Slicing nerf made the game more unbalanced

chooven

Nerfing slicing so much just give the people that have been doing it for 2 weeks an even greater advantage over the people that didn't exploit the skill. Those players have stacks of credits and now there is no way to make that up. Its like giving a small percentage of players 500+K credits at the start. I am on a PvP server and it really hurts when you come up against a player that has the upgraded speeder (that I cant afford) and all purple quality modifications on their full set of orange gear. It will take me several weeks to be on the same playing field.

Nerfing slicing so much just give the people that have been doing it for 2 weeks an even greater advantage over the people that didn't exploit the skill. Those players have stacks of credits and now there is no way to make that up. Its like giving a small percentage of players 500+K credits at the start. I am on a PvP server and it really hurts when you come up against a player that has the upgraded speeder (that I cant afford) and all purple quality modifications on their full set of orange gear. It will take me several weeks to be on the same playing field.

ok OP so your calling everybody who used slicing a exploiter. how was there a exploit? we used a CS that was made for people who did not want to craft to make money. from questing my alt has made more money then slicer my slicer made about 150k yet from questing and selling my crafted gears on my alt from lvl 10-25 i have made about 400k.

ok OP so your calling everybody who used slicing a exploiter. how was there a exploit? we used a CS that was made for people who did not want to craft to make money. from questing my alt has made more money then slicer my slicer made about 150k yet from questing and selling my crafted gears on my alt from lvl 10-25 i have made about 400k.

I said "greater advantage over the people that didn't exploit the skill" if you didn't exploit it I wasn't talking about you. Exploit is someone running 4+ low level toons sending out 2 or 3 companions even 30 minutes.

What you are describing is normal play to me

Speeders allow you to move faster and are completely unusable in combat #sarcastic.

Its simple math that a 90% speeder will be overtaken by a 100+% speeder

Clearly this is an issue that will still exist next month... :rolleyes:

I said "greater advantage over the people that didn't exploit the skill" if you didn't exploit it I wasn't talking about you. Exploit is someone running 4+ low level toons sending out 2 or 3 companions even 30 minutes.

What you are describing is normal play to me

im sorry but someone running crew skill missions on 4 toons on account they paid for is not and exploit. it's simply them playing the game.

im sorry but someone running crew skill missions on 4 toons on account they paid for is not and exploit. it's simply them playing the game.

then why was it decided, by the designers of the game, to be nerfed. If that is how they intended it to be used

Yes, yes, we're all jealous of the people that were lucky enough to pick Slicing first and didn't have our opportunity to make a ton of credits after word spread, but before they nerfed it. I went Artifice/Arch/Treasure Hunting and I was one of the many that learned too late of the ROI of Slicing.

But, seriously, let it go. Slicing remaining the way it was would have broken the economy since word would eventually spread and everyone and their mother would take Slicing just to 'keep up'. The damage is done, its too late to make your pile of credits and a handful of people have an advantage over you that you're going to have to spend some time catching up to. That's what makes MMOs interesting; the constantly shifting balance of power, whether intentional design or not. Sometimes you'll be at the top, sometimes you'll be at the bottom. Get over it and move on.

Edited by Bibdy

So in other words, you are upset that it got nerfed before you got to make you money.

AMEN!!!! you hit the nail on the head and this is also why so many people are complaining about the nerf because they just learned about it right before the nerf and didn't get a chance to capitalize on it.

I am glad they nerfed slicing .. it's now in line where it should have been from the beginning

Meh... the nerf bat is out... first slicing then something else... I can see the pattern starting already. So early in the game and things are getting nerfed. WoW, Rift and now this... things should just be left as they are. So what if some ppl get 400K+ credits if they capitolized on it? I believe that is the nature of things in an economy - we have it here in the real world - if you're clever enough and know where to invest, you make money and if not, you don't. It's just very disparaging to start nerfing stuff in the game and it's not even a month out. But whatever, it's only my humble opinion.

So someone using cheats, hacks, infinite credit exploits, etc on an account they paid for is legitimate as well?

K..

Why don't I even make it simple for you.

im sorry but someone buying and reselling an item from a vendor that sells for more than the purchase price is not an exploit. it's simply them playing the game.[/quote

You DO understand what the term exploit means right? Wait... dumb question considering your post...

So someone using cheats, hacks, infinite credit exploits, etc on an account they paid for is legitimate as well?

K..

Why don't I even make it simple for you.

im sorry but someone buying and reselling an item from a vendor that sells for more than the purchase price is not an exploit. it's simply them playing the game.[/quote

You DO understand what the term exploit means right? Wait... dumb question considering your post...

I'm well aware of what an exploit is, it's you who have no idea what it is. Some one logs in on one character, sends out all the companions they can on crew skill missions, logs out and back in on another and does it, rinse and repeat is not exploiting.