felt underpopulated to me. I'm in a large guild that runs something each and every night. While I can run with them for any Ops that solo players would never be able to do, I totally understand these guys wanting to solo them. Why? SWTOR is an MMO, yet it's attracted so many non-MMO players, whether they're KOTOR fans or simply because of the fact that it's a SW game. My guild leader has been since release and has never played an MMO and will never play another, only because this is SW. Personally, I'd hate for all of these dedicated SW and KOTOR fans to miss out on experiencing the Dread Master story first hand just because BW continued the KOTOR and KOTOR 2 universe as a MMO rather than a RPG.

---

I can't speak for anyone besides myself, but I have to believe that people love this game and want to keep loving it, which is why they're so passionate to the point where they appear to be coming unhinged. They see what's going on in the MMO industry, especially with FFXIV rising from the ashes of it's horrible launch and becoming pretty successful, and I think people really want to see SWTOR do the same thing... but we get things like $60 vanity items, Galactic Command, DvL, and one raid implemented over a year.

Even FFXIV free updates are bigger than Swtors expacs. Just read the patch notes for FFXIV 3.5 vs Swtor 5.0. That's free content for subs vs free content for subs.

Edited by FerkWork

Well indeed the amount of content was quite thin, hence it was free for subs.

People are willing to spend money on expansions of games they have fun in. If you get one "expansion" per year, make it a full budget one, have it cost 40-60 dollars, and get your customers some new content and experiences.

You're correct that KOTET was rightfully free due to how thin it was, but for a real MMO, 5.0 would have been an intermediate patch. It's just flabbergasting to me that the OP would even bother to say "entire expansion".

Right now Bioware isn't going with a MMO business plan, they're going with a mobile game business plan, and that is always going to leave us with very little actual content and loads and loads of useless, ugly crap at the cartel market.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.