The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Command isn't that bad and i'm enjoying it

fushnchips

If you don't like a thread don't read it simple no body is forcing you to read anything on the forums but to label people as White Knights & Trolls really isn't fair is it ? does that make you one of the above that you hate so much ?

Some people just care about having their opinions validated, reasonable discussion and debate isn't on their menu.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see this post I want to tell the op that if they live it so muvh then they can level my 4 level 70s to 300 :p gc is so great that I take mandatory breaks away from the game. I can't play the game the way I want. I feel like I need to always be doing the best possible thing to level gc and gear.

Pointing out obvious hypocrisy? Nope, never can....

Yeah but you weren't. You were pointing out an obvious fact that literally no one has ever argued against and is in fact part of the problem (in that yeah, some people have good luck too. Because it's random, and statistically it is probable that some randos will have a good experience, while others won't. Which is kind of the whole point about why this is an abomination as a primary loot system but fine as a bonus system.)

There is no hypocrisy in someone pointing out they have had bad luck with this system simply because other internet randos have good luck with this system. The problem is it is luck based at all.

Meanwhile, the post you presumably thought was hypocritical was attacking the "I got mine so this system is fine" attitude you see in some posts. Are you implying that isn't there? Because if so I would suggest you revisit that :)

Edited by stoopicus

Cool story bro. You have your gear, so obviously the system is perfect and no one else can possibly be having terrible luck, right? Everyone else's results MUST be just like yours despite the RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR system governing gear, right?!

Your statement epitomizes the "**** you, got mine" selfish mentality of the EAWare white knight perfectly. You're also terrible at math and at understanding how probability works.

Just /ignore list him, like I have, and I've no doubt others.

That type can't be reasoned with, because they refuse to be; They got theirs, and screw everyone else.

I game to get away from, among others, that type, but more and more MMOs are doing everything they can to encourage more of them. Let's turn a game into a job where some become "haves" through sheer luck, and everyone else gets to not only "not have," but spend their increasingly miserable existences working harder, for less, so those who already "won" (again, through sheer arbitrary luck) can keep "winning."

There is already a blatantly pay-to-win MMORPG out there that does this, it's called Life Itself, but at least I don't have to subscribe for that privilege.

(Oh, and his attempts to incite a flame-war are pathetically obvious...Maybe I should have reported as well as ignored? That's supposed to be against the rules around here, but as everyone knows, defenders get more equality before the rules than the rest of us. More disgusting RL crap that I can't get away from in this game, anymore.)

There is already a blatantly pay-to-win MMORPG out there that does this, it's called Life Itself, but at least I don't have to subscribe for that privilege.

HumbleBundle messed up gamers really badly. Ten games for 0,01$ spoiled everyone.

Games or gaming aren't privilege.

Btw, I'm not saying it's perfect. But to say "it's impossible to get gear" is just pure lie.

"But I shouldn't have to do ops to get gear!"

Well, you had to do ops in old system if you wanted good gear. ENDURANCE is useless to healers and dds.

Edited by Halinalle

Yeah yeah second forum post I read today and I'm lazy etc.

Some WK in another thread was talking about it too.

Said WK should not have been discussing that topic because.... reasons.

Yeah but you weren't. You were pointing out an obvious fact that literally no one has ever argued against and is in fact part of the problem (in that yeah, some people have good luck too. Because it's random, and statistically it is probable that some randos will have a good experience, while others won't. Which is kind of the whole point about why this is an abomination as a primary loot system but fine as a bonus system.)

There is no hypocrisy in someone pointing out they have had bad luck with this system simply because other internet randos have good luck with this system. The problem is it is luck based at all.

Meanwhile, the post you presumably thought was hypocritical was attacking the "I got mine so this system is fine" attitude you see in some posts. Are you implying that isn't there? Because if so I would suggest you revisit that :)

The hypocrisy comes from those who've had bad luck, or those who refuse to even attempt because they assume they'll have bad luck, accuse those who have had good luck of white knighting, bashing those who've had bad luck, or in some truly baffling cases, of being the devs themselves, then turning around and act offended by a dissenting opinion. The pure infantile hostility I've seen in this thread toward the OP, who kindly asked that the thread be kept positive, is frankly embarrassing. Seeing the open hostility toward someone who's enjoying the game makes me ashamed to call myself a SWTOR player. At no point did the OP, or anyone else who has defended GC ever attack it's opponents with such vitriol as that which I've seen GC's opponents attack it's defenders. Any perception of hostility towards yourself is purely your own imagination, or a made-up justification to attack them for having the audacity to disagree with you.

