The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will the Devs address the blatant balance issue in pve and pvp.

Gramm

/signed . Class Balance is a mess. ESP. Sorcs suck. They hit like a wet noodle.

That is the funniest thing I have read today.

Hit like a wet noodle.

I tried PVP for the first time on my sorc and I was out before the first match was over. It was not fun.

As for unbalance, I also just love going into a wz and being told to 'get gud' by a merc. Especially when I am a mara. Like, yes...I will get right on that. *makes merc* I am soooo good now.

I hope for the day they nerf mercenaries/commandos to see how the players who thought so highly of themselves handle the reality.

Swtor is an MMO so pvp and pve in the game is a must. When 5.0 launched its arguably the most unbalanced the game has ever been. In pvp Mercs/mandos are running around with 3 or 4 lives while doing decent dmg. Snipers are 100-0ing people in seconds if allowed. Sorc how ever been leaning on the above average side of the power spectrum for 2 expansions have been shafted besides the healing sorc. Operatives are even worse now than dps sorcs.

Keep in mind I'm strictly going with pvp I have very little knowledge besides what I read on forums and what players are saying in game about pve.

The Devs have been quite for some time about re balancing or even solving the issue of balancing pve and pvp separately. All they have shown is fixing a few bugs here and there and adding new cartel packs. PVE hasn't received a new operation in 2 and a half years. PVP hasn't seen a new and interesting game mode/map since Odesson and I'll point out a lot of players hate that map. Re-balancing characters and their respective specs don't happen till a new expansion is released and that can't happen any longer. As if your madness sorc, concealment operative, or a Powertech that got shafted in 5.0 and is considered nonviable by the majority of the community well guess what you have a whole year of being a crutch or useless spec.

All we ask is some word or confirmation that this is being discussed and addressed and what the Devs have come up with as possible fixes or solutions to these problems.

We love the story so far is great, but for an MMO we want group content to enjoy with friends not a single player experience where we spend $15 a month to enjoy by ourselves.

They'll answer it 30 February

In other words, maybe BW doesn't care if PvP'ers quit - small loss. :)

You know, you're really bad at guessing. You should just stop.

You don't need to speculate about the number of PvPers. A cursory examination of the leaderboards will give you an idea for the number of toons, which is proportional to the number of players. They are marked at 50 per page. On Harby, for solo ranked only, for Season 8 alone, I just got tired clicking through page 50 (the first 2500) and noticed that some people on that page had been ranked as low as 8900. The page list goes to page 624 (though that page did not populate when I clicked it).

There are thousands of active PvP players, on Harby alone. The numbers above are just solo ranked. Ranked is just a small subset of PvP.

To contrast that, how many people do you think are left actively running endgame ops?

Wait, I just asked you to guess about something.

Please don't.

Edited by stoopicus

I know for PVE atm it is pretty balanced, it all depends on the player. I have a 70 Immortal Jugg with 110k hp, and I can solo vetran FP's with a healing comp. Overall, Operative is ****** as always in PVE, Mercs are pretty good, Mara's are like walking lightsaber blenders, Assasins are mediocre, Sorcs are too squishy imho. I know when I am doing group FP's on my jugg with a sorc in the group, i usually turn around and see him almost dead. Overall that is the only issue I see.

I know for PVE atm it is pretty balanced, it all depends on the player. I have a 70 Immortal Jugg with 110k hp, and I can solo vetran FP's with a healing comp. Overall, Operative is ****** as always in PVE, Mercs are pretty good, Mara's are like walking lightsaber blenders, Assasins are mediocre, Sorcs are too squishy imho. I know when I am doing group FP's on my jugg with a sorc in the group, i usually turn around and see him almost dead. Overall that is the only issue I see.

Are you guarding him? :)