Bio Experiment. Run a swtor version between 2.0 and 3.0 and parallel to 5.0

Totemdancer

Guess you didn't do your research about the game. You better go back and look at what has been added, what will be added and what the direction is.

Plus, Chris is a legend in his own undies. :p

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

The fact that you think a person who has only developed vaporware in the last 15 years is a "legend" pretty much says it all.

I have high (but cautious) hopes for Star Citizen, as we need more real space based MMOs in the market. But make no mistake.. Star Citizen is all about space based MMO play... period. But I see you buying in to all the hand waving.. so go have fun.

Edited by Andryah

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

The fact that you think a person who has only developed vaporware in the last 15 years is a "legend" pretty much says it all.

I have high (but cautious) hopes for Star Citizen, as we need more real space based MMOs in the market. But make no mistake.. Star Citizen is all about space based MMO play... period. But I see you buying in to all the hand waving.. so go have fun.

Yep, he got burnt out, took time away from big developments, but hey, don't give him a chance because he's not a swtor Dev :rolleyes:

Got to let it go man. MMOs evolve over time. Sometimes in a way some players like, sometimes not. The industry is riddled with players upset about the changes made in an MMO... and has been like that for more then 15 years now.

If you cannot let it go, and adapt.. it's probably time to take a break. A lot of people took a break from this game in the past, and came back and found the game both refreshing, and fun again.

If this is about fixating on GC yet again.... you are being redundant.

Interesting. If I and veteran players like me had let it go then Bioware would not have called 4 emergency PR damage control livestreams within the first 8 weeks of 5.0's release, Galactic Command wouldn't be getting nearly the attention it has been ... and BWA wouldn't be circling the wagons to protect their reputation which is coming under extreme fire after subjecting themselves to industry-wide ridicule by radically downsizing the game's direction and stupidly culling said veteran player base in the process.

As for GC the only redundancy is how BWA still isn't listening. Once their selective hearing disorder is cured (likely not until after they've exhausted every conceivable shortcut and workaround to what the veteran MMO players have been requesting point blank) is when we'll see just how committed they are to the long term growth of this game.

As consumers, their travails with a downsized workforce and pillaged resources are not our concern. As consumers, what is our concern is what we get for our money. And what we have gotten for the same amount of money since Ben Irving took the reigns has drastically diminished over time. I'm not okay with that, and judging by what has transpired within the community over the last 17 months I'm not alone in that regard.

Bioware has at least been trying to make a showing of good faith to their veteran players since December's uprising, which is the only reason many of us are still here ... to see if they really do care or are just stringing us along again. Bedazzled Bioware backers who simply want us to cease and desist are out of luck until BWA themselves either unscrew what they screwed up or outright tell us to leave because we no longer fit their demographic.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Interesting. If I and veteran players like me had let it go then Bioware would not have called 4 emergency PR damage control livestreams within the first 8 weeks of 5.0's release, Galactic Command wouldn't be getting nearly the attention it has been.
EXACTLY!!! If there hadn't been mass outrage, things would not have changed. 5.0 was what Bioware wanted, not what their customers wanted...and we let them know.

Imagine if you could go back to between 2.0 and 3.0 when the game still had some challenge in it, before the dark times... before the dumbing down, before level sync and OP companions.

In a word: Ew.

SW:TOR's level-sync and tactical FPs are awesome ideas, brilliant even. You can group with anybody, be effective, and get something useful (xp, mats, gear, tokens, etc.) out of it.

Yes they got a few details hilariously wrong (ofc). Level-sync should be zone based not planetary. The sync level is at least two levels too high, flashpoints assume certain utilities are available (cc break), and many aren't suitable for non-trinity groups are just some of the goofs. If something needed to be tweaked it was this.

The Companion revision was another good idea in general with some poorly thought out details. I -love- being able to use who I want instead of who can fill the role I need. Influence should have been capped at 20. Not zOMG overpowered but still very useful. Normalizing weapons was a huge mistake. Blizz without his rocket launcher is a travesty. KotFE stripping them from us and then flooding us with a small army of clones was awful both story-wise and mechanically.

I like ToS much, much better than DF and DP.

I could have done without the whole Keeping Up with the Valkorians story arc. (Although Iokath looks cool).

In a word: Ew.

SW:TOR's level-sync and tactical FPs are awesome ideas, brilliant even. You can group with anybody, be effective, and get something useful (xp, mats, gear, tokens, etc.) out of it.

