KoTET Chapter 2 and Chapter 7 Veteran mode

Powertech, Mostly T1 set gear (230)

Any hints? In Chapter 2, the tentacle boss just wipes the floor with Acina before I even really get to do anything, and in Chapter 7, the DoT from the Horizon boss does the same thing to Lana, and I don't have enough interrupts to stop him every time he wants to do it.

Lana and Acina are both around 22 ish right now. Am I being overly optimistic trying to do those fights without ranking them up to 50? Seems like an awful waste (with acina anyway), to get a companion to 50 that you're unlikely to use ever again. Lana, at least, will be useful for the rest of KoTET (Not that there's much left after Chapter 7)

Or should I just wait until I'm in T3 gear?

.. Or both, haha!

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

I'm not too experienced with PT so I'm not sure how possible it is to mitigate the damage and I can't remember if PT has a knockback, so I'll have to give some more generic suggestions (my PT was abandoned a while ago as just one too many tanks to gear)

I accidentally started chapter 2 in master mode after that somehow became my default difficulty but it did have the advantage of levelling acina up to level 40 something. Try that if you want to try and get some more healing out of acina.

I believe there is a utility that allows leap more often and leap interrupts a cast. I seem to recall that there is one particularly nasty cast on both bosses that needs to be interrupted and others that are just very helpful to interrupt. If you have done the scoundrel and warrior stories, remember that legacy moment has 2 extra stuns that can be used as interrupts. I can't remember chapter 2 that well as I did it late at night and haven't touched it since then.

The horizon guard in chapter 7 is pretty awful and the most common way of dealing with him is to throw him off the cliff. This is why I mentioned the knockback. For the life of me I just can't remember if PT has one. Maybe you can jump off the cliff, pull him with you and then leap to one of the adds (that should be simple, right) Otherwise, you may just have to try and use legacy abilities to stun lock him as much as possible and keep the legacy light V defensive ability (I am just not remembering any names right now) to try and mitigate the first DoT that gets through. If you are tanking, you may also be able to use the aoe taunt shielding to reflect damage when Lana runs headlong into red circles/lines.

PT? Not enough interrupts? You're kidding, aren't you?

You got an interrupt, two stuns, a charge and a grapple!

You can spec into cd reductions for all of them. And into a increased stun duration. And into a stun for rocktet punch.

Depending on your legacy advancement you got two additional stuns there as well.

Your companion has a stun as well.

And btw, if you have trouble beating the tentacle monster, you don't need to try further. The end fight of chapter 2 ist way more difficult than everything else in Kotet veteran mode.

And it is doable at level 65 in 224 gear.

Edited by Torvai

I just did chapter 7 vet as vanguard, mostly 224 gear and 230 barrel. I had to clear the adds, die, and hustle back since they seemed to spawn on a timer. So every other pull had the two adds and I had no chance at a kill with the 2 up.

That said I was able to kill interrupting mass affliction 3 times, riot > cryo grenade > riot. Lana was in tank spec I think only rank 10 though. Used heroic and unity too. I don't know of neural surge or harpoon work since he's a champion mob (I recall a buff stating he's immune to stuns that break on damage, which would apply to neural surge), but worth a try if your dps doesn't get him killed with 3 interrupts.

Edited by bdatt

PT? Not enough interrupts? You're kidding, aren't you?

You got an interrupt, two stuns, a charge and a grapple!

You can spec into cd reductions for all of them. And into a increased stun duration. And into a stun for rocktet punch.

Depending on your legacy advancement you got two additional stuns there as well.

Your companion has a stun as well.

And btw, if you have trouble beating the tentacle monster, you don't need to try further. The end fight of chapter 2 ist way more difficult than everything else in Kotet veteran mode.

And it is doable at level 65 in 224 gear.

How does one use a charge and a grapple as interrupts when I'm toe-to-toe with the mob?

I use the stun and the aoe carbonite thing, but they're kind of one-shot stuns, since they take so long to refresh - He can cast that affliction dot lots of times in a 45 second window, LOL.

But thanks for your helpful post giving me tips and tactics ideas, instead of just saying "Hey, you suck, go back to Story Mode"

Oh, wait. No. That's exactly what you did.

I'm not too experienced with PT so I'm not sure how possible it is to mitigate the damage and I can't remember if PT has a knockback, so I'll have to give some more generic suggestions (my PT was abandoned a while ago as just one too many tanks to gear)

I accidentally started chapter 2 in master mode after that somehow became my default difficulty but it did have the advantage of levelling acina up to level 40 something. Try that if you want to try and get some more healing out of acina.

I believe there is a utility that allows leap more often and leap interrupts a cast. I seem to recall that there is one particularly nasty cast on both bosses that needs to be interrupted and others that are just very helpful to interrupt. If you have done the scoundrel and warrior stories, remember that legacy moment has 2 extra stuns that can be used as interrupts. I can't remember chapter 2 that well as I did it late at night and haven't touched it since then.

The horizon guard in chapter 7 is pretty awful and the most common way of dealing with him is to throw him off the cliff. This is why I mentioned the knockback. For the life of me I just can't remember if PT has one. Maybe you can jump off the cliff, pull him with you and then leap to one of the adds (that should be simple, right) Otherwise, you may just have to try and use legacy abilities to stun lock him as much as possible and keep the legacy light V defensive ability (I am just not remembering any names right now) to try and mitigate the first DoT that gets through. If you are tanking, you may also be able to use the aoe taunt shielding to reflect damage when Lana runs headlong into red circles/lines.

Leap does interrupt, but I can't really use it since I'm always fighting in melee range :(

And no knockback for PTs. I main a Sage, and man, I really miss not having a knockback, haha. (I'm not really experienced in Powertechs either, LOL)

Legacy does give me Kick and Choke, so I will try again with those in the stun rotation. (They're the only stuns, right?) That should give my regular interrupt enough time to cycle back off CD.

I just did chapter 7 vet as vanguard, mostly 224 gear and 230 barrel. I had to clear the adds, die, and hustle back since they seemed to spawn on a timer. So every other pull had the two adds and I had no chance at a kill with the 2 up.

That said I was able to kill interrupting mass affliction 3 times, riot > cryo grenade > riot. Lana was in tank spec I think only rank 10 though. Used heroic and unity too. I don't know of neural surge or harpoon work since he's a champion mob, but worth a try if your dps doesn't get him killed with 3 interrupts.

So you ran with two tank specs? You and Lana? Interesting. No healing at all? I thought about trying the double engage approach two. Kill the two adds, die, then run back and engage him on his own, with a fresh Heroic Moment.

So you ran with two tank specs? You and Lana? Interesting. No healing at all? I thought about trying the double engage approach two. Kill the two adds, die, then run back and engage him on his own, with a fresh Heroic Moment.

I'm dps tactics Lana was tank. If you're tank spec maybe you need Lana in dps? I can see tank-healer being very slow.

Edit: and yeah kill adds, die, and run back. That extra 60k damage to kill the two adds is a lot.

Edited by bdatt

I also guard Lana and assume the damage reduction applies to companions but never really tested. And don't forget unity, it's a damage reduction legacy that goes along with heroic moment. I don't recall the requirements (like reach light side V in legacy?) since I've had it for like 5 years.

Otherwise spec like PVP. Utilities in riot CD reduction, cryo extension, and other CC stuff. I also put the self health on shoulder cannon and use it when not full health.

How does one use a charge and a grapple as interrupts when I'm toe-to-toe with the mob?

If you're tank this wouldn't work since he'd follow you. But if you have Lana as tank with aggro you could run away and pull.

• 4 months later...