We do want it, we're vocal about wanting it. You have great logic in cxp!

Daniellcarlson

we dont want the game handed to us, we want to struggle.

BW keep it as it is, we understand you are running a business and want to get the most amount of money from us.

You're doing a great job

thankyou

sorry had to change the I's to we..cause the other thread says we is the right word to use

Edited by Daniellcarlson

Hey, don't throw me in this "we" pool. I'm not a masochist - I play games to have fun, not struggle. :cool:

No doubt, When a game is like a job and not R&R&F = Rest & Recreation & Fun, then why bother if i am going to work at fun, I better Get PAID to do that JOB. I dont want to work, i want to have fun playing a game.

That's great that you really like the galactic command system. But, there is a lot of dissatisfaction with it from a wide range of different play styles.

If you had a alternative system much like the crystal/boss drop systems of the past, then you could please a much larger player base.

Both systems could run side by side. The community would be satisfied and go back to complaining about no new end game content.

GC and RNG is exactly what this game needs. Gearing like in 4.0 was stupidly fast and everyone ran around in nearly full 224 stuff on different characters without doing anything except getting carried through Karagga and SOA. To bad BW is now going the Legacy/Token-way, characterbound GClevels was a great idea to finally get people to learn their class, because you were in need to actually PLAY it instead of getting carried.

Be happy that BW gave you a finger with all those changes, but you don't want a finger, do you? You want to rip off not only the arm but the whole upper body. Get a grip on yourself and take a rest if this game is "work" for you. Enough people still enjoy it, more so without the bickering of a vocal minority. The world will not end without you. ;)

Hahaha this passive aggressive thread tho. Feminine drama is stronk.

Passive aggressive? At least we don't want that people lose their jobs, we don't threaten the devs/EA with anything. Our little minority should take a step back, enjoy life and realise that this is a game.

Passive aggressive? At least we don't want that people lose their jobs, we don't threaten the devs/EA with anything. Our little minority should take a step back, enjoy life and realise that this is a game.

Your signature has the tag #BanIdiotsandHaters. So you want paying customers banned from the game for being 'idiots' (by your definition, no one else's) and for being 'haters' (which I'm guessing in your opinion means anyone who doesn't endlessly champion EAWare on everything). And that's better somehow, wanting people BANNED FROM THE GAME for the OMG TERRIBLE SIN of having opinions that differ from yours?

You're not just being passive-aggressive, you're being hypocritical as well.

Edited by AscendingSky

I am still a newbie so I cannot possibly say this system is better or worse than before, but I must say I really do not mind Galactic Command. I mean, it does not bother me really. Yeah it is painfully slow to gear up and I wish they somehow fasten it and make higher % to drop good and useful stuff... but other than that, I do not mind GC RNG. I completely understand why so many people hate it, but I will not whine or cry about it, works for me well. I disintegrate most of the stuff, take some schematics, tokens and move on with playing stuff that I still find FUN. As long as it is FUN to me, I will play no matter what type of a gearing system it is. I enjoy doing different set of 15-20 heroics a day to farm creds, crafting to sell and doing OPs with my guild..... so even if I am unlucky at RNG I will still make tons of credits which allow me to gear up through GTN practically. No set bonus but ehhh, I really do not desperately need 242 gear. I will be happy at full 234-236 for the time being. As for alts, my main is BH and I want to gear him up, for alts I do not really care, I just play them for the story. So, subjectively speaking, works for me good, but I am sad to hear that so many people are not satisfied and consider leaving..

I can tell you one thing, guys: If you don't care for BiS gear, set bonus and whatnot, this whole CXP-thingy is just a faint buzzing in the background. I have more fun with the game now than before 5.0. CXP is a bonus for me and sometimes I get something cool/nice/interesting from the crates. And if not, status quo remains the same for me. I don't even know my GC-level. It's unimportant for me.

(Note that I wrote "I" and not "we". I only speak for myself.)

I can tell you one thing, guys: If you don't care for BiS gear, set bonus and whatnot, this whole CXP-thingy is just a faint buzzing in the background. I have more fun with the game now than before 5.0. CXP is a bonus for me and sometimes I get something cool/nice/interesting from the crates. And if not, status quo remains the same for me. I don't even know my GC-level. It's unimportant for me.

(Note that I wrote "I" and not "we". I only speak for myself.)

I agree totally, I love logging in and enjoying various different ways to play, instead of being forced if I want to work on my gear to do ops. I enjoy operations but like many other aspects of the game I hate being forced to only do operations. Now with 5.0 if I log in and feel like doing some pvp or gsf I get a way to work towards gear too. If I choose to do heroics for credits I also get rewarded. If i want to work on conquest for my guild I also get rewarded. Its great. I do not mind them putting schematics back in ops but I love they came up with the GC. By the way I am not even on tier three yet. I have one pub at 115 and imperial at 92. I am find even if they didnt make the changes because I don't have have top gear within the first months of it being released. I guess I am old school and when they drop 3 new tiers of gear, I expect it to take me 3-4 months to acquire full set of top gear.

...I mean, it does not bother me really. Yeah it is painfully slow to gear up and I wish they somehow fasten it and make higher % to drop good and useful stuff...

That came across to me as pretty contradictory.

...I disintegrate most of the stuff, take some schematics, tokens and move on with playing stuff that I still find FUN. As long as it is FUN to me, I will play no matter what type of a gearing system it is....

I wish I could have the same experience. I have "FUN" repeating class stories and planetary missions, yet they aren't repeatable and don't award CXP unless you somehow grind it to level 70 beforehand. Even then you can only do them once per character. However, I have managed to open approximately 18 crates on my main since GC went live and I, too, rarely receive something that I want and have disintegrated the majority of the items I've obtained.

When I really think about it, it wouldn't matter if the content I consider fun awards CXP because the crates would still rarely drop something I want. With the current setup of awarding my "fun" content 0 CXP, I'm actually saved the time of clearing these crates out of my inventory for more CXP to get the next crate that will result in nothing but more CXP, and so on.

It reminds me of when I was a kid when I'd watch my mom buy lotto tickets that would win another lotto ticket, that would win another lotto ticket, but this system is worse: you win only a portion of a lotto ticket and each time, the portion gets smaller.

Edited by Edyn

we dont want the game handed to us, we want to struggle.

BW keep it as it is, we understand you are running a business and want to get the most amount of money from us.

You're doing a great job

thankyou

sorry had to change the I's to we..cause the other thread says we is the right word to use

Sorry but no.

I was Ok with 4.0. Clearing content to get gear. Clearing any content to get crystals that got me gear as well.

Use 4.0 gearing system but slow down the gearing a bit, combine it with GC as a secondary system and then you got something most would get behind.

Keep what we have now, continue to tweak it all they want and we will continue to lose gamers. CXP and GC now has such a negative connotation to it there really is no tweaks to it that will suddenly make it worth doing.

I can't agree with your statement.

If the players who genuinely like Galactic Command (and not just whatever Bioware produces) can technically clarify how and why it is better than the progression system we had before 4.0 (not during or after 4.0) then please do so. Edited by GalacticKegger