Unassembled gear pieces, really?

Alex_York

Yep, that's how it works. You turn in the old (say, Tier 1) set piece plus a bunch of unassembled gear components to get an unassembled gear piece of the next Tier, and then turn in the unassembled gear piece plus command tokens to get the new (say, Tier 2) set piece.

If you never got the Tier 1 piece, you can buy Tier 1 unassembled pieces directly and turn them in to get the T1 gear, which you then turn in (again with unassembled components), to get the Tier 2 unassembled gear piece as usual. You buy the Tier 1 unassembled pieces with unassembled components as well.

Its the most ridiculous system I have ever seen, lol.

I had 3 set pieces by CR 25, got my fourth from components....buuut - I don't care. The set pieces are worse than the orange 230 drops, and the set bonuses are complete crap.

the set bonuses are the same as they've been for a long time now, and set pieces are definitely better than the orange pieces :rak_02:

the set bonuses are the same as they've been for a long time now, and set pieces are definitely better than the orange pieces :rak_02:

Orange 230's have higher stats than the 230 set pieces (at least the dps ones for scoundrel do), and all three tiers of the set bonus for dps Scoundrel are utter crap and completely useless.

It should be noted that I only have two 70's, the other being a Guardian, and I haven't done much at all on him, so I'm only familiar with what my Scoundrel is getting.

Edited by Vember

You're literally complaining that the items and/or mats you BOUGHT from the GTN can't be upgraded. Even in game money should never get you the best gear. Those crafted items are FILLER, while you wait to get the real pieces. You're phrasing it like those crafted items were forced on you. They're not.

If someone tossed their shells or left sides, and had experience playing vanilla or previous expansions, then that's their own fault. We all know how the system works, even when it hasn't yet been implemented in the current expansion.

The truly bad thing about the CXP was the massive grind, which made a little bit of bad luck ten times worse. Now that grind is easy. You don't like RNG? Try an operation. Takes a huge chunk out of RNG, because the people in the operation can distribute the loot based on what people need. You can even use your "pvp gear" for it now.

I'm not complaining about the items that can be bought or crafted but the 234 and 240 set and left side items that drop from the crates not being usable to upgrade to the next higher tier. There is a difference since the crate dropped items have a better stat allocation.

You can not use a crate dropped 234 relic, implant, ear, or set piece to upgrade to the next level. Nor can you use a 240 crate dropped item to upgrade to the 242. You have to use the 230 and 236 items to do so.

I used the command boost to try and get crates faster, and I saved up 20 crates, gained 2 levels while disintegrating crap and so i opened 22 crates , see what i got....

Dude! you got that legendary 250 gear piece you lucky PoS you!

your welcome for the views :p

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

I used the command boost to try and get crates faster, and I saved up 20 crates, gained 2 levels while disintegrating crap and so i opened 22 crates , see what i got....

Super lucky, I've opened like 60 crates so far since the patch, 0 keepers. Tempted to just discard the crates without opening them.

Well ,a lot of people are trying to grind out the levels, but what i am doing is to PvP as well to get the UCs, that way, I can upgrade to Tier 3 if i get a yellow piece in Tier 2. You limit the RNG with UCs. So, far 1 tier 3 Earpiece, could have a relic but nit gonna loose 314 endurance just to use reactive warding.