About PvP in general...Bioware plz read it

teslarangerbbc

Sup I'm new to the game like 7 days or so i leveled up a juggernaut mainly to focus on the pvp aspect of the game.The spec i picked up is vengeance.I have to mention i used to subscribe to WoW till last year and i have been gladiator in the game twice which is the highest competitve title in the game.After playing SWTOR i noticed a couple of things:1)no macros are avaliable which is a HUGE letdown since the game is up for 4 years and major tasks like healing or focus target(which exists in the game but has the unbelievably moronic style of having to cast the modifier+click instead of only the modifier),also there is no proper targeting for arena matches like target 1 2 3 which i dunno turns u to a clicker for no apparent reason having to constantly click since tab ofc at pvp is ridiculous(at high level),but mainly the problem is the lack of macros,i mean come on...it makes the game unplayable almost 2)In addition,despite the fact that i like a lot ur class ideas and there are multiple windows for micro-management of offensive rotation which WoW lacks since 2011,theres still incredible imbalance between the classes.For instance juggernaut vengeance is utter garbage in pvp it dies incredibly fast and by no way can it compete with other classes like mercenary(Which can down to 50% my class in 6 secs and also heal to eternity or something)and also healing is way upscaled to the point that it feels like u have to race against bulletproof enemies since they can easily negate even a tactical burst.In 1v1 there is no way one can down a healer with the latter just spamming 1 2 3.It's irritating and really kills the competitivity,turns the game to a kind of a laidback status like full casual pvp and that's easily reflected on the few arenas i did which people literaly rushed in just tunneling one target whole fight maybe click-swapping to another close target when their first one was away/los.Enabling macros(especialy mouseover) and modifying the classes' damage/healing and TESTING reguraly about the status of them would rly make the game shine in its way and im saying this cause i like the general idea presented and want to see PvP out of stagnation that it's clearly has taken hold of.THanks:)

Juggernauts are not in the best spot right now but far from utter garbage...learn to play your class/spec first, learn its weaknesses and strengths in pvp, have an understanding on how other classes/specs work. Saying things like this after only a week of playing the game is like "eh my position/job in the company is not good enough, can i get a higher position/better paid job cause i feel like it even though i am the new guy and i do not deserve it?" I mean you are not completely wrong there is much left to be desired in pvp but come on , you are here for only a week.

Juggernauts are not in the best spot right now but far from utter garbage...learn to play your class/spec first, learn its weaknesses and strengths in pvp, have an understanding on how other classes/specs work. Saying things like this after only a week of playing the game is like "eh my position/job in the company is not good enough, can i get a higher position/better paid job cause i feel like it even though i am the new guy and i do not deserve it?" I mean you are not completely wrong there is much left to be desired in pvp but come on , you are here for only a week.

Juggs are #8 (by a wide margin) in solo ranked performance and that's the only remotely objective stat we have on class balance at the moment. I don't know about "garbage" but in competitive play they are very arguably the worst class to use.

Edited by Savej

Juggs are #8 (by a wide margin) in solo ranked performance and that's the only remotely objective stat we have on class balance at the moment. I don't know about "garbage" but in competitive play they are very arguably the worst class to use.

Yeah sadly there's no way to objectively rank usefulness in regs so that is all we have to go on. Juggs are actually not weak in regs at all, and can wreck face on some maps (OPG, Voidstar, Novarre, etc - I'm frequently in the top two or three for damage/kills/objectives on those with my Jugg. 'Sin tanks are great there too, amazing on those maps.)

Yeah sadly there's no way to objectively rank usefulness in regs so that is all we have to go on. Juggs are actually not weak in regs at all, and can wreck face on some maps (OPG, Voidstar, Novarre, etc - I'm frequently in the top two or three for damage/kills/objectives on those with my Jugg. 'Sin tanks are great there too, amazing on those maps.)

Purely anecdotal - I top the charts on my guardian all the time, too. And I see lots of guardians/juggs -not- topping the damage charts. Also, I often see mercs, sins, snipers, etc, topping the charts. And when I play my sentinel guess what happens? (I've played all classes but not in 5.0)

There are -lots- more variables in regs than there are in ranked. The spreads in player skill/attention, who's trying, gear, strategies, premades and class matchups are much much greater in regs. It's much easier there to do well with any class for at least a few games regardless of how good it may be when any number of other factors are heavily in your favor. Ranked is much closer to a "class balance laboratory" than regs and we have the results of 10s of thousands of games at our fingertips.

Edited by Savej

Arenas are a bit of the tail wagging the dog, though. A class doing poorly in arenas may simply indicate that a Team Deathmatch style fight on a map with LOS issues is maybe not their strong point. In my experience in Arenas Juggs simply don't have time to have much impact as they are generally focused first. They can't be ignored because of Guard and Intimidating Roar, but they are squishy enough to go down fast under focused fire compared with (say) a 'sin tank. So, everyone burns the Jugguardians down first, often before they even hit 100k damage of their own.

Contrast that with objective maps, where (as you say) there's a lot more variables in play, and the story is different.