The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Re-Submit My Ticket or Not? Contact CS or just Wait?

RavenBrowar

I need some advice on how to handle a situation with a ticket I submitted. Without going into the particulars of my ticket and what it was about, here is what I have done so far.

I submitted a ticket in October 2016. The CS responded to by e-mail, I wrote them back and that was the last communication from then, way back on October 26, 2016.

The ticket does not show up (iirc) in game, and right now I don't know if they still consider the ticket active or, whether they intend to give me an actual reply at some point or not.

So what should I do?

Submit a second ticket on the same issue, write an e-mail to them referring to the original ticket number and ask if they are any closer to giving me any sort of a reply, even if it's going to be a reply I won't like to hear.

Or just keep waiting and waiting indefinitely?.....

The ticket does not show up (iirc) in game, and right now I don't know if they still consider the ticket active or, whether they intend to give me an actual reply at some point or not.

So what should I do?

Find out if it is still active and base your next step on that.

Edited by leehambly

Find out if it is still active and base your next step on that.

Do you mean in game? There are no sign of any tickets, not even the old closed ones. Everything has been wiped clean.

TBH I think the ticket I submitted disappeared from the list almost immediately back then in October. It was neither active nor closed.

I might do as suggest (thanks) and re-submit using the same ticket number, the thing that concerns me is that the general advice you hear is that never re-submit a ticket as it will only bump it down in the queue or something. And then you end up waiting even longer.

Just that I have already waited for months....

It'll most likely be determined by the contents of your ticket and their last reply. They probably consider the matter closed.

Hmm.. that would be bad. This is actually what they said:

"Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. We will investigate this issue, and take any appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures.

Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, and so we will not be in any further contact with you regarding this report.

Thank you again for reporting this incident and we apologize for any upset or inconvenience caused. Should you require assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again. "

After which I supplied with some more accurate information (because ticket space was limited.) Then later on the ticket disappeared from in game CS menu, not as "closed" it just disappeared completely.

Based on how you said, their reply might have actually been their (polite) way of telling me to ... go forth and multiply, basically.

In that case, re-submitted will neither do any good nor harm.

Hmm.. that would be bad. This is actually what they said:

"Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. We will investigate this issue, and take any appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures.

Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, and so we will not be in any further contact with you regarding this report.

Thank you again for reporting this incident and we apologize for any upset or inconvenience caused. Should you require assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again. "

After which I supplied with some more accurate information (because ticket space was limited.) Then later on the ticket disappeared from in game CS menu, not as "closed" it just disappeared completely.

Based on how you said, their reply might have actually been their (polite) way of telling me to ... go forth and multiply, basically.

In that case, re-submitted will neither do any good nor harm.

THIS sounds like you opened a ticket to report player misconduct.

If it was about another players misconduct (exploit, botting, etc.) you WILL NOT get any confirmation of their findings and actions. They simply do not do that, as they consider it a privacy issue. AND.. they told you this in the ticket!!.

So.. no.. opening a new ticket will not get you any more information.

In fact.. some people who have continued to press this by opening new tickets demanding to know that is being done... have been warned of possible sanction if they persist in doing so as it is considered harassment toward CS team members.

Edited by Andryah

THIS sounds like you opened a ticket to report player misconduct.

If it was about another players misconduct (exploit, botting, etc.) you WILL NOT get any confirmation of their findings and actions. They simply do not do that, as they consider it a privacy issue. AND.. they told you this in the ticket!!.

So.. no.. opening a new ticket will not get you any more information.

In fact.. some people who have continued to press this by opening new tickets demanding to know that is being done... have been warned of possible sanction if they persist in doing so as it is considered harassment toward CS team members.

I am not sure if I mean to report misconduct, it was more like a case for compensation or so I meant it. So basically, all I can do is wait and hope to know see some (if any) results at some later time?....

I am not sure if I mean to report misconduct, it was more like a case for compensation or so I meant it. So basically, all I can do is wait and hope to know see some (if any) results at some later time?....

^^ This is not what the response to your ticket (which you quoted) indicates.

