Explorable Worlds......where are they?

Amiracle

Sounds like you haven't been to Tatooine or Hoth yet.

I am, and that's why I ask. Tried to leave Anchorhead and was turned back quickly due to exhaustion.

So far all I see is roads to quest hubs.

Edited by Amiracle

Well to be honest, the starting planets are kinda railroaded.

Balmorra and Nar Shaddah are... pretty straight.

But Alderaan, Hoth, Tattoine, Taris, Ilum..

The game starts out as linearish, with explorable options (droid factory on Balmorra for one) and this goes in term with the story line as well, once you gain access to your ship, your options open up, and the galaxy grows. The start is linear, and I was getting a bit sick of it. Until Tatooine...

I am, and that's why I ask. Tried to leave Anchorhead and was turned back quickly due to exhaustion.

So far all I see is roads to quest hubs.

You wanted to explore, spent 5 minutes doing so, then came here to ask about it?

I don't think you really want to explore. Or rather, don't really understand what it means to do so.

I think what he means is why are the planets so small - to be fair, they would have to make about 2 Azeroths per planet to accomodate your taste for exploration, but that's not feasible.

I would, however, prefer if they opened up more areas on these planets with content patches, and then added new planets and zones with expansions, about 4 years or so from now, we'd have a few Azeroths to explore if that option was pursued.

Take the speeder out of Anchorhead and then Explore

Its obvious you didn't read where I said I was there and hit exhaustion just out side of town.

I am at Jundland Sunrise ridge and hit another exhaustion zone even though all I see is sand for miles.

Please explain how quest hubs connected by a road is exploring?

Its obvious you didn't read where I said I was there and hit exhaustion just out side of town.

I am at Jundland Sunrise ridge and hit another exhaustion zone even though all I see is sand for miles.

Please explain how quest hubs connected by a road is exploring?

People never played open world MMO's so don't blame them. These days guided A ---> B is exploration to them.

This, I almost missed a whole chunk of the map and a bonus series because I never explored the map.

I am at the south end of Tatoonie (heroic area) and another exhaustion wall but if I jump on a taxi it will shuttle me through....sight seeing in a car.....(

People never played open world MMO's so don't blame them. These days guided A ---> B is exploration to them.

That!.

from wikipedia about Asheron`s Call:

Game World

The world itself is large at over 500 square miles (1,300 km2).[4]. Unlike many other games in the genre, there are no zones. This means players can cross the world on foot without loading screens or invisible barriers and any terrain that can be seen in the distance was a real object in the world. It also had a much longer viewing distance then other games of the time, with mountains, bodies of water and other terrain being visible long before it was actually approached.

I am at the south end of Tatoonie (heroic area) and another exhaustion wall but if I jump on a taxi it will shuttle me through....sight seeing in a car.....(

What more could you people want? The quests never sent me to the area I was in last night and I had to go explore it on my own.

Its a theme park MMO, and it does have some planets that you can explore and find bonus series quests and find group content.

there are no explorable worlds, just railed and small worlds.

The worlds are actually TOO big.. which is one of the primary reasons you rarely see other player.

Each zone is divided into like 5 minizones... everyone is so spread apart.

The worlds are actually TOO big.. which is one of the primary reasons you rarely see other player.

Each zone is divided into like 5 minizones... everyone is so spread apart.

Eh?!

You are probably on a light server?.

Because on Red Eclypse i see people every friggin where..

it actually sounds like a re-roller who cant get to 50

Why would I be a reroll? Please respond so I can laugh at you....

The Dune Sea explored. What's sad is I can see the rectangle they drew on the piece of paper to show the limits of the explorable area.

Is there anymore to this planet?

Edited by Amiracle