The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Snipers new FOTM??

Totemdancer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipers are strong. Yes.

But they are not so OP like mercs... especially the defs.

A merc can keep up a def rotation to survive longer as all other classes. With and without heal...

A sniper with all defs ready can survive 30 or 40 seconds... its important to be patient and use the stuns in the right moment. In stunlock no other class will die so fast as a sniper.

The real issue is the plasma field (1 skilltree).

8m range and no cooldown.

I don't understand this post. Are you saying those heals don't exist? They certainly do.

Snipers can accidentally do 1.5K HPS in solo ranked rounds by just doing their thing. I bet somebody's done 2K.

@OP

Snipers and mercs are both FOTM because they're both far harder to kill than they ought to be and solid offensively as well. I can only speak to Harbinger but mercs are blatantly more common here. It often feels like ~40% of all the DPS in the solo ranked queue are playing mercs.

My post about this was deleted; after work i will answer you, but i'm not saying they dont exist, the OP called those tics "sustancial healing capabilities"

I wouldn't put Mercs and snipers in the same box, they are far beyond beeing equal

Edited by Groncho

Snipers are strong. Yes.

But they are not so OP like mercs... especially the defs.

A merc can keep up a def rotation to survive longer as all other classes. With and without heal...

A sniper with all defs ready can survive 30 or 40 seconds... its important to be patient and use the stuns in the right moment. In stunlock no other class will die so fast as a sniper.

The real issue is the plasma field (1 skilltree).

8m range and no cooldown.

Both classes are glass cannons and should be treated as such there is no way at all these classes should survive better then melee.Dont matter if you are a sniper on here crying nerf merc not you, Both classes need to be fixed to be more inline with the rest .It is not a l2p issue when majority of wzs are infested with these fotms. It then becomes a i fail at swtor so gonna take the easy route, end of story.

Edited by falkron-kerupt

so u really play a sorc

i can understand u

it's ok

I agree with you that sniper is obviously not the best 1v1 class and I don't think sniper is OP in regs, however Sniper is obviously the best dps class in solo ranked. Merc is a close 2nd but sniper is stronger when in good hands.

Of course part of this is just the current meta. Mercs on the sniper's team make it hard to truly charge and sit on a sniper and mercs on the other team hate fighting a sniper.

On top of this, sniper has never been a very popular class regardless of strength and so most snipers don't have a lot of experience. This means the new snipers are just easy kills for the good ones but the good ones can offer some area denial to support the bad ones if on the same team.

Also, from my experience this season, the good snipers are now playing aggressively due to their new defensives. In the past snipers had their team set up in a good area and then often let the enemy come to them. However, this season the good snipers are often leading the charge as well as chasing down low hp players. A class with as much area denial as a sniper that can play aggressively is pretty strong in yolo.