The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

In desperate need of a Jedi armor set on par with Tulak Hord / Sith Recluse Sith sets

It seems like armor designers put very little thought and effort into Jedi sets. Most of them are poor, don't be affraid to admit it. There isn't a single Jedi set that is so desirable and attractive as the very popular and sought-after Tulak Hord set and Sith Recluse and are sold massive prices after they're gone from cartel market.

I am going to ask devs to put some heart into it and finally design a decent Jedi set that's not a lazy mess or something ruined by unecessary junk attached to armor and is as desirable and designed with passion as was Tulak Hord's set or Sith Recluse or even Unrelenting Terror. These sets do have something in them that invokes the spirit of the Sith. Many Jedi sets are very meh, designed with no thought and poorly invoke the Jedi spirit / archetype.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

It seems like armor designers put very little thought and effort into Jedi sets. Most of them are poor, don't be affraid to admit it. There isn't a single Jedi set that is so desirable and attractive as the very popular and sought-after Tulak Hord set and Sith Recluse and are sold massive prices after they're gone from cartel market.

I am going to ask devs to put some heart into it and finally design a decent Jedi set that's not a lazy mess or something ruined by unecessary junk attached to armor and is as desirable and designed with passion as was Tulak Hord's set or Sith Recluse or even Unrelenting Terror. These sets do have something in them that invokes the spirit of the Sith. Many Jedi sets are very meh, designed with no thought and poorly invoke the Jedi spirit / archetype.

Weren't you quitting the game, or at least unsubscribing? Shouldn't your sub be up by now?

Wasn't your last thread your "final request" for "traditional Jedi" armor?

Why should anyone expect that you will not find some minor flaw with whatever set they release and declare that set to be invalid and not "traditional Jedi" attire, as you have done with every other set released so far?

Edited by Ratajack

While Jedi gear that looks like the robes worn in the movies would be great, it isn't accurate to say that there are no Jedi sets as popular as the Sith Recluse or Tulak Hord sets. Satele's set is always on the first page of the GTN when sorted for most expensive items first, and the chest piece and boots from that set are among the most highly sought after CM items in the game. Edited by Aeneas_Falco

While Jedi gear that looks like the robes worn in the movies would be great, it isn't accurate to say that there are no Jedi sets as popular as the Sith Recluse or Tulak Hord sets. Satele's set is always on the first page of the GTN when sorted for most expensive items first, and the chest piece and boots from that set are among the most highly sought after CM items in the game.

But those are not EXACTLY what the OP wants, and therefore they cannot possibly be popular.

In the end, though, it really makes no difference, because the OP has found some minor flaw in each and every "Jedi" set that BW has introduced.

While Jedi gear that looks like the robes worn in the movies would be great, it isn't accurate to say that there are no Jedi sets as popular as the Sith Recluse or Tulak Hord sets. Satele's set is always on the first page of the GTN when sorted for most expensive items first, and the chest piece and boots from that set are among the most highly sought after CM items in the game.

I don't disagree with this, but I think most people would agree that the boots are sought after for female toons, jedi and sith alike. If there was a cheap cartel market re-skin armor set that had those same boots, I suspect that the satele set would drop in price.

However, the Sith Recluse and Tulak Hord armor sets are quite masculine and very sithy. It's not easy to make them look jedi like. A good masculine or sex neutral jedi armor set is needed to compete with those sets. The closest I can think of is the Temple Guardian, if you throw out the gloves and boots which ruin the set.