The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Command - Tier 4 and More

EricMusco

seriously no, another tier is not needed, grind based of RNG is STILL BS,BS you's were told by the WHOLE community NOT TO DO.

Niether is another TIER and 2 MORE set required this soon, we went from simple system that worked that had 3 tiers of gear to convulted confusing system based off RNG grind or even more grind. with now 7 armor sets...

Edited by Kyuuu

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just change the gearing system back to pre-5.0? It seems like you guys are trying to make it as much as the old gearing system but adding tier crates to it to even make scrubs get end-game gear easily, just from the crates. So basically BioWare is going to revert to all bosses dropping guarantee unassembled pieces while scrubs who will never enter a Operation get the same pieces from crates. People should earn their gear, not given to them in free handouts like some liberal scumbag.

So you resort to calling people that are learning the game and not good and certain aspects scrubs ? I'm very sure I saw a certain guild wipe for 2 1/2 hours on Draxus master mode within the last week lol.

We all know gear doesn't make the player it's the skill so gear only takes it so far but it seems you like to think if some person who plays the game in different ways than you doesn't deserve to earn gear that maybe used in other ways than running Master Mode in everything let me ask you how can a person who doesn't raid is expected to run say Master Mode chapters in Season 2 ? they need the gear for to clear that content right or what about pvp ranked they need that gear for that right ?

Wanna make GC feel rewarding?

Don't make it RNG.

How is it you guys are so deaf to this is beyond me.

Then you'll make a thread asking for feedback and cherrypick what you want to hear and not what you need yo hear.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Glad I'm not resubbing

Eric,

From a Public Relations standpoint you guys really need to get ahead of the data miners. Because this info was all over the net a week or so ago and everyone is already mad. You are releasing a new T4 with a 100 more levels that require more CXP at the same time the 350% bonus that you have on right now will be ending. While you said you plan to increase CXP rewards it won't be to that level. So people that have been grinding up CXP on 1 or 2 chars to even get T3 have more in front of them. People that have several characters in their Legacy still have no idea how they will ever get those other chars into good gear without spending another mountain of time grinding them up.

All the while you have people that have been players for years feeling like they don't want to deal with this hot mess anymore and moving on. I mean I have subbed for 5 years straight since release for instance. Even when I took breaks for months to do play other games and give myself a SWTOR rest I still would pay my sub because I wanted to support the game because I always planned to come back. Now I'm really considering just taking a full permanent break from the game, cancel sub and move on. I finally got 2 chars to T3 by just buckling down and grinding hours on the fastest CXP gain items on those 2 chars until I got them there, using boosts along the way that cost me RL money on top of my sub fee. This was probably the worse experience I have had with this game in 5 years. Who wants to play that way just to get 1 or 2 characters ahead? Instead of playing content I like I made myself just grind the largest CXP over quickest time items.

If you have all these grand plans to fix things and make the community want to play this game and resub then I suggest you get it out there and stop being so secret. MMO's are long haul games and people want to know the road map. After all you don't take a cross country drive without a map right!

One easy fix would be to take out all if not some of the RNG from crates. Make certain levels of CXP give out a certain specific piece. Eventually when you get to T2 you should had got every T1 piece, same when you get to T3, every T2 piece and so on. If you switch between tank and dps on a character then maybe just give one of each so if the person never plays tank they will just disgard them but if they play both char types they can still do that.

Edited by SGMRock

Hey folks,

As many of you saw from our social media post over the weekend, we are going to be adding Tier 4 gear and another 100 Command Ranks to Galactic Command in Game Update 5.2. I wanted to let you know that there is quite a bit more to it than just another Tier! Here are some other notes:

• Tier 4 Command Crates are going to work a bit differently than Tier 1-3. You will much more consistently get set bonus gear in this Tier.
  • We are making adjustments to Tier 1-3 as well to make that leveling/gearing experience better. We want to make sure it feels rewarding to get higher in Command Rank/Tier.
  • There are other gearing related changes coming based on your feedback such as adjustments to boss drops in Operations.

