The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sage Seer Augments

Moranine

My main is a Jedi Sage Seer and I've almost completed my Tear 1 gear and now I'm working on putting augments on the gear. However, I'm curious as to what ones I should add. So far I've got all alacrity 45 augments (I think that's correct, not in game atm) and I'm not sure if I'm actually seeing much of a difference in my channeling.

Should I keep adding all alacrity or should I mix it up with critical?

I'm quite happy with my current setup, though I haven't really played with theorycrafting min/max stats. I try to have about 45% crit, and the rest I pop into alacrity. I know people swear by alacrity, but very little of my Force regeneration comes from sitting idly by and waiting for alacrity to increase it over time.

There's also a sense of satisfaction seeing large healing numbers thanks to crit.

Still, if you have the money, craft or purchase crit augments and test healing some tactical flashpoints with stupid DPS that seem to try to kill themselves at every turn. If you can keep them alive, you'll know you're gearing correctly. :D

Augments are the most flexible Gear Slot where you have full controll what you can put into it. That means look what you are missing and than use the augments to get it. For Healers this mostly will be a mix of Alacrity and Crit.

You can look here for what numbers you should aim at.

While Nozomi is right about the 45% crit rate, I feel Nozomi discredit what Alacrity do for you. Force regeneration is not the only thing. It reduces the channel time which means Alacrity is often the difference if the healing arives just in time or just to late. In addition it reduces your cooldowns which means you can use the same ability faster again. So if you feel you need to wait to long before you can use an ability again it might be an alacrity issue.

For more information about the individual stats and what they do for seer sage I recommend the following two guides:

For PVE

For PVP