Yes they got a few details hilariously wrong (ofc). Level-sync should be zone based not planetary. The sync level is at least two levels too high, flashpoints assume certain utilities are available (cc break), and many aren't suitable for non-trinity groups are just some of the goofs. If something needed to be tweaked it was this.

The Companion revision was another good idea in general with some poorly thought out details. I -love- being able to use who I want instead of who can fill the role I need. Influence should have been capped at 20. Not zOMG overpowered but still very useful. Normalizing weapons was a huge mistake. Blizz without his rocket launcher is a travesty. KotFE stripping them from us and then flooding us with a small army of clones was awful both story-wise and mechanically.

I like ToS much, much better than DF and DP.

I could have done without the whole Keeping Up with the Valkorians story arc. (Although Iokath looks cool).

That's why we need the experiment to see what the results would be if people could choose.

I've deleted every character on every server.

I would 100% make new characters on a 2.X server and add more subscription time.

It'd be nice to add TOS and RAV as level 55 operations, yet change SOR into cut down versions as a side quest, and not class story. It'd be really nice to just leave Revan alone, take him out of the entire quest chain.

This should of gone in the suggestions forum.

GSF sort of held me, but the generic genericness brought on with 5.0 had me say uninstall and good bye. The generic companion abilities is extremely boring compared to when each class had different companions with different abilities.

I do hope they turn things around to where I'd install and make characters again, but I do not have that faith.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

Yep, he got burnt out, took time away from big developments, but hey, don't give him a chance because he's not a swtor Dev :rolleyes:

She's a defender and has always been, don't even bother. (I fail to see how this thread's premise is either coercive, or fallacious?)

By the same token, though, I do have both very high hopes, and very grave misgivings about Star Citizen.

The No Man's Sky débacle is still all too fresh in my mind, and no doubt in the minds of many.

For damned sure, Chris Roberts ain't getting a penny from me until first full public Beta at the absolute earliest. I was playing the living Hell out of the first Wing Commander game when it was current, and ll its sequels/derivatives (Privateer, FTW!) but my melancholic (lol, if not outright mawkish) nostalgia isn't going to make a game in development Hell get out of it any faster.

Edited by midianlord

When it comes right down to it:

BioWare needs to be completely removed from the development of this game, or anything even remotely "MMO"-like.

Since day-1, they have forced their narrow vision --mechanically, an on-rails corridor-adventure RPG and no more-- on everything, whilst refusing to learn anything. They lie, they manipulate, they string along, they use incompetents with no vision or artistic integrity to force everything/everyone into the same, narrow, fundamentally incompatible with MMOs vision, and oh mustn't forget:

Cash shop, cash shop, cash shop, more cash shop! The panacea for all their 100% self-inflicted ills!

Do your part and BUY MOAR NAO to

SAVE TEH GAEM!!!111oneoneeleven!

They got it wrong from the very start, and more to the point, refused to learn from this, so it's time to replace them with someone who can at least try to do it right.

(At the very minimum: If they're going to blindly copy WoW, then at least get people who understand what the Hell it is they're blindly copying, and why it works, without going through all the same mistakes that the originators actually learnt from! Gods, the Dunning-Kruger Effect, it's over 9000...:( )

Fullstop/end-of, BW does not deserve another chance to make an MMO, having conclusively proven that they can't.

Edited by midianlord

When it comes right down to it:

BioWare needs to be completely removed from the development of this game, or anything even remotely "MMO"-like.

Since day-1, they have forced their narrow vision --mechanically, an on-rails corridor-adventure RPG and no more-- on everything, whilst refusing to learn anything. They lie, they manipulate, they string along, they use incompetents with no vision or artistic integrity to force everything/everyone into the same, narrow, fundamentally incompatible with MMOs vision, and oh mustn't forget:

Cash shop, cash shop, cash shop, more cash shop! The panacea for all their 100% self-inflicted ills!

Do your part and BUY MOAR NAO to

SAVE TEH GAEM!!!111oneoneeleven!

They got it wrong from the very start, and more to the point, refused to learn from this, so it's time to replace them with someone who can at least try to do it right.

(At the very minimum: If they're going to blindly copy WoW, then at least get people who understand what the Hell it is they're blindly copying, and why it works, without going through all the same mistakes that the originators actually learnt from! Gods, the Dunning-Kruger Effect, it's over 9000...:( )

Fullstop/end-of, BW does not deserve another chance to make an MMO, having conclusively proven that they can't.

Honestly I think we are so close to a point of no return, that the only thing that can save this game from cancellation, or maintenance mode is a Final Fantasy style relaunch.

Edited by Darkside