The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reached GC Rank 300. No 242s.

mike_carton

Given how often the data mined content has proven accurate and how shabbily the paying customers are being treated, I think people are justified in ignoring the "discouraged" part. Obviously, any dumping of large cache of data mined info would be unwise as it is likely to attract swift retribution.

There are no BoL pieces in crates with item modifications also present. The ugly, useless empty shells are BoL though. You could pull the item modifications from the armor you get and put them in BoL shells and pass on to alts. However, only identical and mirror image alts would benefit from the set bonus.

Right, yeah, that was my understanding too. Except the alts would not get the set bonus as that goes with the shell+armoring.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its like OP doesnt know what he is talking about......cause he doesnt.

242 is not a regular gear tier. Your not supposed to be in all 242 LEGENDARY gear. Your supposed to have a few at best. 240 is the current max gear tier that you can actually get a full set of until 5.2 adds another tier.

Before you run off to WoW just know they have the same system in place with special legendary gear that you can only ever wear two of at a time.

SWTOR haters tears as sooo delicious. I love it.

242 is BiS. I had BiS on most of my toons due to NiM in 4.0 and in 3.0 half my toons in BiS in the same amount of time. Now none have BiS and now I spend most of my time in FF where garbage players aren't rewarded gear from a cash grab gambling but too good players using skill. Oh and it has 10x players and content, and cross server. LUL

Discussion of datamined content on the forums is discouraged. Was this finally announced though? I saw someone else referring to it.

Also, none of those pieces are BoL yet so what is the upgrade path for alts?

Your tank main already has a 242 main hand, but your DPS main doesn't. You could, if Tier 4 gear arrives and follows the same logic, upgrade the 242 tank piece into a 248 DPS piece and transfer the mods to your DPS main through a legacy shell.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Your tank main already has a 242 main hand, but your DPS main doesn't. You could, if Tier 4 gear arrives and follows the same logic, upgrade the 242 tank piece into a 248 DPS piece and transfer the mods to your DPS main through a legacy shell.

Ahh, ok. The mods and hilt, sure. I thought you meant the shell. Glad I wasn't missing something there.

Ahh, ok. The mods and hilt, sure. I thought you meant the shell. Glad I wasn't missing something there.

Armorings too, you can upgrade duplicates into a shell of a different class. Still pricey, but it's reliable.

While you can't transfer the shell itself, it's meaningless once UC's are legacy bound.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Yeah, components going to legacy is going to be huge. Really looking forward to 5.1.2.

That's just one piece of the puzzle. The second piece is the weekly UC rewards, which will likely make PvP with alts one of the most efficient ways to gear up your main. Which is a huge improvement.

Get extra 240's with your main, pass them/craft them to your alts. Use alts to complete pvp weeklies for components, upgrade from 240's to 242's on your main.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Weekly and daily rewards (to make the second daily worthwhile) would help. I still think getting UC for disintegrations rather than CXP would be a win too.

I'd be wary of that, as it could enable CXP farming methods to compete with Operations/PvP/GSF for gearing.

Let's say you get three CXP levels and 20 UC's for an hour of PvP'ing, that's 26 UC's and 3 crate rolls for a fun but challenging activity.

Now let's say you farm Chapter 1 and get 10 levels an hour, that's 20 UC's and 10 crate rolls for a boring but easy activity.

Also as I said in the other thread I don't like encouraging players to disintegrate their gear instead of getting slight upgrades or giving it to alts. Just give it per rank/crate automatically without disintegration.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Yeah, components going to legacy is going to be huge. Really looking forward to 5.1.2.

This is not happening in 5.1.2

At the end of the post discussing 5.1.2, they made a generic statement saying they'll look into it for a future patch; so, there's been some optimistic interpretation that this will be in 5.1.2. At the link above, scroll down to "In the future" section.

I reached GC rank 300 two days ago without having received any 242 armor piece. I have not been able to bring myself to play the game since then. The subscription is ending in 4 days and I'm conflicted about renewing. While I will likely do so at the last minute, it will only be because I like the Star Wars IP.

But this post is not about that. It is about the idea that Galactic Command is the primary means of gearing. It is about the argument that PvP and Ops are supplementary means that can be useful in filling specific gaps in gear. These statements will only make sense if one is able to actually gear oneself through the Galactic Command system. If I received say 10 pieces, I could try to do Ops to get the Tier 1 or Tier 2 unassembled gear and use the unassembled components from doing some PvP to upgrade them. This'd require some serious PvP, but at least it is doable; the required Command Tokens from the Command Crates would not be a problem either. But if I have to get all 14 pieces from Ops and PvP, that means the Galactic Command is just a waste of time after rank 101 (You need 615 command tokens at most to get Tier 3 gear, which you'll receive by rank 101.) Getting all gear using only unassembled components requires over 6,000 of them; even if one got all gear pieces at 236 rating from HM Ops, upgrading them to 242 will still require nearly 3,000 unassembled components. Neither is a realistic option for most players; certainly not for me. Much of this has been discussed in other posts.

The biggest fallout is how demotivating and demoralizing this whole enterprise is.

Did I miss the memo that stated that anything other than 242 items are useless junk, suitable only for disintegration fodder?

That seems to be a common thread in all these complaints about the GC system--the fact that the individual player complaining is not fully 242 BiS.

The last time I checked, a given item did not have to be a perfectly itemized 242 item to be anything other than "utter garbage, suitable only for disintegration".

Is the system perfect? No. IMO, it definitely needs some adjustments.

Do we need a return to the light speed, easy mode, loot pinata gearing that was 4.0? Not IMO.

Frankly - I don't see a problem with that. People can always find ways to farm gear in boring but sort of lucrative ways. if there is serious worry about ops not being rewarding enough then that's something that can and should be addressed separately.

All bosses drop specific tokens 100% of the time based on difficulty. Just make EV and KP drop 240 except final boss is 236. That's how you fix Ops. Because right now the drop rates unless you are lucky are pitiful especially if you are doing NiM since only Apex bosses drop loot.

That seems to be a common thread in all these complaints about the GC system--the fact that the individual player complaining is not fully 242 BiS.

Not fully 242 Bis --Versus -- Reached GC Rank 300. No 242s

These things are completely different.

I got my first 242 from a command crate yesterday, i've opened over 200 tier 3 crates (it's tough to keep track 120 crates from 181-300 then you just keep dinging 300 over and over its hard to remember without writing down, which I didn't. But even at an average of 10 per day, i'm somewhere around 220-230 tier 3 crates)

The RNG gearing method is not a gearing method it's a gearing crap shoot. And crap is mostly what you get. Crates of Crap!