Is Disney Killing Star Wars?

hozjr

Finally watched Rogue One for the first time last night, and I was bored. The Disney Star Wars leaves me very unsatisfied, even more than the 3 prequels. Other than Vader doing his thing at the end, the whole movie was forgettable.

I'm not sure Disney is solely to blame, as they are wanting to sell Star Wars to a younger demographic that are more willing to buy the merchandise. I think the issue is with me, as I have out grown the franchise. I'm still loving and enjoying the EU content tho.

The Force Awakens was horrible, this much is true, and the EU wipe killed a lot of stuff which was very good and much loved, but also got rid of a whole load of **** that never should've made SW canon in the first place. Otherwise, since then its been a fairly good job.

And as said above, it isn't Disney.

I think that may both be the best and worst idea.

Getting rid of a lot of the garbage is a good idea. However, they should have kept the good stuff. For many, that means Luke and Mara. Luke creating a new Jedi order that is better than the original.

I think that may both be the best and worst idea.

Getting rid of a lot of the garbage is a good idea. However, they should have kept the good stuff. For many, that means Luke and Mara. Luke creating a new Jedi order that is better than the original.

Luke and Mara, Wraith Squadron, Warlord Zinj, Ysaane Issard, Corran Horn.

Just to name a few.

Well i just was informed through Star wars Rebels that:

Luke Skywalker is actually the chosen one, not anakin. So yes, Disney will kill Star Wars and make it good guy hero/princess heroine/happy ending instead of the tragedy it was intended to be.

the tragedy it was intended to be.

Realistically, all it was ever "intended to be" was a vehicle to sell tons and tons of merchandise. Don't get me wrong, Lucas had a lot of great ideas, but never any sort of solid, overarching vision for what Star Wars was "about". That was always in a state of flux.

Edited by DarthDymond

Well i just was informed through Star wars Rebels that:

Luke Skywalker is actually the chosen one, not anakin. So yes, Disney will kill Star Wars and make it good guy hero/princess heroine/happy ending instead of the tragedy it was intended to be.

Watch the episode again. Then rewatch Episode III to be sure you fully understand the Star Wars you claim Disney is killing.

Obi-Wan believes Anakin to be either dead or knows he is Vader at this point (In Legends he knew pretty early but it is unclear here.)

From his point of view (An important concept for Obi-Wan, points of view), Anakin either failed to fulfil the prophecy (Shifting the responsability to someone else) or wasn't the Chosen One after all.

It's not stated that Luke is the Chosen One, simply that at this point in time, Obi-Wan BELIEVES that he is. He doesn't have the script of Return of the Jedi stuffed somewhere.

That or he is lying to Maul since

he's dyind anyway and it's not like he'll mind.

So please, you can blame Disney for many things but not for this.

Edited by Leklor

That sounds like an interesting take, if they execute it well.

I definitely still prefer the Legends continuity to the new Canon overall, but one of the things I like about the 'clean break' approach they took is that it gives them a chance to explore some different takes on things - this looks like one of those things where I'm willing to see what they've got in mind for it.