The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Possible Solution for galactic command

toomanyluigis

Ok so we all hate the rng with GC and while the 350% bonus cxp is making the grind more bearable its still down to luck. So I have come up with a system that may make it easier for people to gain gear while still being luck based.

I call it the "Vigor System"

Basically, we keep the system the way it is, however a second bar would be added with the cxp bar that would be called the "Vigor Bar".

(████████████████████████) -CXP

(████████████████████████)- Vigor

Basically, the vigor bar would be a mercy system that would fill up each time you open a command pack and you didn't get an end-game set bonus gear piece.

However, if you did get end-game set bonus gear piece, the bar would reset to 0, but should you be unlucky enough that the bar gets completely full, then the next pack you open would guarantee a end-game set bonus gear piece!

This mean that if luck wasn't on your side, you would still get guaranteed pieces of gear every few ranks and each progressing tier would take the bar longer to fill up.

The bar itself would NOT increase the chance of a piece dropping, it would just guarantee one when its full.

Using the 350% cxp going on at this time, the bar would fill up by an ammount based on your current tier:

Tier 1 (0-90) 25% vigor every pack

(██████|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||)-vigor

Tier 2 (91-181) 20% vigor every pack

(█████|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||)-vigor

Tier 3 (181-300)10% vigor every pack

(██||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||)-vigor

So every 4 levels at tier 1 would grant you at least 1 piece, every 5 levels for tier 2 and every 10 levels for tier 3.

What do you think? Is it a fix or too much?:rak_02:

Edited by toomanyluigis

It's a good idea, but it still doesn't address the possibility of duplicates. I think it would be easier to just have the crates drop universal, tier-specific gear tokens, 1 token redeemable for any gear piece from that tier. Disintegrations could generate token pieces, 10 token pieces = 1 gear token.

The fact that I have opened 25 boxes or so today and got duplicates of the same ear or iimplant or ****** 238 gear I do not need, and have not got a single piece of 242 setpiece gear (ive had to get the 2-3 pieces I do have with unassembled components) is complete bs. The only thing 5.1 has done is shown just how terrible RNG is. Open way more gamble boxes and get absolutely no gear worth using. Can't even do NiM ops to get the 242 gear I need cuz you cant get the gear you need to start progressing on it. This is the biggest piece of fail I have seen in a long time

:eek: This is actually a GREAT idea !!!! Kudos!!! Incredibly creative !

Also, the visuals help a lot with the green bars.

Plus, it brings back the "use a Force point" from tabletop Star Wars rpg !!!

:ph_use_the_force:

:cool:

I remember that! My D&D group never really got into it, but we played around with it a little bit. I think I still have the books around somewhere.

Edited by Kurj
Mistake

I remember that! My D&D group never really got into it, but we played around with it a little bit. I think I still have the books around somewhere.

Heh heh

It was a great game. I was GM :)

James Bond RPG also used a "heroic point". "A car comes from nowhere and takes the bullet that was going to crit on you!"

Speaking of the books, what a thrill it was to see the wheeled juggernaut vehicle from the Imperial Sourcebook in Rogue One! :cool:

OP : sorry for hijacking! Back to topic...

Edited by BenduKundalini

Heh heh

James Bond RPG also used a "heroic point". "A car comes from nowhere and takes the bullet that was going to crit on you!"

Speaking of the books, what a thrill it was to see the wheeled juggernaut vehicle from the Imperial Sourcebook in Rogue One! :cool:

hehe its all good, glad to see my idea is getting some approval :)

How to fix GC for raiders: Remove it from Raiding and bring back 3.0 loot drops where you get best gear from NiM only.

How to fix it for PvP: Make it like 3.3.

Keep the GC for casuals and gambling addicts for all I care but get that garbage out of Raiding and PvP.

The only "solution" here is full reversion, fullstop/end-of.

Anything else is just polishing a turd, so that a certain incompetent in Austin can look good enough to his bosses to keep his job a few months longer.

Why continue to enable such arrogantly complacent incompetence and the resulting mediocrity that we get to pay for?

A polished turd smells just as bad as an un-polished one.

This could be good if you want to get full set for all 3 disciplines.

What would be the point to get full set for all disciplines in tier 1? When you can get to tier 3 in almost no time and then have a system that guarantees a set pieces every now and then.

Especially since tier 1 (230) isn't required for anything. Story ops have bolster and you get 230 there anyway.

In most cases HM FPs can be two manned in 224s (dps) and 228/230s (tank). Only few bosses require better gear/more people.

Edited by Halinalle

Way too much. Putting CXP as the primary means of getting BiS will mean that PvE farming will have the potential to be more rewarding than PvE raiding or PvP.

I have no issues with guaranteeing T1 sets via crates, but that's it.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Way too much. Putting CXP as the primary means of getting BiS will mean that PvE farming will have the potential to be more rewarding than PvE raiding or PvP.

I have no issues with guaranteeing T1 sets via crates, but that's it.

Honestly its not that much different to what we have atm, and this 350% cxp event isnt going to last forever

Heh heh

That wheel juggernaut was from episode 3 revenge of the sith on the wookiee planet. Which they got the idea from the original rpg imp source book. Then rogue one added it to connect with the prequel era.

I don't think the solution is to add more bars and even more mechanics to an already trash system.

We had something like this in Star Wars Galaxies at one point though. When you had to go to The Force Village to unlock Jedi we had an added Skill stat called Luck. It was never fully explained to the players but was suppose to do things like give you better rolls for loot and things.

I mean, if they wanted to add a stat like that? What the hell, we can call it Vigor as per your example even. However, I'm still of a mind of just eliminate this gearing system altogether and go back to the way it was. Literally the only thing that would make it better is that. They tried to reinvent the speeder so to speak. Or, in other terms... don't fix a droid that isn't broken.

Another post suggested a guaranteed item for every 10 Cmd Ranks but I don't like that either.

As is, they're already somewhat reverting back to include how we had it before anyway and that really is the right solution here. For an mmorpg you want end game gearing to be an effort and not just solo play. You kill that as this RNG crap has... you take away a reason for several players to play or even participate. I think the dislike for this unneeded change has already spoken for itself though.

When you have a system that, after you hit Rank 300 and every single box you open has been a duplicate of the same either ear piece, implant, or chest piece, and im talking 40-50 crates now where ive gotten the same exact purple or blue implant or ear or chest, and are still missing multiple actual set pieces that are still at 230 or 236, the system is a pile of junk. There should be some sort of check to ensure that isnt happening. Everytime I open a crate, I almost want to place bets on which of those 3 items I am going to pull this time.