change the color on one of the voidstar doors

Jensaga

"need defense on... uhhhhh wait lemme open my map so I can tell which door is which to call it out"

can we get a green door and a red door? something.

iif you're defending green door means they haven't capped, red door means they have. different colors isn't a bad idea, probably one for suggestion box. though there's more pressing issues to fix in game.

you can call east/west, right/left or even "1 inc" or "2 inc" cause people should be able to figure out "hang on there's 6 on this side, he probably doesn't mean my side"

Just use east or west, if people dont know their directions...well...then there is a bigger problem at hand xD

Sadly E/W confuses people on Voidstar. I wish I were making that up.

See also, the guy who insisted on using E/W in ACW the other night:

guard: "3 grass"

newbro: "EAST OR WEST? Call out!"

I wish I were making that up too.

I have called it E/W myself, though won't demand it be called that.

Points for comprehension really. If they say E, go east. If they say grass, go grass.

I also think it comes down to just knowing the map.

The problem with voidstar is the people think of facing north for east west instructions. But on the main map it is in reverse. For five years people call it left/ right with the gate being point of reference. East is right and west is left. Why make things complicated? Keep it simple it's typed commands to people who may not have English as their first language. Left 2, grass 4 mid 3.

On the door thing not a bad idea would it be an improvement to say HUGE coloured banners above the door would be visually better and hopefully big enough for people to see?

Edited by Purgamentorum

The problem with voidstar is the people think of facing north for east west instructions. But on the main map it is in reverse. For five years people call it left/ right with the gate being point of reference. East is right and west is left. Why make things complicated? Keep it simple it's typed commands to people who may not have English as their first language. Left 2, grass 4 mid 3.

On the door thing not a bad idea would it be an improvement to say HUGE coloured banners above the door would be visually better and hopefully big enough for people to see?

Honestly east and west should be standard. If someone says east, look at mini map, go east. Simple.

E/W confuses only confused people.

Nothing is more clear as east and west.

When someone cant find east or west on a map how the hell he turns on his computer?

I just always used L or R, in relation to how we are facing the respawn energy shield... granted sometimes people mess it up, they go the wrong direction if they actually face the doors. But that is so simple and basic ...

I just always used L or R, in relation to how we are facing the respawn energy shield... granted sometimes people mess it up, they go the wrong direction if they actually face the doors. But that is so simple and basic ...

And here is the problem...

The respawn spot changes every match and so LEFT becomes RIGHT. :rolleyes:

Edited by Opaknack

The objectively best way to call the doors in voidstar is crate/ship side, it's too bad it never caught on. No confusion related to orientation.

But, to be honest, this another one of those situations where there's only 2 places to be so if you're not oblivious it should be rather obvious where you need to go if you see so much as a "need help" in ops chat. Instead of being the guy who sticks around to clean up a 6v2 for the scoreboard, be the guy who notices the obviously favorable numbers (and what that tells you about the other door) and rotates without needing his hand held and told exactly where to go.

Edited by yellow_

Just use east or west, if people dont know their directions...well...then there is a bigger problem at hand xD

This.

How hard it it to realize direction NEVER changes, right and left, does. Literally take 20 seconds at the start of a voidstar in an offensive position (as that's where it is based and think..."west, east...okay" then defensive "west, east..okay" and never look back, easy as pie.

North, East and West should always be used in voidstar.

Cardinal directions are unambiguous, whereas left and right depend on your point of view.

When a door is capped in voidstar it says in chat " The East/West/North bomb has 20 seconds until detonation". It does not say "The Left/Right bomb ... "

So please stop using ambiguous terms like left and right to describe stationary areas on a map, and instead use the cardinal direction names given to map locations and the doors/bombs themselves.

Edited by uppen

North, East and West should always be used in voidstar.

Cardinal directions are unambiguous, whereas left and right depend on your point of view.

When a door is capped in voidstar it says in chat " The East/West/North bomb has 20 seconds until detonation". It does not say "The Left/Right bomb ... "

So please stop using ambiguous terms like left and right to describe stationary areas on a map, and instead use the cardinal direction names given to map locations and the doors/bombs themselves.

I disagree, left and right are fine and allow you to react in the quickest manner, as you should already be aware of your role, ie attack defence, people have been using right and left in sports for years effectively.

I'll say using cardinal directions for 'the new one' or novare coast is fine, but voidstar I think good ol lefty righty works fine.

But ofc you are entitled to your opinion (even though it's wrong) so fair enough

I disagree, left and right are fine and allow you to react in the quickest manner, as you should already be aware of your role, ie attack defence, people have been using right and left in sports for years effectively.

I'll say using cardinal directions for 'the new one' or novare coast is fine, but voidstar I think good ol lefty righty works fine.

But ofc you are entitled to your opinion (even though it's wrong) so fair enough

So is this the left side of the map or left as you leave the spawn?

Does everyone in the game know your definition of left/right or does it leave room for error?

The simple fact is that Left/Right are open to more than one interpretation. East/West are not. The game uses East/West not Left/Right.

Therefore my opinion is actually correct. So long as people continue to use left/right as calls there will always be confusion.

So is this the left side of the map or left as you leave the spawn?

Does everyone in the game know your definition of left/right or does it leave room for error?

The simple fact is that Left/Right are open to more than one interpretation. East/West are not. The game uses East/West not Left/Right.

Therefore my opinion is actually correct. So long as people continue to use left/right as calls there will always be confusion.

The game uses east and west because it's impartial, a spectator so to say.

I shall explain again slowwlllllyyyyy

If you are defending, everyone on your team and chat is defending, stand by a door and face the attacking team, any of the 2 doors is fine. If there is another door on your right, you are on the left door, if not then you are on the right one, git that? Good 😊

Attacking, run towards the doors, again someone may be defending so any door is fine, if there is another door to the left of the one you are trying to cap, you are on the right door! Also this is the right door for all of your team mates, if they argue, they are wrong. If there is no other door to your left then yes, you guessed it, congrats! You found the left door!

I just made your gaming experience easier!

You are welcome 😁

Edited by Eastiano

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.