Hold tight! We know that you have a lot of questions about why we are doing a new Tier and more Command Ranks. We have forum posts coming this week with a detailed breakdown of all that is coming and changing in 5.2.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

What's funny is that I called this weeks ago just based on the 350% boost.

This result is a self-fulfilling event in my view. So many players drank the GC KoolAid and went binging through GC levels that the analytics tell the studio the system works, is actively being applied by a lot of players, and encourages the studio to keep on keeping on.

* Make PvP all about skill, and remove gear completely from the power curve of PvP. PvP players want to... PvP.. not chase gear. Sure.. some are gear chasers.. but that is to try to get an edge on other PvPers through gear. REMOVE gear from the equation in PvP.. period.

* Make PvE reward GC in a balanced manner to time and risk required, so that players do not feel compelled to play what pays best, but rather what they like to play.

* Make the vendors work based upon Command Tokens only, and drop the second grind of PvP and OPs for yet another token dependency.

* Install a "Trade-in Vendor" where a player that is staring at yet another belt or gloves, or whatever drop can turn said item in to the vendor in exchange for an slot item they do not yet have. We already know you know how to make Trade-in Vendors.

>>> Unless/until the above steps are made.... /boycott-GC as any focus of your attention as a player. Only by boycotting the system can you encourage the studio to change the system. You have other alternatives for gear. If the studio saw players working the other alternatives and ignoring GC.. they might be motivated to shift their direction.

I haven't been "officially" boycotting GC but it hasn't been my focus. I play what I want when I want on my main, and have been focusing on lowbie alts. IOW, not making a point of not drinking the Kool-aid but simply because I don't like Kool-aid :)

Your bullet points:

*Yes!

*Yes, to a point. I believe harder content should reward better. I think that's what you're saying

*Yes, that would revert to the old currency-based grind, not this RNG crapshoot

*Yes, but can't you just swap mods around willy-nilly these days, between pieces?

Hey folks,

As many of you saw from our social media post over the weekend, we are going to be adding Tier 4 gear and another 100 Command Ranks to Galactic Command in Game Update 5.2. I wanted to let you know that there is quite a bit more to it than just another Tier! Here are some other notes:

• [*]Tier 4 Command Crates are going to work a bit differently than Tier 1-3. You will much more consistently get set bonus gear in this Tier.

-eric

Please just make the tier 4 cxp crates drop a generic unassembled gear piece token, which can be traded in for ANY piece of gear the player needs. This would eliminate getting duplicate gear pieces, useless relics, implants and ears (that have the wrong stats then what the player needs) and actually give you a chance (how ever small it may be) of gearing from cxp crates.

Hey folks,

• Tier 4 Command Crates are going to work a bit differently than Tier 1-3. You will much more consistently get set bonus gear in this Tier.
  • We are making adjustments to Tier 1-3 as well to make that leveling/gearing experience better. We want to make sure it feels rewarding to get higher in Command Rank/Tier.
  • There are other gearing related changes coming based on your feedback such as adjustments to boss drops in Operations.

Hold tight! We know that you have a lot of questions about why we are doing a new Tier and more Command Ranks. We have forum posts coming this week with a detailed breakdown of all that is coming and changing in 5.2.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

How do you get from Tier 1 to Tier 4 in Command Points and Gear? How do I get from 1 to 2, etc.?

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Dear Eric,

with the command crates added with 5.0 we finally got the jedi version of the centurion force masters gear . as far as we know its likely we will get the champion force masters gear for the sith inquisitors as tier5 command crate drops. however, are there any chances we will get the centurion force masters gear for the sith inquisitor in the near future?

thank you very much.

Eh.

Gave up after trying on a few alts to get anywhere decent, just a total grindfest to get godawful loot - another 100 ranks? Not bothered.

Unsubbed. good luck tinkering with the system nobody wanted, ignoring what many people are legitimately offering as a solution, and generally just trying to beat a dead horse.

