KOTOR in SWTOR discussion

keetrazor

Is anyone else enjoying all of the KOTOR easter eggs and tributes? The convo style is kinda annoying, but stuff like "The Mysterious Stranger" and the KOTOR armor sets are really fun to play with. Anyway, this thread is for discussing and reveling in all of the nostalgia. What easter eggs have you found? Tributes? It would be awesome to hear about all of them :)

No specific easter eggs, but Taris as a whole is a master piece of sadness for me. The holo logs of those people. :'-(

Wonderful!

I ran through KOTOR twice, once before I ever played SWTOR and once last year.

I'm no emo teenager but Taris in SWTOR broke my heart. I completed everything there as both Republic and Imperial characters. Everything else was bad enough, but the logs of the chosen people were so in contrast with a make-believe happy-ending and so believably devoid of hope that it left a lasting impression. A success in story-telling; one that is not replicated often enough through SWTOR.

No specific easter eggs, but Taris as a whole is a master piece of sadness for me. The holo logs of those people. :'-(

Wonderful!

Yeah it was kind of heartbreaking to find out what became of the outcasts. But I enjoyed going to the crashed wreckage of the Endar Spire and hearing the original KOTOR character creation music playing.

The holo-statues on Corellia of your crew from KOTOR was really cool too. I'm a huge KOTOR nerd so for me the more KOTOR the better.

Yeah it was kind of heartbreaking to find out what became of the outcasts. But I enjoyed going to the crashed wreckage of the Endar Spire and hearing the original KOTOR character creation music playing.

The holo-statues on Corellia of your crew from KOTOR was really cool too. I'm a huge KOTOR nerd so for me the more KOTOR the better.

I played through KOTOR and KOTOR 2 as well, and Taris is just a beehive of nostalgia. I agree with you 100000%

Imagine running into a rusty T3-M4 someday!

After all HK 47 made it to the present era and was even revived by Malgus...

It's a shame that T3

was blown into little pieces by Vitiate 300 years before SWTOR, right?

And Endar Spire in SWTOR is kind of a retcon, isn't it? 'Cause I recall it getting destroyed over Taris' orbit in the beginning of KOTOR

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

Taris is amazing, both imp and pub. The Endar Spire wreck was a severe geek nostalgia moment for me.

Someday, I hope they add Dantooine and Onderon/Dxun for some more nostalgia.

One notable missing character I haven't run in to references to is Visas. anyone ever run across anything about her? I assume there must be a holostatue somewhere.

One notable missing character I haven't run in to references to is Visas. anyone ever run across anything about her? I assume there must be a holostatue somewhere.

Some have assumed that a Miraluka Jedi named Adeline Marr (the one you encounter at the finale of BH Chapter II) is a descendant of Visas, but it wasn't confirmed and probably never will be. :(

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

Some have assumed that a Miraluka Jedi named Adeline Marr (the one you encounter at the finale of BH Chapter II) is a descendant of Visas, but it wasn't confirmed and probably never will be. :(

I really hope BW keeps up the trend of KOTOR themes like that. Really makes us geek out :p

Yeah I love the kotor references and cameos from revan and the exile to bastilia having her image in the consulars holocrons.

Taris was both great and sad, I enjoyed the endar spire but seeing what happened to the people I sent to the promised land brought a tear to my eye, there is only one other game that has ever reduced me to tears.

I hope to see some other kotor references in future and maybe some planets from kotor and KOTORII that swtor has yet to go to (properly that is I don't count mannan in that since it's just a FP)

I hope to see some other kotor references in future and maybe some planets from kotor and KOTORII that swtor has yet to go to (properly that is I don't count mannan in that since it's just a FP)

Same. I really hope they add dantooine and Malachor, Kashyyyk, and Lehon. It would add waves of nostalgia and (if they pulled it off as a main story instead of FP) more than enough hours of juicy story.

Taris is amazing, both imp and pub. The Endar Spire wreck was a severe geek nostalgia moment for me.

Someday, I hope they add Dantooine and Onderon/Dxun for some more nostalgia.

Indeed, Dantooine would rock. And pls not as small as Manaan. ^^

But I fear stuff like that won't happen. I had high hopes some years ago, but the direction the game has taken, doesn't seem to imply, that we will get a major planet ever again and surely not one based on/caused by Kotor nostalgia. :-/

I guess for next holidays I should plan a full Kotor I run, followed by a Kotor II+Restored Content Mod one.

