The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

7600 cartel Coins for one Lightaber ?...thats not right,Marketing doing it wrong.

Hello.

First thing first - I mean this suggestion as slight criticism,not as insult.

I dont know who making the prizes on cartel market,but the specific lightsaber its not worthed more than 760 cartel coins. The "7600"cartel coins is estimate 60 dollars [and seems to be 57 euros],thats more money than 4+ month subscribe. I think someone forgot remove one zero in that prize [7600 cc].

So point of view of player what he will buy rather for that money worth 4+ month subscribe or lightsaber that he will use only once [or few times] ?,offcourse he buys the subscribe [ atleast i would choose subscribe].

The cartel market should change,lets take the mentioned lightsaber,if we set it for 760 cartel coins,people will buy few pieces,but after unlocking it in collections they lose interest buying it form cartel market.

Well lets just say unlock the [ unikate] lightsaber [ from direct sale] for collections for account could cost same as [2?] 3 pieces of same lightsaber ,still it would be cheaper buy the separate piece and players would buy next one instead of unlocking ...

After while the unlocking for specific item could get cheaper,or delay releasing aviability unlock the item for collections for all characters.

I think the cartel market should be set sell items cheaper and more pieces,so in result it could mean also bigger gain.

If someone have better idea how to manage marketing/cartel market/item sales, bring it on ...

Ps : This idea still have few flaws,but the direct sale of items should not be so outrageous high.

PPs: ... :confused:

Thanks.

Hello.

First thing first - I mean this suggestion as slight criticism,not as insult.

I dont know who making the prizes on cartel market,but the specific lightsaber its not worthed more than 760 cartel coins. The "7600"cartel coins is estimate 60 dollars [and seems to be 57 euros],thats more money than 4+ month subscribe. I think someone forgot remove one zero in that prize [7600 cc].

So point of view of player what he will buy rather for that money worth 4+ month subscribe or lightsaber that he will use only once [or few times] ?,offcourse he buys the subscribe [ atleast i would choose subscribe].

The cartel market should change,lets take the mentioned lightsaber,if we set it for 760 cartel coins,people will buy few pieces,but after unlocking it in collections they lose interest buying it form cartel market.

Well lets just say unlock the [ unikate] lightsaber [ from direct sale] for collections for account could cost same as [2?] 3 pieces of same lightsaber ,still it would be cheaper buy the separate piece and players would buy next one instead of unlocking ...

After while the unlocking for specific item could get cheaper,or delay releasing aviability unlock the item for collections for all characters.

I think the cartel market should be set sell items cheaper and more pieces,so in result it could mean also bigger gain.

If someone have better idea how to manage marketing/cartel market/item sales, bring it on ...

Ps : This idea still have few flaws,but the direct sale of items should not be so outrageous high.

PPs: ... :confused:

Thanks.

The reasons were explained. BW has chosen to try to preserve the rarity of that light saber by pricing it high. You may not like those reasons, but BW has made the decision not to devalue that light saber by pricing it for the pittance you "suggest".

In the end, it is a VANITY item. It is not something that has any impact on a player's ability to play the game effectively. Vanity items are often expensive and not something that everyone and their brother has.

If you think the price is too high, then don't buy it.

What I posted in another thread on this....

Don't care. Seems reasonable to me.

It was an ultra-rare pack item once upon a time, so they have to be careful not to anger people that bought many of those packs "back in the day".

So sure, charge out the wazoo for it.

You want it? There it is.

Too much? Don't buy it. It isn't mechanically any better than other sabers so no one "needs" this.

And sabers, to me, are the least important weapons in terms of visuals.

I mean, sure, I want a saber that I like, but practically? The color crystal is the thing that is most important for sabers. When you are using the item your character's hand(s) cover most of the hilt.

Blasters are the reverse. Sure, I want to fire bolts that I like, but the weapon itself matters most to me.

So if I was going to pay this sort of money for a weapon (and I won't... Like I said, it's not a "better" weapon, just maybe better looking in some people's minds), it would be a blaster of some sort.

I think it's too high,

I think nearly all the prices on the Cartel Market are too high though.

Cosmetic items shouldn't cost so much. Theoretically, I can see why the price is what it is, in comparison to Hypercrates. But unless a dozen or more people hit up my referral link I'm not going to even consider it at this price. I do think it might be a good idea going forward for the higher ticket items in packs to also be sold separately at a high price, but retroactively introducing a Platinum item for direct sale can lead to anger. Anger leads to hate, etc.

I personally feel £5 to be around the most that seems right for a single outright purchase of a cosmetic item in a real money shop. More than that feels like greed.

I buy Cartel Packs because I enjoy the pack opening experience (it's exciting! :p ) and I can get a bunch of items that I can sell on as well as ones I want to use. Of late the packs have been a little lacking in "must-have" armours but I've rarely been overly disappointed by a Hypercrate purchase. Maybe because I already looked what was in the most recent and didn't buy one and because I got a few nice golds and decorations in the Stalwart Leader, in amongst piles of terrible bronze gear.

The Grand Nightlife Pack was the best of the recent bunch. Good armours, in a healthy drop rate, and good extras too. More like that please, and offer new Platinums for a direct sale, at a lower cost than this Saber, but still enough to maybe make people consider the packs viable for a gamble.

I think it's too high,

I think nearly all the prices on the Cartel Market are too high though.

Cosmetic items shouldn't cost so much. .

Prices are not too high. If they boosted hypercrate price few weeks ago, and still creating crap packs (my opinion) so they got good business. Until players buy all these packs or items they can keep prices and keep do reskins.

Edited by tummiswtor

I prefer paying the devs those 7600cc for it ratter than 150mil or more on GTN to hell know who. At least the devs can use the money to keep developing the game, the GTN dudes who sell that sort of stuff are most likely to just stack the money in their GBanks full of billions of credits that aren't even in use.

It's shameless and greedy, and we would be stupid to give into this. There is no way I would ever put out this kind of money to 'rent' an item...because that's exactly what you're doing, renting it, until the day they shut down the game.