So now.. we are all confused by what you were/are trying to do. And you are being vague about any specifics in your original ticket. If you felt the actions of some other player somehow cheated you out of something... you will typically NOT be compensated for that.

5 months later.. you want to follow-up, and you want some form of compensation? Strange, because the ticket clearly states they thanked your for reporting the issue, made it clear they would not comment on any actions taken against another player, and closed the ticket.

Edited by Andryah

^^ This is not what the response to your ticket (which you quoted) indicates.

So now.. we are all confused by what you were/are trying to do. And you are being vague about any specifics in your original ticket. If you felt the actions of some other player somehow cheated you out of something... you will typically NOT be compensated for that.

5 months later.. you want to follow-up, and you want some form of compensation? Strange, because the ticket clearly states they thanked your for reporting the issue, made it clear they would not comment on any actions taken against another player, and closed the ticket.

I was a bit vague, in short: I poured money (real money) into my guild, me and my friends run it. Then... I trusted the wrong people, me and my friends were driven out and we lost the guild and everything we put into it completely and permanently.

As a last ditch effort, I tried to see if BW/CS could do anything to help us. Or not...

I was a bit vague, in short: I poured money (real money) into my guild, me and my friends run it. Then... I trusted the wrong people, me and my friends were driven out and we lost the guild and everything we put into it completely and permanently.

As a last ditch effort, I tried to see if BW/CS could do anything to help us. Or not...

Yeah..... um... they will not intervene in guild trust issues. They have made that pretty clear over the years.

Reason ---> because they give you the safeguards to protect against this sort of issue, and you the player can over-ride those safeguards by trusting the wrong people.. and that is not their fault nor can they actually accurately mediate and remedy a trust issue between two players in game. If they try to remedy this.. they have to plow through what will clearly be a "he said, she said" sort of two views of the circumstances, etc. In other words, there is no objective way for them to act to compensate you for trusting the wrong person(s).

IF the player(s) you reported have a record on file of doing this multiple times, your report may have gotten them sanctioned, or may not. You will never know.

You are going to have to chalk this one up to "lesson learned" "be careful who you trust outside of the safeguards given by the studio" for players to manage trust or lack of trust.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah..... um... they will not intervene in guild trust issues. They have made that pretty clear over the years.

Reason ---> because they give you the safeguards to protect against this sort of issue, and you the player can over-ride those safeguards by trusting the wrong people.. and that is not their fault nor can they actually accurately mediate and remedy a trust issue between two players in game. If they try to remedy this.. they have to plow through what will clearly be a "he said, she said" sort of two views of the circumstances, etc. In other words, there is no objective way for them to act to compensate you for trusting the wrong person(s).

IF the player(s) you reported have a record on file of doing this multiple times, your report may have gotten them sanctioned, or may not. You will never know.

You are going to have to chalk this one up to "lesson learned" "be careful who you trust outside of the safeguards given by the studio" for players to manage trust or lack of trust.

So.. I can kiss goodbye to my money ....

I am rapidly running out of reasons to sub.

But anyways, thanks for your replies everyone.

It is an expensive lesson to learn, but (and there are numerous threads about this) if you had a vanity guild and spent time and money on it... why include people you aren't real life friends with? Sorry, buyer beware... it sucks, believe me... but if it was valuable to you, which it seems to be, why jeopardise it by involving people you don't know or trust??

Expensive lesson. Move on. If that means a different game, so be it... but remember... its YOU that did this, not the game.

Edited by leehambly

It is an expensive lesson to learn, but (and there are numerous threads about this) if you had a vanity guild and spent time and money on it... why include people you aren't real life friends with? Sorry, buyer beware... it sucks, believe me... but if it was valuable to you, which it seems to be, why jeopardise it by involving people you don't know or trust??

Expensive lesson. Move on. If that means a different game, so be it... but remember... its YOU that did this, not the game.

All true but not sure why it has to be said in this tone or choice of words. Especially since it has already been said in a significantly more sympathetic tone by someone else above.

The only RL freind of mine who ever played this game stopped playing right after I had transfered to the same server (TP)...