The only Kotor reference I didn't really like, was the biggest possible reference... Revan himself. :-X

There was so much more potential to make this more emotional. Imagine a scene of Revan visiting Bastilas grave after realising how wrong he was (again -___-'). He didn't even show the slightest interest in his heritage.

What was my (Revan's) whole redemption story for, if he returns as a blinded lunatic repeating all his mistakes again 300 years later? Kinda killed what I believed to be the character that I played.

The only Kotor reference I didn't really like, was the biggest possible reference... Revan himself. :-X

There was so much more potential to make this more emotional. Imagine a scene of Revan visiting Bastilas grave after realising how wrong he was (again -___-'). He didn't even show the slightest interest in his heritage.

What was my (Revan's) whole redemption story for, if he returns as a blinded lunatic repeating all his mistakes again 300 years later? Kinda killed what I believed to be the character that I played.

I definitely agree. They ruined Revan entirely. They should have had some nod to Bastilla Shan, or have Satele feel some force connection to Revan. *facepalm* Another classic BW failure

For me the Republic Taris Planetary Quest Line and te Republic Taris Side Quests are better than KOTFE and KOTET! :o

Taris has so much KOTOR Nostalgia with a wunderful ambience Music. Every Time i come with one Twink to Taris i make all Quests an listen to the Story. Never Ending Content for me. :D But every Tiime im done with the Quests feel a Little bit sad, because of the fate of Taris.

Sry for my bad English

It's a shame that T3

was blown into little pieces by Vitiate 300 years before SWTOR, right?

And Endar Spire in SWTOR is kind of a retcon, isn't it? 'Cause I recall it getting destroyed over Taris' orbit in the beginning of KOTOR

Damn, didn't know about that.

True

Though you could argue the big jedi mind trick messed up his mind good... not to mention 300 years sharing a skull with Vitiate.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Though you could argue the big jedi mind trick messed up his mind good... not to mention 300 years sharing a skull with Vitiate.

Probably did. I still feel a lil dissapointed with how he turned out :confused: I ready the Revan book, and I think that if Revan met Scourge it would be amazing.

Actually Revan kind of did remember his legacy.

Even the dark Revan had kind of a moment with Theron - sure, he tortured him, but he still mentioned it.

All the same I actually liked SoR. The ending gave you a wistful, thoughtful Revan. I just hope they keep him gone though. Enough is enough.

The thing that disappointed me was the light treatment of Meetra Surik. KotOR II (with restored content mod) was so much deeper than KotOR and so ripe for pulling stories from.

Edited by stoopicus

Actually Revan kind of did remember his legacy.

Even the dark Revan had kind of a moment with Theron - sure, he tortured him, but he still mentioned it.

All the same I actually liked SoR. The ending gave you a wistful, thoughtful Revan. I just hope they keep him gone though. Enough is enough.

The thing that disappointed me was the light treatment of Meetra Surik. KotOR II (with restored content mod) was so much deeper than KotOR and so ripe for pulling stories from.

The problem is I don't think the cut content is official so to speak. Meaning, if it wasn't in the game it doesn't count. Otherwise, I agree, KOTOR 2 had deeper meaning than the first, even though I preferred the first game.

The problem is I don't think the cut content is official so to speak. Meaning, if it wasn't in the game it doesn't count. Otherwise, I agree, KOTOR 2 had deeper meaning than the first, even though I preferred the first game.

Mind games = Chris Avellone.

If you never played Planescape: Torment, try it !

I agree with everything said here. I guess my biggest disappointment tho was Revan not responding in any fashion to Scourge. A simple "don't trust him, he betrayed me" line would have been great.

Hell yeah. The only thing I was satisfied with Scourge and that was ages ago is when you meet Lord Praven again on Corellia - if you do.

Edited by BenduKundalini

I agree with everything said here. I guess my biggest disappointment tho was Revan not responding in any fashion to Scourge. A simple "don't trust him, he betrayed me" line would have been great.
I'm sure it was a timing thing but the devs really dropped the ball on both Scourge and Keira. They could still do something with them but how do you not include them in everything from SoR to KOTET? They were directly tied to the emperor.