It's time to stop. You've all turned this into yet another whine thread about a system you don't even have to use. Did you all already forget about the unassembled components/gear pieces? I mean, you yourself stoopicus wisely pointed out how backwards the intended methods of gearing are, and you've already forgotten you have other means to acquire your gear. You have the option to treat GC crates as a bonus system as you say.

That's right, we should all just be complacent, good little BioDrones.

But then, this attitude is all too typical of those who have things they didn't actually earn. (No, "getting lucky" =/= "fairly earning". It just doesn't.)

Grow a spine, and get over yourself, for Gods' sakes...

Wow if someone gets crates they earned what ever is in those crates and that's a fact I have done my fair share of earning stuff in this game and this time around trying the crates thing it's fun in a way but harping on about this and that you don't know half of the people who post in this thread or what they have done in this game some might seem like White Knights as you call them but that is very far from the truth.

Maybe some of us are sick of the toxic side of the community that is doing more damage to the game than command crates that I enjoy farming and having a good laugh at what's in them.

Wow if someone gets crates they earned what ever is in those crates and that's a fact I have done my fair share of earning stuff in this game and this time around trying the crates thing it's fun in a way but harping on about this and that you don't know half of the people who post in this thread or what they have done in this game some might seem like White Knights as you call them but that is very far from the truth.

Maybe some of us are sick of the toxic side of the community that is doing more damage to the game than command crates that I enjoy farming and having a good laugh at what's in them.

Punctuation: Use it.

2/10.

Next!

E:

Ben? Is that you?

Edited by midianlord

That's right, we should all just be complacent, good little BioDrones.

Maybe Master will give us a treat --isn't that prospect Exciting?

You have alternatives, which "Master" gave you, yet you choose to keep complaining about a system you no longer have to use.

The ones who've had good luck --by their word at least-- are bashing the rest of us, they're just not being explicit about it.

But you don't have to actually say anything explicitly to rub someone's face in crap. "I got mine, so screw you." That's the entire premise that informs everything they say, and yes, that is "bashing" when the people who haven't gotten as lucky have worked just as hard to try the same BS dice-throw.

Sounds like a you problem i.e. you're choosing to take someone else's good luck as a personal attack.

But then, this attitude is all too typical of those who have things they didn't actually earn. (No, "getting lucky" =/= "fairly earning". It just doesn't.)

Ah, here we have the root of the problem. It's not the RNG aspect of GC that you object to, it's the fact that everyone has the opportunity to get good gear, not just those who raid. You believe that grinding Heroics or Starfighter or Flashpoints qualifies less than grinding Operations. Your elitism is showing :rolleyes:

There's at least one in this very thread whom I'm very, very close to hitting the "report" button on --something I usually almost never even consider doing (I'm a trucker IRL, thick skin is a mandatory condition of employment)-- who has been doing just that for multiple pages in this thread, and many others.

Again, interpreting someone else's good luck is not a personal attack, even if you choose to interpret it that way.

But I notice you're never going after them for their obvious attempts to start fights left, right, and centre, because they're saying something you agree with.

Wrong. I'm not going after them because they did nothing to offend me. Fight your own battles.

One really shouldn't accuse others of hypocrisy without a good, long self-reflect, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Done and done, found no hypocrisy in anything I've said. Moving on....

There is no positivity in this --or almost any other of its kind-- thread, because there is almost nothing positive about this travesty of a system, has that ever occurred to any of you? Ever?

The OP, and the person who's under your skin, are in fact demonstrating positivity. Isn't that what you find so offensive, the fact that others have succeeded where you've failed?

Has it also occurred to you that whilst one may have the right to ask for "positivity", that that's where it ends, and that if one invites public discourse, then one might just get some that they don't like. No "safe spaces" on the Internet, and certainly no right to demand that strangers make you one...sorry, but that's simply the way it works.

Actually, the OP was asking people to share tales of silly mistakes made while opening packs. I'm not certain anyone in this thread actually read past the title. Regardless, you could always just not post if you don't have anything constructive to add. Lord knows there are enough anti-GC threads already where you can vent and bash and curse the devs. But you saw someone actually enjoying something and you just HAD to come and stomp on it, because thats "simply the way it works".

Just because one has the right to be a jerk doesn't always mean one has to be.