Hey Devs,

As many of you saw from you social media and forums over the weekend, the community hates the Command System and don't want more levels or more gear tiers before everything else is fixed. We wanted to let you know that there is quite a bit more than just another bunch of angry players. Here are some notes:

• The drop rates are too bad. You currently finish a tier without getting a full gear set.
  • It already takes much more time than the game content available (which is indeed a lot of very good content) to level the Command Ranks. We don't want more levels, we want a better and well balanced system, just like we had after 5 years of fine adjustments and when you decided to start all over again.
  • The small and slow fixes you are making are improving the game, but they are meaningless if you keep stretching this grindy and horrible system.

Hold tight! We know that you desperately want to increase the subscribers base, but you are making too many people angry. We have hundreds of forum posts already there with a detailed breakdown of what players liked, what they didn't like and what we need. Please hear the community instead of insisting on this grindy and boring system!

Thanks everyone.

- Just another anoyed player.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

When is Galactic Command going to be removed from the game?

When is the person who originally proposed Galactic Command going to take responsibility and resign and apologize to the players?

Because I need to know when I can give you more money. Its not till then. Goodbye.

This is reassuring on the face of it. But, based on past experience, I'll hold my hopes in check until I see it on production servers.

Exactly this... they have stated before they understand the pain and dislike, yet they are slow as a snail to address it and they dont really address the problems. Like those Alts they encourage all players to create and enjoy. This game went did a 180 from the most alt friendly game to one of the most unfriendly alt games for "end game".

Catch up mechanics need to be addressed for new players and returning players.

What about PvP bolster with additional gear being added? I had a thought that 250 is where they intend bolster to end for 5.0 with additional gear levels being added they just accidentally put it there to start with.

So you resort to calling people that are learning the game and not good and certain aspects scrubs ? I'm very sure I saw a certain guild wipe for 2 1/2 hours on Draxus master mode within the last week lol.

We all know gear doesn't make the player it's the skill so gear only takes it so far but it seems you like to think if some person who plays the game in different ways than you doesn't deserve to earn gear that maybe used in other ways than running Master Mode in everything let me ask you how can a person who doesn't raid is expected to run say Master Mode chapters in Season 2 ? they need the gear for to clear that content right or what about pvp ranked they need that gear for that right ?

Yeah, if a "scrub" grinds 400 levels of Galactic Command,, golly,, bless that fellar and let him have the gear! That is an achievement!

However, I still want to be rewarded for gear when I do certain content. Why can't I get a piece a gear downing bosses in Master Lost Island Flashpoint? Why can't I get a piece a gear after slugging through Veteran chapters? (It would help me progress to Master Level), If I enjoy Eternal Championship, why can't I spend those weekly tokens to purchase gear from its vendors? If, I just want to do ops? etc etc

This system has really destroyed the free agency of the player. Sometimes, we just like our certain niches. Gee whiz, if its all about giving players (who have never PVP or OPS) set bonus gear, well give them a set of 230s when they hit 70. But, please, let me get gear doing the content I enjoy!

This week in out of touch, bioware adds another Tier of gear even though the last Tier(242) was never used to its full potential

we don't need another tier

Heh... certainly cannot disagree with this ^

It really does seem that an additional tier is a waste unless there is some really challenging content coming to use it on.

*Yes, but can't you just swap mods around willy-nilly these days, between pieces?

Not the armor-mods. Those are item slot dependent. Mods/Enhancements, yeah.. no issue there, but since repeat drops is an issue in the loot itemization, they do owe some sort of exchange mechanic in my view.

This week in out of touch, bioware adds another Tier of gear even though the last Tier(242) was never used to its full potential

we don't need another tier

Pfft, everybody is running around in full 242 gold stuff and level 300 on multiple toons...so we absolutely need a new tier of gear and 100plus levels! It's what everyone has been asking for, they're listening!

Thats nice, so I just need to get my 11 played toons (in 4.0) to rank now!!! I have one at 220 and another at 214!!

Life of a casual!

Edited by matopucik