Okay, the circumstances were such that I was invited to a guild, it turns out I liked the guild and the people in it, but after a couple of months the GM dropped out of the picture, people started to drop out, and after 28 days as the ranking officer in the guild, I ended up as GM (guild leader).

I know some are going to say, if I got the leaderships by default myself, I can't criticize the game eventually making some other random guy leader either. But there is a difference, at least as far as I am concerned.

As I had grown to like that quirky little guild, I wanted to keep it alive, and the solution was rapid building up of the guild, the flagship in particular, to boost recruitment (yes, 20-20 it does not really help) and to provide for some RP too (did not work either).

As months went by, I had spent quite a lot of money on that acceleration expansion, more than the previous GM, more than all the other guild members put together.

But things went wrong, people started to drop out more and more, and in the end, faced with the desertion of a council level officer, I had.. let's call it an episode, and the old GM volunteered to .. 'help me out' for a while. And stupidly enough, I made him leader again. Nope, he wasn't a real life friend like you said, and as it turns out, he was not an online friend either. Quite the opposite.

(I have described the situation in another thread if this sounds familiar).

I had my reasons to trust him, although they turned out to be bad reasons. He lost interest after some time, and the other random guy got the leadership.

Unlike me, he did not feel like picking up the torch. But neither did he do what I had done, offer the guild back to the previous/former GM which would have been me at the time.

He might have liquidated the guild, but as it turns out he handed it over to his friends instead. Nice for them, not so good for me and my guildies who had put in time, money and hard work into making that guild what it used to be.

Okay, the circumstances were such that I was invited to a guild, ...

That doesn't make for pleasant reading; more like a badly written greek tragedy.

Everything that happened seems above board. Nothing illegal or in violation of ToS. Not much the CS can do. Out of curiosity, what is your expectation that they should do?

That doesn't make for pleasant reading; more like a badly written greek tragedy.

Everything that happened seems above board. Nothing illegal or in violation of ToS. Not much the CS can do. Out of curiosity, what is your expectation that they should do?

My only hope, apart from Obi wan Kenobi, was that ticket. Someone in chat while in game suggested submitting a ticket. I pretty much knew it would be a long shot but I was at the end of my rope anyway. I hoped that the fact that I had poured real money into the guild would count for something. Based on the replies here, I now feel pretty certain it won't.

So.. I guess I expect nothing any more. I think I'd like to get out of the game, but I am 'trapped' into having two guilds with rump flagships on two servers after several unsuccesful attempts at rebuilding.

My only hope, apart from Obi wan Kenobi, was that ticket. Someone in chat while in game suggested submitting a ticket. I pretty much knew it would be a long shot but I was at the end of my rope anyway. I hoped that the fact that I had poured real money into the guild would count for something. Based on the replies here, I now feel pretty certain it won't.

So.. I guess I expect nothing any more. I think I'd like to get out of the game, but I am 'trapped' into having two guilds with rump flagships on two servers after several unsuccesful attempts at rebuilding.

You still didn't mention what you want the CS to do to change the situation to your satisfaction.

You still didn't mention what you want the CS to do to change the situation to your satisfaction.

Oh sorry, you meant specifically.

I was not asking or expecting to get money back.

Ideally, I suppose I would have wanted them to grant me at least a percentage of the equivalent unlocks on the flagship our guild currently has. Meaning the guild I am currently leader of (on Progenitor) and what we been (largely unsuccessfully) trying to build into a functioning community.

I know, that apart from RP the ship expansions don't mean a thing in terms of functionality. What this might give us is a huge moral boost, though.

Edited by RavenBrowar

You can't ask cs for compensation for something not their fault. It sucks. Sorry. Those people aren't very nice.

Well, there was one guild member who took stuff out of GB, sold it to vendor.. and it could not have been bought back. CS sorted that out, though, even though it was not their fault. Did not handle the ticket myself, but I was informed of this. Of course, this was in 2015 so things might have changed, for the worse, as they usually do....

All true but not sure why it has to be said in this tone or choice of words. Especially since it has already been said in a significantly more sympathetic tone by someone else above.

Dude, I was merely responding to the OP trying to blame the game for what is in essence a very simple error. I should have maybe quoted him, but it was right there, above my post.