Grow a spine, and get over yourself, for Gods' sakes...

Back at ya.

This new grind is great. They should introduce next tiers asap. But why stop with tier 4-5?

I think its good time to prepare community for later year updates with tier 6-7. By then everyone should be at Tier 5 with at least 20 alts and asking for more levels to grind. I would make tier 6-7 level requirement go up 2-3 times xp per level.

Very enjoyable system. This has long future i can forsee that.

The hypocrisy comes from those who've had bad luck, or those who refuse to even attempt because they assume they'll have bad luck, ...

What hypocrisy? Those that didn't leave already have lived the nightmare. Those with direct experience with the RNG are frustrated or know too many others that are frustrated to the point of leaving just like those who left on the prediction this system would be a disaster. This system is directly responsible for chasing people away. Network effects will cause others to leave.

Are you one of those pining for a private server? Well it looks like you're well on the way to having that wish granted. Even a skeleton crew ain't cheap. When Ben & Co. come to collect their salaries how do you plan to finance that?

This new grind is great. They should introduce next tiers asap. But why stop with tier 4-5?

I think its good time to prepare community for later year updates with tier 6-7. By then everyone should be at Tier 5 with at least 20 alts and asking for more levels to grind. I would make tier 6-7 level requirement go up 2-3 times xp per level.

Very enjoyable system. This has long future i can forsee that.

Can't wait to disintegrate a whole new tier of junk!

...It's time to stop. You've all turned this into yet another whine thread about a system you don't even have to use...

You're right. I don't have to use GC. I don't have to do anything here; however, the content that I did choose to use prior to GC was taken away at the same time, so I'm left with the replacement system.

Prior to GC, I never intentionally and repeatedly performed activities in game that I didn't want to do (grind) for Data Crystals - I just had fun playing as I wanted and happened to receive them. I liked taking my Data Crystals and purchasing what I wanted, whether it was an upgraded piece of gear or a top tier Companion Gift. I liked doing this.

I didn't change my play style for the new system - I don't grind for CXP, just like I didn't grind for Data Crystals. I play the game as I want and happen to receive CXP for some of the things I do. The difference is, in the whole 28 crates I've received since GC went live, they just don't have things in them that I would think of purchasing at the time. I mean, would I ever spend my Data Crystals on a schematic when I don't craft? Nope. Would I buy an implant before my chest piece? No. Would I ever buy Jawa Junk or a vanity bracer with basically no vanity graphic? Absolutely not. If I decide to keep something out of a crate, my typical reaction is, "eh... might as well keep this ear piece, I guess..." not, "sweet, got my chest piece or [insert item here that I want before other things]. The reality is, 95% of the time, I just get some CXP to put towards the next crate.

Here's how I see it: If I applied this same logic to the Data Crystal system I used before, I would take my Data Crystals, close my eyes, and blindly purchase random items from the vendors. I might keep one or two items and then I'll sell the rest back at a reduced rate and come back later when I earn more Data Crystals. And I'd be a *********** moron for it, too - I could have just opened my eyes and bought what I wanted. Who knows? Maybe when I opened my eyes and actually saw that I accidentally bought something I wanted, I'd be experiencing The Thrill of the Hunt™ that I keep hearing so much about.

I am not enjoying Galactic Command. I am highly dubious if I will ever escape the bondage of Tier 1.

My new gear grind is just to make credits on GTN. As they continue to release new tiers, I think prices will drop for 240s quite a bit. Then, I will buy 240s and be done with it until next expansion.

It's time to stop. You've all turned this into yet another whine thread about a system you don't even have to use. Did you all already forget about the unassembled components/gear pieces? I mean, you yourself stoopicus wisely pointed out how backwards the intended methods of gearing are, and you've already forgotten you have other means to acquire your gear. You have the option to treat GC crates as a bonus system as you say.

Just for the record I am actually having relatively good luck with the crates (and I haven't forgotten components). But my current lucky streak was after a long streak of bad luck. Which is the problem - it shouldn't be luck based at all, and the "backup" system is currently perhaps an order of magnitude too slow. I totally understand why people are frustrated and especially when someone claims the system is fine because they got theirs.

As you note all I want is for BW to wake up and realize they have the system inverted, that the crates are the secondary bonus system and the unassembled vendors are actually the primary system. Hopefully 5.1.2 is the start of that.

Agreed that people are generally very negative right now - too much so. But it's for a reason, and I can understand it.